InStyler / Order Processing

Phone: 8003070078

I placed an order online on Dec 2, which was confirmed with Order #776743. However, I made an error on the order so I called Dec 3, to correct the error and was told the order wasn't in the system yet, that it takes 24 hours. I called again Dec 4, told order not in system, takes 48 hours.
Called again Dec 5. still not in system, told it takes 72 hours. Called again Dec 6, still not in system, told they don't know why.

Comments

Ju
  22nd of Dec, 2008

I ordered the Instyler, when I ordered the customer service told me that If for any reason I return the product I will be charge $16.46 fo restocking. The product did not work, so I return it. They changed me $40.00 for restoking fee. I called the Styler company to find out what is going on, and a very rude customer service representative told that there is nothing they can do.
I was misleading by this company. This product does not work, and this is how they make money by misleading the customers. I do not know what to do.

Ju
  22nd of Dec, 2008

The same happen to me this product is a scam.

Ni
  22nd of Dec, 2008

PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. I fought with them forever trying to get my money back. Their customer service is awful, I didn't even try their product because I heard horrible things about it. File a complaint with the BBB, that's RIDICULOUS that you were charged a restocking fee. I've never heard of such nonsense. Call your credit card and fight the charges, they're very bad people

26th of Jan, 2009

I ordered the InStyler for my niece as a Christmas gift. I found out the same day as I made the purchase that she had already been bought this product so I canceled the order the same day I placed it. Simple, right? Wrong. They DID NOT cancel the order (the say "too busy" to answer email when I called customer service @ 1-800-307-0078 -- can you believe it?).

They sent me the product via UPS and I refused it.

They sent it back, AGAIN. I refused it again.

Now they said I have to WAIT until they received it AGAIN for them to give me a credit. I regret having anything to do with this terrible company.

Ka
  26th of Jan, 2009

I ordered the Instyler during a "2 for the price of 1" deal with a 30 day trial for approx $34.95 + shipping. Great deal, right?! I couldn't wait to get online and order. The problem was, the $34.95 was 1 of 4 payments if you decided to keep the products. A detail they failed to mention AT ALL on the TV infomercial. Or, you could pay 1 low price of $124.00 (or so) for both now, and the 30 day trial still applied. I fortunately really like the Instyler, but I was miffed by the somewhat deceptive advertising about the price.

Sw
  27th of Mar, 2009

I just ordered 2 for 3 payments of 31.99. I knew it was going to be around that price, but to charge the 14.99 even if you decide to keep it? I haven't recieved it yet, so don't know if I got my moneys worth. I'm so surprised to see all these bad comments. My friend has really kinky hair and said it takes her 5 minutes to do and comes out like she got it done at a salon. I've seen her hair after she used it, it does look beautiful. Someone tell me besides the price and the way customer service handle your returns, did it work ok though? I want to know before I have to send it back and go through all that big mess. Just found this page today, after I placed the order. So if anyone has any feed back to my question I'd appreciate greatly. Thanks

Je
  10th of May, 2009

I ALSO ORDERED THISAND REFUSED IT. SENT IT BACK THROUGH USPS AND OBTAINED A RECEIPT. INSTYLER MAILED IT BACK TO ME. I AGAIN SENT IT BACK THROUGH USPS. NOW THEY CLAIM THAT THEY NEVER RECEIVED THE PRODUCT BACK. EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A RECEIPT FOR BOTH TIMES I SENT IT BACK THIS COMPANY DENIES IT. I HAVE ASKED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO STOP PAYMENT AND THEY DID FOR ABOUT 6 WEEKS. MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY SAYS IN THEIR INVESTIGATION THAT I NEVER RETURNED THE ITEM. AGAIN I HAVE THE RECEIPT'S FOR THE TWO TIMES I SENT IT BACK. I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MY NEXT STEP WILL BE TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE PA ATTORNEY GENERAL AND THEN TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT.

Ll
  14th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I too ordered this product and it's a piece of CRAP! Don’t order from this company because it’s a SCAM!!! I sent the product back and I have a receipt to prove it. The problem is this company charged $66 to my account. I contacted customer service immediately and spoke to some guy who could not speak English very well and was EXTREMLEY rude and he told me that I needed an ID# in order to return my package. I told him that no one informed me about the return policy, as the box did not come with an invoice or instructions on how to send back. I demanded that my account be credited back the money. The customer service rep told me they have not received my package and that it was more than likely delivered to their warehouse and that I have exactly 10 days for the warehouse to return the package back to me and once I receive it I am to add the item number to the box and write on the box refuse and return to sender. If it’s not done in 10 days my account will not be credited the money. ALL I CAN SAY IS STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Contact RIP OFF. com to file a complaint.

Ca
  30th of Jun, 2009

I too ordered the product 2 for 1 deal on May 27, 2009. On June 19, 2009 I contacted the company to advise it was never delivered, I was advised to contact the US mail since it was given to them from Fed Ex to deliver. I advised when I ordered the product I told them my mailing address city is Plantation, Fl. they showed Ft. Laudredale, Fl. on the shipping confirmation. I agreed to check, the US postal advised they have not received the package to deliver. I sent the customer service an email advising I have not received the order, there was no response... Finally I called them today 6/30/09, waited 15 minutes on hold since they are so busy. The service put me on hold, tey came back and advised the supervisor approved a credit to my account for the entire amount of $139.96 which was already charged on my visa on 5/27/09.
I was very upset they did not offer to send out another order, they did not offer a discount for my time of going back round-n-round to locate the package. They did not apologize, just credit my account. I really wanted to try this product, now I will invest the money in the Japanese thermol reconditioning at a salon...

Co
  6th of Jul, 2009

Oh God, I'm experiencing the same thing with the fact that the order is taking FOREVER to show up as being processed! I ordered it last Tuesday.

Ly
  13th of Jul, 2009

I have had a similar problem with this company. I saw the info commercial buy one get one free. There was NO mention of any more payments other than the 14.99 plus shipping and handling and tax. When I spoke with customer service all they said was I had 30 days to try it and return if not happy. They NEVER mentioned any further payments. I was one of the fortunate ones and they never got any more money from me, because I had to change my card number. They had the old number and could not use it. This kind of misrepresentation should not be allowed.

28th of Aug, 2009

I Gwendolyn Moore have sent in money order payment of 139.96, sent in mail 7-27-09 and I have nothing send to me, nor can I track my order online. either send me my order or my money. Maybe you can afford for people to steal from you, but I can't. I hope that I'm wrong, I sent a money order and it should not have taken this long to get my order. This is the very reson why I don't like to buy using mail, online orders and phone. I would perfer to buy from a store in person.

28th of Aug, 2009

I would like to know why you hold a money order 20 days before you process an order? That dose not make sence to me. Live is to short and precious for people not getting their order in a timely matter. I will not stand for it. "Best believe me"!

Bl
  15th of Sep, 2009

Wow. I can't say that I agree with the negative comments that some of you are throwing out there.

To the person that sent the money order...you CAN check to see if the M.O. has been cashed as long as you have the copy of it.

Those of you saying that you were never told that the Instyler would cost you anything more than $14.99. Seriously?! Did you honestly believe that you would be getting an amazing product for a mere $15?! Give me a break! The commercial flat out says "TRY IT for only $14.99, and if for any reason, you don't love it, return it within 30 days" It does not say "This product can be yours for ONLY $14.99"

Stop trying to blame your naiveness on this company, and realize that this is YOUR fault!!

Co
  15th of Sep, 2009

RIDICULOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NEVER OUR FAULT. The company's customer service management is I N T E N T I O N A L L Y evasive and UNACCEPTABLE. You're an embarrassment to try to defend this because I know for a fact that there are some sales associates that DO TRY to say you only pay $14.99 to just get their sale & commission. I know this because they tried to do this to my friend and I actually tried to purchase the product as well. Thank God I was spared. I suggest you try contacting the Texas Attorney General and go through formal complaint procedures against the company. THEY SO BADLY DESERVE IT!!!

Ma
  8th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have a complaint against bluntnessismyfirstname, why would you add to already disheartening of customer services? I don't care what product it is, we all are looking for bargains and if it says 14.99 that's what we think. This is tricky advertising purposely designed to extort money from yes (naive costumers) this is wrong. I am looking at the infomercial now and decided to research, everyone doesn't know to do that. I'm very careful when it comes to my money, not cheap, careful. You are right to a point when you say you shouldn't expect much for 14 dollars, and I would have suspected it isn't a good product for that price, I started researching before they showed the price. Still some people believe what they see, and get excited and move forward. It isn't fair that someone would use that against them to extort money. Besides that they have poor service in general, who would have known. Then to say it's their fault is just mean, not blunt.

Tr
  17th of Oct, 2009

I had ordered InStyler and before I received my Instyler, I received a phone call about
joining something that would cost me $24.99 a month. The person on the other line
talked so fast and then transferred me to another representative and spoke twice as fast.
They were very pushy, and I repeated stated that I did not want it. But they kept talking, and I repeated "cancel" now. So, I had not seen any statement with this monthly
charge. But the thing is that I had not received the InStyler Qty 1. Well, I received Qty 2. I was not happy. I had used this product once and I'm not impressed, over-rated. And
yes they did not tell me that this product was going to charge this huge amount.
I'm sending both back. I went on-line and there was a clause in there that products must
be sent back within 5 days of purchase with an approved return authorization. Not only
do I have to pay shipment on two products! If you are not satisfied with the product,
send it back within 30 days is a crock! Return in 5 days! I had not received a return
ticket authorization yet. Also, got taken by purchasing a monthly auto-shipped
supply of hair products. Well, these products are pretty generic. I probably can buy
a better named product at the dollor store. Read the small print. Don't get taken. And
report complaints to BBB. POOR SALES REPRESENTATION.

Lp
  17th of Dec, 2009

I had ordered in styler & I received on 11/19/09 and I did try it but I do not like it, so I send it back on 12/03/09 but you now WHAT they send it back to me & I call them & they said the reason why they send it was because I do not call, so I have to paid again this is unacceptable. luisa

Lp
  17th of Dec, 2009

please be more responsible with your products I need to get my money back, & this is the worst experience ever. Lpena

Id
  1st of Jan, 2010

LADIES - DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT. DO AN ONLINE SEARCH - READ COMMENTS AT www.pissedcustomer.com AND TYPE IN INSTYLER. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS ONLINE!!! THEY ARE SOLD AT TARGET AND THEY GAVE ME MY MONEY BACK WHEN I RETURNED THE INSTYLER ... NO QUESTIONS ASKED! THIS IS THE WORST CASE OF FALSE ADVERTISING EVER! I HOPE SOMEONE SUES THESE PEOPLE!!