INTEC College / unethical behaviour

South Africa

HELLO... I am a student at intec, I must say that the college is really disappointing on the day on registration the people there spoke a whole lot of positive stuff about this college and my parents signed me up.. we even paid in full for the entire course which was a lot of money. After that it all went down hill.. I have been trying to avoid many things but this is not a positive way to study it makes you really unhappy and adds a lot of stress. Even though we as students don't come to class everyday.. we still deserve the best attention due to the fact that we paid our money to get a education..

1. The people that you call at the call center for help is so rude, they speak anyhow they feel, they make you wait on the phone for a long long time. there are times when I hang up. Most times they tell me to email my complaint.

2. They called me insisting that my fees are not paid.. WHEN I PAID IN FULL AT THE BEGINNING. This went on for like 3 weeks saying that I have major outstanding fees... They said due to outstanding fees I cant get my assessments marks. When it came to fees they called like twice daily but for help and assistants they take forever or don't even end up helping at all.

3. I register and pay for my exam a month or even more before the actually exams...3 of my exams sessions my paper was not in at the venue, they ask me to have to come back the next day and write both on the same day. I ended up failing all the exams for year. This recent time my paper was 35 minutes late.. it supposed to be a 2 hour paper the lecturer actually told me to stop and He put all the lights in the hall off and took my paper when I was supposed to get 35 minutes extra even after everyone was done because I started late.. I didn't even end up finishing and I failed. One exam half the paper was missing and they still failed me even though the lecturer signed it saying paper is missing... That was a totally waste of 2000 rand and its really disappointing because people don't have such money like this to just let go. They just sent me a paper to say I must re-write for amount 2000 rand.

4. The course I am currently studying some subjects are made of 3 books.. how on earth do you write an exam that is consisting of 3 books. I really don't understand, how do you learn everything from all 3 books... not even school or university would do this to you.. its better they give us a research assessment and the exams as open book, they made it open book for one exam session and then change it I don't understand why.. I don't think even they could come sit and do this exams in this method... they could do the exam on each book for subjects that are made of 3 books. how can watch people re-write and not check why just to gain 450 per subject.. and to think that we were told at the beginning that this college will go out of their way to make sure we pass and get a certification... there are a number of colleges I no who make the students do their assessments and then a research assignment from the library and such that make you learn so much more and then make the final exam a open book rather then letting us fail over and over again... I no many students that will agree with me.

I have a number of complaints.. but I don't think anyone at this college is going to do anything about it.. I read all the previous complaints and I totally agree with every person.. sorry to say that intec is just a money thing and they only show interest when you owe them something. I don't understand how people at this place can treat us as students like we did something to them. its disappointing, sad and embarrassing to tell people I study here. Me as a student I won't recommend intec to anyone to study.. its a waste of time and money.. if I had a choice I would of never registered at this college at all.. it is sad that I put all my hard work into this to get this kind of outcome. its extremely disappointing. FOR WHOEVER AT THIS COLLEGE READING MY MESSAGE DON'T START A PLACE TO MESS AROUND WITH PEOPLE WHO COME TO PAY THEIR MONEY AND STUDY.

When people at the beginning started to complaint you guys could of fixed things up from there one at a time.. people have so many different complaints I wonder who is doing what at this place.. you people don't see us to no how much such things are making us stressed or even break down and not want to continue studying... its so DE-motivational...

I really hope that intec starts to take our issues seriously.

Kz