indian passport / regarding the passport status

1 India Review updated:

I submitted my passport in the new passport office which is near by Imax theatre on 1st December 2007(the day on which office is opened).In news paper its written that,if we apply for passport in this office,we will get the passport within 20-25 days.But till now Nobody even came for Enquiry & when i check for status in website its showing the file number is wrong or information is not available.And i m trying to call the numbers given in the website,but nobody is picking up the call.I sent an email also to the given mail-id in the website even though no reply from them.Can you please look into this issue and reply me.

Awaiting your reply.

Comments

26th of Feb, 2008

I HAVE APPLIED FOR PASSPORT VIDE RECPT. NO. 6236 DEPTT. RECEIPT NO. 2674 FILE ID CHDZ69230907 DTD 14.09.2007 BUT I HAVE NOT RECD. THE PASSPORT TILL DATE.

AWAITING AN EARLY RESPONSE

• Ra
      15th of May, 2008

This is my fourth complaint, hope you will do something now. I am Government employee, I am to attend a seminar at DRUPA< Germany, which begins From 29-05-08. My file No. A023675, dated 14-03-08.

RAMESH GANDHAM
    Manager
    EFL University,
    Hyderabad.

• Mr
      28th of May, 2008

I am a senior citizen & I have applied for passport in Lucknow Regional Passport Office and my File Ref. No. A115381-06 & Application Date : 15-09-2006 but it is regretted that till date I have not received the passport despite repeated complaint by e-mail and written complaint submitted in Regional Office of Passport, Lucknow vide regestered post. I request the competent authority to do the needful keeping in view my old & helpless age.

Mrs. Kamlesh Tewari
    555 Ga/105 Ka, Subhashnagar
    P.O. Manasnagar, Alambagh
    Lucknow

• Pr
      1st of Jun, 2008

I had applied passports for my wife and children. The passport has arrived but the police clearance is happening about a month later. The police have come home without informing. They have asked my wife to sign a form and demanding tips.

Please let me know :
    1. Why is the police clearance happening after the issue of passport.
    2. Why are we made to get involved with the police, since it’s nothing else but inviting trouble.

The above is extremely discouraging and hurting.

• Se
      2nd of Jun, 2008

this is really disgusting that there r so many complaints left unheard n unsolved.every person is facing the hell of problems irrespective of age n gender.when we approach to enquiry counter he asks to meet pro when go to him he says the same thing what is said on enquiry counter n hopelessly when approached to adalat there also we get same reply.its true nobody is there is to sortout problem or tries to help applicant to save time n grievenses, this department has become worst it lost its dignity.i request competent authorities to look into issue n improve the conditions of services of passport office.when countrys amount is going in salaries n maintaining of passport staff n authority why services are not improving?.i have very worst experience in passport office, please utilise your powers to develop n improve the department, its matter of countrys dignity.

• Bo
      3rd of Jun, 2008

are wo chor bahut ho gaya jaldi mera passport de.are you crazy this is my 10th complain regarding this.and this one is final complian i should get my passport.ok.mind it

12th of Jun, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Anant.J and I work for an IT company in Hyderabad. I am writing this on behalf of my wife Soumya Anant who had applied passport in the month of February 8, 2008 and till date we haven’t received the passport.

Application Number: A012267

File number: HYDA01226708

In spite of the police verification and the clearance been sent to the passport office there is no clue on the status. In April, when I checked the status it stated that it was ready for dispatch by 25th of April. When I went back to check the status, the link itself was down and I believe it was down for more than a month’s time. Even the help-line numbers were inaccessible.

I was really shocked when I received a Telegram dated 23rd May which I received on 30th May asking me to furnish details quoted as “Await 3rd address report” and failing to furnish within 15days would result in closure of this report. We rushed to the passport office on June 2, 2008 to inquire on the information that we were asked to furnish. There we nearly stood in the inquiry queue for about 3 hrs. It was really sad to see the way in which the people were forced to stand. The Inquiry session was on the basement of that building and had neither proper ventilation nor fans. With great difficulty we managed to talk to a person with a disgusting behavior with an atrocious temperament. We were told to get the clearance report from the Inspector of Police for the 3rd address.

We immediately rushed to the Cyberabad police station which is in the outskirts of Hyderabad. There we met Inspector of Police Mr.Sudarshan. He provided information saying both all the reports were dispatched to the passport office on April 4th 2008. Now the question arises is when all the information was furnished, where is the delay?

Now only other option that was left with us was ADALAT as we were told that the passports are dispatched immediately from this Court session which is open every Wednesday 2 PM. In order to book a slot for this session I went along with my wife at 10 am in the morning on 4th of April. There were long queue for men and women standing. Earlier for inquiry it was a Dungeon and now it a open Kabristan (grave yard). It was really pathetic to see how people making their way for reach the official. Both men and women were standing by the side of the road which was an uneven surface or shelter to protect them from hot sun. A part of the queue was standing over debris, garbage and ending at middle of the road which was prone to heavy traffic from either side.

Finally, somehow my wife managed to enter the ADALAT session. When she gave the file number to the officer, the person informed that they haven’t received the 3 rd address report from the police verification. When she produced the dispatch receipt number and the date, he guaranteed that it will be dispatched within a week’s time. It’s been over a week now and the status on the site still shows others.

We have decided to take this issue legally and compensate for all the physical stress and mental strain that we had gone through in getting a passport.

Legal implications will be charged on the following points mentioned below:

1) 4 months baby got aborted because of all the physical strain and mental stress

2) Missing an onsite opportunity offered by the company which could have helped her in closing her loans,

3) Delay in the issuance of passport within the SLA in spite of having all the relevant information.

4) Tampering the Status information on the online inquiry system.

5) Waste of time and money spent in inquiry and ADALAT for getting details.

Hope you can understand the situation and issue us passport immediately. This is not just the plight of me .I am writing this for the sake of my county men who have undergone similar pains. Also I request that the system should change and be easily accessible to common people with better benefits.

Yours Sincerely,

Anant.J

• De
      17th of Jun, 2008

I applied for the passport in he month of March 2008, my file no. A005617. The police verification was done in the month of april2008, the police man came to my home and he call to me on police station to meet the Inspector(thana incharge). I went the police station and completing the all formalities. But till the website of passport office show the police report has not been received. I equest to you please look into this issue and reply me.

Deepa

• Al
      27th of Jun, 2008

Well my questions is this you people have so many complaints have you people ever tried to solve it out or its just for the website sake you have put these questions. I dont think so you people have solved even a single case so why you have make this site...

8th of Jul, 2008

application no Z-006645 Applyed on 21/04/08 Police verification on 3/06/08

• Bh
      11th of Jul, 2008

what is the my passport status

14th of Jul, 2008

what is my passport status.

• Ni
      18th of Jul, 2008

I applied passport for my mother in Vijayawada 30days back(FIle No. A304154).But still now there is no police inquiry done .When i checked the status on internet it is saying that the file number entered is wrong or no information available.Can u please tell me whom to contact and look into this issue

Thank u very much for your time .

20th of Jul, 2008

its regarding the information that the passport office has done a mistake in the name of husband, on the first page the name is written hitesh, and on the last page the name is written mitesh the right name is mitesh now what is to be done .
    mamta

• In
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Very worst government and also the people in the government job
    They are just sick and blackship..Please remove them or shoot them

• Ve
      23rd of Jul, 2008

applied my passport jan, 2008 but not received till now.as im govt employee so i dont need for police enquiry send soon
    file no z45053508

• Di
      1st of Aug, 2008

sir, this is dileepkumar.bollu i have been applaid for the passport on the oct of 2007.my first enquiry is finished and he said that their is a mistake in the dob the problem is solved by submitting the ppforms, but till now i din't get the passport.i sumitted the full document again and they said that letter will come to you and you have to pay the fine but i din't get any letter.sir i am eagerly waiting for that because, for higher degree i wan't to go to abroad, check my problems and send me the details if not i wan't to apply for the new one, what problems will occur when i applaid for new one, and how to apply it please send me the details as quickly as possible
    thanking you,
    my file no is w23602007.
    yours faithfully
    dileepkumar.bollu

4th of Aug, 2008

hello sir infact m very thankful to that u have provided us good services .infact my daughter is in pakistan face soom problem bcoz by mistake her name is writen as nusrat in her pasort she is studing iiui by name of nuzhat that is original name of her wat should we do help us my number izzzzzzzz

my adress is
    maqbool pandit gulshan khudada E 11 islamabad margalla mor in fornt of double road .waiting 4 ur help

4th of Aug, 2008

plz do not tell to any one bcoz i m big supporter of kashmiri ppl i wanna help them frm pakistan m mujahid plz