InfusionSoft

Online scam

3.05
InfusionSoft
infusionsoft.com
Stay Away! All Their promises are nothing but hot air! I've gotten nothing but the run around from them since I first signed up with the over 2 full weeks ago. Not 1 of any of their supposed 'Bonuses' did I receive; even though I have repeatedly requested them to several of the con artists that work there

Beware of the 'secret committee' that hides behind the curtain. The peons that answer the phone cannot give anyone a direct answer - if they ever decide to answer their phones,

And they say that they will help YOU connect with customers??

I have not even got an email from them in over 9 days.

Their customer service sucks.

STAY AWAY from this bunch of internet cons!!

I cannot believe that Dan Kennedy would let them drag his name through the dirt with their lousy service. Empty promises of some sort of mythical Dan Kennedy sales letters - just hype and more lies.
Complaint comments Comments (42)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

A  20th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I agree. A total and utter scam!

We signed up with Infusion last year and it has been nothing short of a nightmare. There system is terrible. Don't believe any hype about this system, it is seriously bug-ridden.

One day I hope to tell you the horror stories we have cone through with Infusionsoft, but at the moment we're looking at taking serious legal action against them.

If you value your business and your customers stay as far away from Infusionsoft as you can. They have the power to kill your business, . If you don't believe me call them and ask about the tens of thousands of fraudulent transactions they processed through merchant accounts 'in error' this week.

If you know anyone who is even remotely thinking about going with Infusionsoft make sure to let them know to stay well clear and not to believe the ### that they spread about how great their system is. It's not. It's a flakey piece of crap.

All they are is a big sales outfit that will do anything to sign you up and get your money. I am 100% sure that they will go bust, but before they do they will extract the maximum amount of cash from the market place as they can and make their owners very rich indeed.
A  20th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree. They are a terrible company. Poor product with a lot of hype to make it sound good. And their customer service is the worst I've ever encountered.
D  6th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Infusionsoft is an upstanding company that provides marketing automation software for small business. Customer service and satisfaction is taken with high regard at Infusionsoft and we are very reasonable and willing to work with a client if there's an issue.

I advocate for our customers and I would be open to accepting feedback and providing solutions for anyone who has a concern with our company.

My email address is joseph.manna~at~infusionsoft.com and my phone number is 480-289-6814.

Thanks,

Joseph Manna
Consumer Advocate, Community Manager
Infusionsoft | www.infusionsoft.com
A  16th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I finally decided to give infusionsoft a try after my sales rep be hounding me the last 6 months. they said I could test drive it for 60 days, so I said what the heck. I paid in full, then after like 3 weeks. I didn't have the time to put into infusionsoft so I asked for my money back. and they said they couldn't. I am so pissed off right now at this company. I also didn't recieve the bonuses I was supposed to get. I had appointments that they missed.

this company sucks. I am gonna do everything I can possibly do to get my money back. this infusionsoft is a scam and not worth the money. I am sticking with aweber all the way. if anyone knows any suggestions on how to get my money back let me know.
A  28th of Mar, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I recieved a call from a ladie who said she would be returning my money in full. She said she would call me back in 2 hours and to NO surprise that call never came.

I will be protesting at the april dan kennedy event against infusionsoft. Things might get out of hand because I have a number of people who will be in my corner.

My credit card company, lawyer, and I are working hard at shutting these thieves down.

STAY AWAY FROM INFUSIONSOFT!!

JUST GOOGLE - INFUSIONSOFT SCAMS

You will find a number of complaints on infusionsoft and I know of several more in my cirlce of internet marketers who are very upset with infusionsoft.
A  28th of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I total rip off. The sales staff will promise you anything to get a sale. Liars cheats and theives.
A  30th of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Here, here. Infusionsoft are scammers and shysters. Don't believe the hype you here about Infusionsoft from Internet Marketing 'guru's like Rich Schefren. They're all earning a bit fat commission for recommending these shysters and should be well and truly ashamed of themselves.

Don't give them the time of day. They promise the earth and deliver nothing put a s**t, and that includes both their software AND their support. They're terrible.
A  30th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I could not agree more with your evaluation. I sent e mails to three different people at this company and they have taken $5000 from me in the last six months. I am extremely disappointed with this company and pissed at myself that I was hooked by their hard sell tactics. They do not evaluate your needs if your a warm body they make you feel that you cannot survive without their software for another day. I made a mistake but they should be accountable for their business practices.
N  1st of May, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Contacted the Arizona Attorney General
Hopefully I get a resolution
A  6th of May, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Good luck mdoyle.

I hope you take these shysters to the cleaners, but even that's too good for Infusionsoft.
N  7th of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Hi folks,

I'm sorry you feel Infusionsoft hasn't met your needs or expectations. I'll respectfully disagree with the remarks and baseless comments made by the individuals here and offer that I'll listen and advocate for your needs. Again, sorry if we've let you down; clearly we messed up along the way if you're looking at comments on this forum.

@wastedmoney -- I'd would love to discuss why you feel our software is a ripoff? I'm not sure who we're ripping off if we empower clients to get started migrating their business into our software and the software is practically ready to use once one purchases. Likewise, we offer human support (based here in Arizona), whom are eager to help and support any need our customers have with using Infusionsoft. You refer to our sales team -- I'd like to learn more about what you may have been promised and deliver that feedback to our sales managers. It's not within the bounds of our core values to mislead or improperly set expectations for customers and I apologize if we did and would love to address it head on internally. I look forward to you contacting me, my information is included below.

@BicMaccer -- We work with industry leaders in marketing such as Rich Schefren to help get the word out about our solution for small businesses. Yes, they’re compensated for sending business to us, only because we appreciate their time in sending business our way. Our solutions that are endorsed by others are because they stand behind every aspect of our business. If they didn't, they wouldn't bother with us and could just as easily align with a competing service. I would love to learn where we could improve our product and support -- it definitely sounds like you're passionate about it and I want to help you. We have nearly 90% customer satisfaction rating and we work tirelessly to make the lives of entrepreneurs just a little bit easier with our solution. I would appreciate if you invested a few minutes and elaborate on how we can improve; my contact information is listed below.

@Mark -- I'm pretty sure that if we charged you $5, 000, you likely agreed and this was all made clear in the order. Otherwise, if it's an error, we'd be more than happy to address it with you. With our software, it's not that you can't survive; it's that you can live more freely and can relax and do business better with your customers. We see so many entrepreneurs out there using 3, 4, 5, 6 or even up to 10 different systems for managing their business -- our software combines all those into one and all the aspects fully integrate with each other. If you didn't feel this applied to you, I apologize, but doesn't reflect on our business practices. I think a better way to move forward is to fully implement Infusionsoft in your business and look at the results. You might be quite impressed as to what you can automate and how. If you want to chat about this and perhaps bend my ear for a moment, my information is included below.

@Mdoyle -- We're in good standing relations with the Attorney General and will be more than happy to provide the necessary documentation to defend the reputation of our company. Sorry to hear that you're not moving forward with Infusionsoft; it just seems that doubling your sales and revenue is more constructive than sending complaints to the A.G. Just my thoughts... if you wish to discuss, my information is included below.

~~~~~

I appreciate everyone's passion for using our software. Clearly, it seems we need to improve our end of making it undeniably clear regarding our obligations and customer obligations. I think folks become a bit heated, especially since customers invest a lot into their business both financially and productivity-wise. We understand that and our team is committed to providing great customer service to all customers. We strive to ensure everything we do falls well within the Core Values of our business -- that is, Entrepreneurship, Authenticity, Integrity, Passion and Compassion for all our customers, prospects and partners.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or want to share any feedback that you might have. I'll do my best to advocate your need and get it resolved. :)

I wish you all great success!

~Joseph Manna
Community Manager, Infusionsoft, http://www.infusionsoft.com
email: joseph . manna at infusionsoft . com
phone: 480-289-6814
A  16th of Jun, 2009 by    -2 Votes
I know two more victims - odd that such an UPSTANDING company would have so many, many complaints... hmmmmmmmmmm Most companies have a 30 day money back guarantee - if you're such a great company and have such a great product then you should be able to afford to give customers dissatisfied their money back within the first 30 days... seems your story and claims Mr. Manna are the ones with discrepancies... doesn't it look that way to the rest of you who were taken?
N  23rd of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I work with clients everyday that use infusionsoft and help implement them successfully. As well as integrate their existing web sites with the software. There are so many different variables to the software. I have about 25 clients, all of which are very active users of the software and only ONE uses the API for there business online. The average user of the software does not use the API and I know that the support staf f does not support the API it is for programmers and developers to use the documentation to implement. And actually the support staff are quite knowledgeable and helpful when ever I talk to them.

Here are some other comments about the software if anyone wants to read about the SUCCESS people have had. It takes work. You cant just buy and expect crazy sales.
A  1st of Aug, 2009 by    -2 Votes
MANY empty promises on functionality and capabilities... and now they want to charge for a functionality (Outlook Integration) that was promises over 18 months ago... what a reward for sticking it out with them, unbelievable.
I've written off the $5k, and now just look at the $300 / month and it is just barely worth that in time savings / doing much of this manually.

Infusionsoft: if you were dealing with larger organizations, I have no doubt you would be spending a lot of time in court for unfulfilled contractual obligations. Fortunately for you most of us small businesses owners don't have the time or inclination to get involved in court cases... especially for $5000.

Looking at Infusionsoft? Don't rush in or succumb to their sales tactics...

Disappointed in Infusionsoft
N  1st of Aug, 2009 by    +2 Votes
@Disappointed in Infusionsoft --

Sorry to hear you feel that way. I'd like to learn more about the alleged empty promises on functionality and capability of the software. Infusionsoft is not charging for Outlook integration; I'm not sure where you read that. In the future, premium features will be available in the plugin. If you're not reaping the benefits for what you pay for $300, then we need to help you. With the software and application of the suggested marketing strategies, you will be able to double your sales with effective follow-up sequences.

Yes, we do business with larger companies sometimes. No, we don't have any issues with contracts or fulfilling on those. Not sure where you're getting that from. Infusionsoft does care about entrepreneurs, fulfills on contracts, exceeds user expectations and does it with class, ethic and clarity. I'm not sure why you feel otherwise. We're also compassionate and can be flexible and work with clients.

I would love to help, so please consider sending me an email. Anonymous comments are not helpful to anyone and it doesn't allow us to learn from your experiences.

~Joseph
My email: joseph.manna@infusionsoft.com
N  12th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
As a CMAC for over a year I like Infusionsoft and the people.

While I have had some frustration with some features (or lack thereof) the staff has treated me like gold and, no, I don’t think it’s because I’m a CMAC. (I’m not some world-renowned super marketer. Just a former Air Force football player with 6 kids building my own sales and marketing consulting gig in the bowels of SoCal with a passion for sales and marketing training/consulting.)

I am also certified as a trainer with Salesforce.com and I used SFDC since 2004 with various high tech companies.

With that experience I have no qualms recommending Infusionsoft to small business owners over SFDC. SFDC was meant for large enterprises. SFDC sucks when it comes to helping small businesses market and sell and grow.

I will stipulate that I approach using Infusionsoft from a sales and marketing standpoint vs. a programmer, which I am not.

Infusionsoft has been great for my small business clients that are looking to:
- embed web forms.
- build a database.
- tag that database for future, relevant correspondence.
- communicate with that database regularly with good, relevant content.
- codify and quantify their unique selling propositions to ensure their messaging is delivered to 100% of prospects 100% of the time.
- track open rates with HTML emails and trackable links embedded in the emails.
- process credit cards (ecommerce) for both one time orders and subscriptions via order forms and/or a shopping cart.
- offer an upsell at the time of checkout.
- store and share notes and files/documents with small teams.
- grow.

I’m glad Infusionsoft dropped the $5, 000 setup fee. I was not a fan of that at all.

Infusionsoft, when installed and used properly like Gregg LaPore described above, is PERFECT for the one-office dentist, Realtor®, mortgage broker, promotional items company, IT VAR, restaurant owner, etc with 1 – 25 employees and thinks marketing is putting a wrap on their car and their picture on their business card and expect the phone to ring.

I’ve been selling and/or training since 1995 and I can tell you that Infusionsoft and Dan Kennedy made me stretch to fully comprehend and begin to master the art of marketing through persuasive copywriting, consistent follow up and upsells.

Did Infusionsoft sell a little more than they could handle? Probably. (How many small businesses [or former small businesses] wished they had that problem?)
Did it cause some pain for some users? Obviously.
Are some of their sales people a little pushy and cheesy? Yes (but none of them have been through my sales training courses!)
Do any of the sales people possess the power of telekinesis or Jedi Mind Tricks that forced people to buy? Not that I know of.
Do the support staff blow people off? Apparently but they’ve never done it to me nor any of my clients and I don’t have ESP, telekinesis or Obi Wan’s powers.
Are the support staff inexperienced? I noticed an influx of rookies 6-8 months ago but that seems to have tapered off and the folks I’ve spoken with since then have been fine if not superb.
Is it a better solution for the small businesses I listed above compared to hobbling together Outlook, Excel, 1ShoppingCart, aWeber and ConstantContact and Salesforce.com? Without a doubt.

If you’re a 90 person company with 65 SKUs and you’re growing 50% a year and you’re adding 5 products a month…Infusionsoft may not be right for you…but they admit it.

If you don’t have a list, you’re just starting out online, you’ve never created a webform and you’ve never even used the “Categories” feature in Outlook to segment your contacts, might you be better off with a ConstantContact account for $19 or $29/mo? Probably. But how big do you want to be and how quickly? If the answer is “BIG” and “fast” then it may be worth it for you to start out with Infusionsoft.

If you’re a 10 person company with two sales people and you, the owner, are involved in sales and and you’re doing manual, duplicate entry and sales and leads are falling off the table then Infusionsoft can be a life-saver.

But if you’ve never written a follow-up sequence or exported contacts as CSV files or tagged/categorized contacts, and you can’t explain your own company’s USP and you can’t rattle off in your sleep 3 COMPELLING reasons why I should buy from YOU then you’d be well-advised to take the $4, 000 you just saved on the Infusionsoft setup fee and retain someone to help you set all of this up for you FROM DAY ONE!

Why?

Because sales and marketing are:
A) Not the same.
B) Not as easy as it looks.
C) Friggin’ IMPOSSIBLE to master in a timely fashion for the typical “E-Myth” technician that thinks “I can shimmy a door better than my jerk of a boss” and goes out on his own to open his own contracting business only to have his ###, kidneys, liver, lungs, nostrils, knee caps and esophagus handed to him a mere 6 months later after he’s run out of fancy business cards and relatives he can beg business off of.

If you try to duct tape your marketing and bootstrap any platform, in 4 months you’ll be out $800 in fees, $8, 000 in lost opportunity costs, and 60 hours of software-induced frustration and you’ll be posting on here how much you dislike Infusionsoft.

Keep up the good work, Jon. Thanks for helping Infusionsoft improve. Thanks for being open-minded about helping them improve.

Remember, Life’s too short for follow up calls.
Wes Schaeffer
The Sales Whisperer®
wes@thesaleswhisperer.com
714.369.8004
Contact me anytime to validate, discuss and/or debate anything I've posted here.
A  3rd of Feb, 2010 by    -1 Votes
Joesph Manna...What A JOKE!!! I hope this guy gets paid alot...

I've owned Infusionsoft and I've run big organizations. Shame on me for trying this piece of you know what...Their CRM software is just awful. We could not integrate it with our sales force and wound up loosing credibility to our clients. There service after the sale was made was horrible. Infusionsoft is simply a sales driven organization, and as good as they are making the sale, the CRM doesn't come close to fulfilling promises made by it's sales staff.

Stay away from Infusionsoft. Not only is their software a ripp-off, but it will cost you dearly with future lost revenue and unhappy employees. No doubt that most - if not all - of the positive posts come from Infusionsoft employees or resllers.

Infusionsoft sucks.
A  4th of Feb, 2010 by    -2 Votes
I have tried (unsuccessfully) to work with the Arizona BBB on a complaint against Infusionsoft. After the BBB decided that Infusionsoft should participate in BBB’s arbitration on my claim, Infusionsoft declined to… Apparently Infusionsoft had a special clause put into their BBB agreement that does not force them to use the BBB’s arbitration (free to consumers) instead they have their own idea of arbitration…We were given a 100% money back guarantee by the rep and Infusionsoft is not honoring it. To boot, after cancelling the service Infusionsoft continued to charge our company credit card. We had the charges reversed and then Infusionsoft had our account sent to an outside collection company.

I am perplexed at how they continue to get such a high rating from the BBB and why the BBB does not update their online records about complaints with Infusionsoft.

We were completely “taken” by this company and the software (bug-ridden) was incorrectly sold to us. The firm posture that Infusionsoft is taking is to not honor their guarantee.

My question to those out there with similar issues: did you try the BBB? If so, what happened? Did you escalate it from there? What agency should I go to if the BBB does not take action? Attorney General? FTC?

Please respond back or you can email me with suggestions at darren1964@live.com
A  9th of Feb, 2010 by    -2 Votes
Infusionsoft scam - I signed up for a free trail, they took my credit card details and started deducting even after I let them know I have not used their software or are going to use it . eventually they stopped deducting but now it is a battle to get the money back which they stole from. Every time I get hold of someone at Infusionsoft more promises . After more than a month now no refund. If someone had the same problem and wish to contact me my mail is louis@botes.co.nz
N  20th of Feb, 2010 by    -2 Votes
I agree.

They ripped me off and now are pretending like they dont know what I am talking about.
Clate mask himself promised me a refund and I am still waiting.

Sam