ILD TeleservicesDirectory assistance - phony charges to AT&T

My July bill had a fake calling charge for $7.47 - DIR ASST [protected] -
This is a scam, I called the number they had on my AT&T bill [protected] and the lady
took my address in a sec. to send me a refund and also to block my number from future calls.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Houston, TX
I asked her if this is spam and threatened to call FTC on them. She read a whole paragraph abt the
legality of their business.
I have requested all those documents through mail and will file a case with the FTC.

Please take a moment to report these occurances, under different names.

Thanks.

As

Comments

• Do
      Jan 29, 2010

My January AT&T bill showed a fake charge of $7.72 from ILD Teleservices, Inc. for Long Distance Directory Assistance, a call I never made. When I called the 800 number provided on my AT&T bill I was told that since I did not recognize the call they would send me a refund check for the amount. She went on to say that it was their policy, all refunds were to be in the form of a check. When I told them not to bother sending a check since I was not going to deposit or cash it, that I was simply not going to pay it, she got very ugly and told me to do whatever I wanted with the check but the charge would keep appearing on my AT&T bill.
    I will definetely report this incident to the FTC, since I realize what they want is to force people to cash or deposit their "refund checks" to get all the bank (account) information which gets stamped on the back of same.

Dolores Perna,