IndiGo Airlines / Baggage Loss
My sister flew to Bangalore from Vadodara on the 27th of Apr 2008 on Indigo Airlines flight 6E 277 with her two kids. The flight was via Mumbai (just a stop).
She had checked in two pieces of check-in baggage. When the flight landed at Mumbai someone from the Airline came up to her and asked her how many check-in baggages she had and she told them it was two (a bag and a suitcase).
On landing at the Bangalore airport, she was able to get only the suitcase. The bag never came. On lodging a complaint with the Airline, we were not even given a complaint number on insisting a lot they agreed to call and let us know of a complaint number.
Since that day we keep calling the Airline number and talking to various people but to no avail. They never call to update us on the status of the search. And when I call they just say we are searching.
They say that if at the end of 20 days (wow !) they are unable to find they would compensate us with some money (based on some weight related calculation).
My suggestion to them is to give me the money right now and take it back the moment they find the bag for me. This will keep them on toes and attend to the problem with more diligence. And for me, it would mean that I get some immediate relief and know that the issue is atleast half solved.
Another thing that baffles me is that they decide the compensation based on the weight of the bag, which is totally ridiculous to me (ok, all airlines do the same, but that doesnt mean it is right). They can make it mandatory for people to fill in the approximate value of the baggage at the time of check-in (like we do when we send packages with couriers).
I am still hoping we will be able to get back the bag. Because I am more interested in getting my bag than any compensation !!
More IndiGo Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- IndiGo - NOT HAPPY WITH CARD 
- IndiGo - Cancellation of Ticket and no refund 
- IndiGo Airlines - extra charging for duty free baggage 
- Chapters Indigo - Wrong Item Sent 
- IndiGo Airlines - Wrost experience with Indigo Airlines/Never travel by this Airlines at any cost 
- IndiGo - indigo platinum card
- IndiGo - indigo flight booking
- IndiGo - baggage damage
- Indigo Credit Card - terrible customer service, no answer at lost or stolen card phone number
- IndiGo - indigo / check-in baggage found damaged and an expensive rado watch stolen pnr:xf6r8t 19th august 2018