IKEA / bad customer servive

1790 Crossmill Way
Phone: 916-568-7136
I bought book shelf at IKEA for $100. and since it was my 1st time in one of their stores I looked at many things and thought after I experienced putting the book shelf together and finding out how easy it was I would go back to the store the following day and buy a dining room set, which was a little pricy, but I liked the way it looked. I passed by the book shelf I had bought and noticed it was $30. less because it was on sale. I went to customer service and encountered a very rude & sarcastic woman who said she was the Customer Service Manager. She told me she would not refund the difference. I asked her if I brought back my receipt the following day would she then adjust the price? She became even more sarcastic & rude so I left. I went back the next day and showed her my receipt. She laughed and said that item isn't on sale today, when just the day before it was. I went and looked at the item and she had removed the sale tag. I sent all the information to IKEA Customer Service, but they didn't bother replying. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM IKEA AGAIN.

A  4th of Jul, 2009 by
I bought $2000 worth of kitchen cabinets from Ikea in College Park, MD on July 3, 2009. There were more than 80 items when I picked up and the clerk refused to go over the order with me to make sure I got everything I ordered. I took the cart outside to my truck and checked the receipt as I load them to my truck. I found one item was missing (metal rail) which worth about $3 dollars. I went inside to complain to the clerk about one missing item but she refused to help. I asked for the manager and she was combative an rude. She said that Ikea is not the home depot as prices are low so don't expect the same services. I finally got the missing piece but will never shop here again.
A  5th of Aug, 2009 by
Ikea has the worst customer service of all time. Cashiers seem never be happy at all. Also, returning an item is such a nightmare. One time, I had to wait for 45 minutes just to exchange something that was missing parts.
Ikea also abuses "save the earth" label. One time, I bought a whole bunch of households items (total of ~ $160) and they made me buy a shopping bag. It is a rip-off.
Quality of the products are also terrible. You really get what you paid for -crappy stuffs. People made a big deal about this store, but shopping at Walmart or Target are much better.
I will never go back to Ikea again.

Customer Care Service