Impact Guns / Poor Customer Service

1 Boise, ID, United States Review updated:

I purchased.ordered a hunting rifle from Impact Guns. When I went to pick it up Aron (female) helped me. It turns out the gun was damaged. She said that she could not help me it was between me and the wholesaler. This makes absolutely no sense. I have left messages at the headquarters office in Utah and they do not return phone calls. I would recommend that if you are in the market for a firearm don't go to Impact Guns. I can't imagine Cabelas telling me its a problem between me and the wholesale company. I also called ahead of time and to make sure they would take a check, when I got there they said they could not.

Comments

16th of Mar, 2009

I totally agree with Kevin. Their customer service sucks! I ordered a Blackhawk sling 6 weeks ago (2-3 week delivery time on web site) and have yet to hear back from them. I sent two e-mails inquiring about my order without a reply. If you want to cancel your order you have to do it by phone and their customer service lines are always busy or have long waits. Save your time and money and shop somewhere else, there are plenty of other options out there.

John

• Lu
      17th of Jun, 2009

IMPACT GUNS: These guys are RUDE and extremely gun DUMB
    1. If you like the fact there is ayoung man walking around the store with a bayonet on his hip this is the place for you. this character plays with the guns that are for sale, dry firing them and working the slides repeatedly on the shotguns? not a good thing junior.
    2. I purchased a rifle from them it took six months to get it. i had it picked up by another gun dealer who informed me it looks like they have been playing with your rifle. they also lost the paper work i provided to do the gun transfer resulting in the other dealer having to come in and pick up the gun. once he picked it up they called me to ask for the serial number becuase they didnt have it?
    3. Running their range they have no concept of how it should be done, they complain that people with rifles shoot out their lights, you can clearly see where someone has shot them out with a shotgun. there is big difference between the two systems.
    4. there are several other reasons but it would take to long to list these guys suck and i will never used them again.

9th of Mar, 2010

yea ive never heard anything good about IMPACT' GUNSs online service or their store for that matter. They never have what im looking for online or in store and the employees are dumb as ###. It should be named "WEEKEND WARRIORS R US." And concerning their range, it sucks. They pride themselves on knowledge and their ability to obtain popular firearms but theres a FAT CHANCE of that ever happening. Ive been to gun shops in Connecticut and New York that carry more equipment than these guys do. I never buy from these people unless im desperate. I would rather pay more and drive farther than have to deal with these posers.

• St
      10th of Feb, 2011

I also bought an Armalite M15A2 (Service Model) from them. The gun arrived at my FFL, the box looked like it had been through a war. The rifle itself was chipped with tooling marks on the reciever right above the magazine well where the lower and upper halves meet, this made the rifle have considerable receiver wobble, the butt stock had a 1/8 inch overhang and gapped on the opposite end of butt stock by that much. Called Impact and they said it was between me and the manufacturer. They are absolutely horrible.

• Ta
      18th of Jul, 2012

Last week i had called Impact Guns and asked if i could use my home defense shotgun at the shooting range, and i was told that i could as long as i used slugs. I called again this morning just to double check, and the employee asked the manager and i was told the same thing, as long as i used slugs it would be ok. later that day i came in to use the shooting range, spent money on slugs so i could teach my wife how to use the gun. when i arrived the store rep told me no. I said that the manager had said it was ok this morning. the man then became very rude and said he was the manager. i then questioned why he said i could earlier in the day but now it was not ok. the man was extremely disrespectful the entire exchange. everyone in that store should be on the same page and have the same information. And the manager should really touch up his customer service skills. i work in customer service, and i would have been fired if i ever treated a customer the way i was treated. I will not be giving my business to them again, and i will be letting my friends and family know about the poor customer service that i recieved. my parents have bought a lot of ammo and a few firearms from them, and so have some friends and other family members. i am very disappointed with that manager, if he even was the manager.

• Cu
      29th of Mar, 2017

I purchased a suppressor from Impact on sale. Recieved a receipt for my purchase and then, 2 days later they e mail me, saying they canceled my sale. They then offer a 20 dollar consolagion prize for their idiocy. I use that ti get a desert tan Hogue grip. They se d a FDE grkp instead! Now they wa t me to send it back. Lol, why would I spend 10 bucks for them to ship the wrong grip And Then pay again to ship their mistake back? those idiits are complete fools !!!