IDCServCo / Billing for unauthorized orders

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

I am the CIO here at our marketing firm and was alarmed when I saw a package on my desk containing 4 toner cartridges for $350 a piece plus $160 for shipping. What's more alarming about this is we don't even own this type of device.

I immediately called the company on the top of the invoice - IDCSERVCO. They seem legitimate enough and explained that they were only performing the billing portion of the order and that it was distributed by West Coast Distribution. So it seems that they are only half guilty... it seems.

Going back a bit, I am the new CIO here. I see that we have paid them well over $5000 in the last year and half for goods that we never ordered, but no one here knew the wiser as there we very lax ordering policies in the IT department until I got here. According to the secretary, she tried to cancel these ordered previously and was denied an told "We HAVE to take these orders because we entered into a contract". A contract that no one can find, including IDCSERVCO.

I have been on the phone with IDCSERVECO for a good amount of the day and every time they will "get back to me". They did let me in the mean time call West Coast Distribution and the number they provided for me seemed to be someone's cell phone number. Really? I mean, even laundromats have an answering machine.

That message on the cell phone was later returned with a call from Rhonda whom completely contradicted what our secretary said and said that was not possible. However we will "get this matter cleared up tomorrow". I am actually excited to come in the office tomorrow and here this one - will keep you updated!

Comments

• Cm
      7th of Apr, 2009

Help! I am going through the same thing, what is going on with the situation now?

Thanks!

• 7t
      7th of Apr, 2009

Well, I cant get a credit for everything that the company has already purchased since I wasn't here when it happened. But my persistent phone calls prevailed and the current invoice was canceled, the unauthorized shipment was sent back to them on their dime, and I did inform them that the next time this happens that I wont be calling them first, I'll be calling the police. Unauthorized invoicing is illegal (not the exact legal term for it, but you get the gist)

Funny - I haven't heard back from them since!

Everyone raise your glasses up high - people that WORK FOR A LIVING have won one!