ILD Services / Cramming

OH, United States Review updated:
I had been receiving calls on my answering machine which requested to speak to some person who never ever had my phone number which I have had for years. They would leave an 800 number to call. I got so annoying that I thought I would call the 800 number and inform them to stop calling my phone number. Well, the the automated answer at the 800 number informed me to call 10 15 800 and when I did, I immediately knew what I had done and hung up the phone. For that brief moment I was charged by ILD Service on my phone bill. Now every time they call and the answering machine records the message, they are billing me just for the party reaching my answering machine. This seems to me to be a rip off and a big scam.

Comments

Ja
  27th of Oct, 2008

ILD Services - scam billing
Indianapolis
Indiana

I have been billed by ATT for 9.99 on behalf of ILD services who is collecting for US Credit Find. I have had no contact with either of the latter two companies and I have not authorized either to sell me anything or to bill me on behalf of anyone with whom I do business. It is impossible to find out about this or to stop it by calling AT&T. ILD services claims they will issue a refund, but they have no right to make the charge in the first place and there is no reason to believe they will cancel the charge. Meanwhile, it is not possible ot contact US Credit Find to find out who they have given my credit or billing information to. Sounds like identity theft to me.
ILD Services also warns that you may be subject to a late fee with AT&T if you do not pay because they cannot correct their errors fast enough! They will not tell you how to contact US Credit Find and they willnot help in finding out to whom your credit information is being sent.
Va
  31st of Oct, 2008
AT&T charges 18 dollars upgrade fee when replacing a broken phone, even though the contract is fulfilled and then renewed for another 2 years when agreeing to purchase the new phone. When I signed the new contract agreement on the electronic pad there is only mention of the 2 year contract extension. No mention is made of this 18 dollars when replacing a phone, and customers that were with Cingular before it became AT&T are not informed of this change in billing practice. It is in new AT&T contracts only.

This is obviously a revenue generating tool for AT&T. Finally got the phone store to remove the charge but the people at the AT&T corporate help desk were no help. Natisha (NS524N) and supervisor Rochelle were my contacts. Sounds like a good class action to me. Many people are being charged that 18 dollars without notice.

Wasted a lot of my time on hold with AT&T just to have them tell me there was nothing they could do for me. I was an AT&T employee for 15 years and have had wireless service since 1995, when AT&T originally bought Cellular One. That is the only contract I ever signed with them, and when they became Cingular they stopped honoring the lifetime contract that I originally signed. Now of course they are back to being AT&T.

The original contract was 15 dollars/month and free nights/weekends with 100 prime minutes. They discontinued the lifetime contract without ever giving the required notice, and I fought that one for many hours and much postage until I gave up.
Si
  13th of Mar, 2009

ILD Services - Unauthorized billing
ILD Services
ildservices.com

I discovered several charges on my AT & T phone bill. ($51.99) I called the 800 number for ILD Teleservices. They credited me $46.87 the next month. Now I see on my new phone bill the ILD is at it again. I called them, they say they cannot credit my phone bill but will send me a reimbursement check. AT & T tells me there is nothing they can do about these company's. I don't believe AT & T. They are part of this scam with ILD Teleservices.
At
  27th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
same exact story here but got charged 2 fees at $166 each. I dont even use either company I have a verizon phone!

ILD Corporation Logo ILD Corporation