Hydroderm / Stolen identity/Credit card fraud

6/3/08 Out of the blue 3 unsolicited packages were delivered - 2 from Hydroderm and 1 from FRS Healthy Energy. All three charged shipping to my credit card. I called the credit card company to deny payment for these charges but I will probably have further hassles to remove these charges. Evidently this company has a long history of ripoffs/scams. This is intolerable. Internet providers should deny access to this company and any of its representatives or agents.
The Hydroderm shipments included a form re a FREE trial that ends on 7/3/2008 at which time they will bill me for $49.95 if I dont do "something". They provided an INTERNET ADDRESS & PASSWORD I could log ontgo and discontinue my "membership" or I could call an 800 number. They also stated they could not accept any packages marked RETURN TO SENDER. Or I could ask my customer service representative about rescheduling ??? whatever that is...or whoever that is.

Comments

• Sc
      13th of Jun, 2008

FRS ripped me off too! I ordered a sample pack and only paid shipping. Then about 3 weeks later, I see they charged my debit card 64.00 and that wasn't authorized!!

• Fi
      15th of Jul, 2008

My husband noticed a fraud charge on his business Card from Hydroderm. He's in the Automotive Restoration Business so no need for the product!!! When he called they basically acted like they would credit the charge and take care of it. 2 weeks later it still hasn't been cleared. He spoke to the Bank and they are finally issuing out a new card. What a hassel for a small charge. Of course business cards are much harder to correct than personal. Since he canceled the card they have ordered music through nabster. Again this product was never heard of by us until noticed on the card then it arrived at his Shop. The banks need to bring a case against these people!!!

• Lo
      19th of Jul, 2008

i ordered a sample pack has yet to recieve it and was charged to my credit card shipping and handling, never recieved the product as they said my card was no good, my card was fine as i am still looking for my products, i emailed them got no response and left messages with no response,

28th of Jul, 2008

Same issue happened to me, unsolicited products arrived at my door. I have been unable to check my old credit card that I rarely use, but I assume the charge is there (it's not on my normal card or debit card). Hydroderm is FRAUDULENT!!

• Em
      29th of Jul, 2008

I just received the Hydroderm "free trial" today and have never heard of this company. I noticed the $5.95 charge to my debit card a couple days ago and just thought it was a hold for something I actually bought recently. However, that is not the case. I just got off the phone with my bank and they also said all they could do was issue a new card taking 7-10 days. What a hassle. Then I called the customer line for Hydroderm and they told me they were "having problems with the computer system, " and told me they would call me back. I demanded he put someone on the phone that could tell me how they got my debit number and they couldn't. After they asked me for my phone number and name (which I refused giving them) I told him that this sounded like a bunch of ###. I thought to myself, what's next, are they going to ask me for my SSS#?! I then told him I would call back tomorrow when the "system was working" and hung up on him! Someone please give me advice as to how you handled this...

31st of Jul, 2008

I also received an unrequested package yesterday. It says my "credit card has been billed" (maybe it means the $8.90 freight), but then it says my trial ends on 8/24 and I "will be billed $49." So far, no charges have shown up, but...
    I am waiting for a reply from the VA Att'y Gen's office to see what my options are. The shipper's UPS code is on the package, so I may just ship it back, 'collect', with a lot of extra weight in the package, but more likely, I will just throw it in the trash. I will also contact the credit card company and ask them to refuse any charges, but they will probably want me to cancel my card, too.

• Vi
      29th of Aug, 2008

I ordered the sample of hydroderm and payed the shipping charges. That was last week this week my debit card was debited for 89.99. I did receive my sample and have never received anything else! I am mad and I am going to call them and go to my bank!! This is just not right. If I liked the product I would have ordered it again but they didn't even wait to see and I believe I am having some kinda reaction to it! I have no idea why anyone would do people this way. Vickie

• Vi
      29th of Aug, 2008

I called and asked about the charge and they explained that if i kept the product over 30 days then I had to pay full charge which was 89.99. then every 30 days i will be getting a new bottle so i canceled my order. they offered it to me at a lower price but i declined and they said okay. I hope that is the end of it but i will say they were very nice!!

• Gl
      9th of Sep, 2008

We did not order this product but received 2 pkgs. One came mail the other ups. The one that came in the mail I contacted them about and they said keep it for my trouble but I am leery of that. The other one I refused . I am contacting the Attorney General in my state because of the possibility of this being a scam.

18th of Sep, 2008

I wish I had seen this before I had fallen for this scam. Yes the internet providers need to stop this type of advertising.

• Na
      20th of Sep, 2008

www.hydroderm.com seems to have fallen off the face of the internet. I cannot get their home page and have been trying for days. i cannot find any contact info (phone number, email adress, etc) I am on an automatic delivery and charge plan and want to stop it. What do i do now?

Hydroderm - free trial turns into $84/mo membership
    Hudson
    Florida

A free trial of Hydroderm was offered via internet with only $5.95 shipping & handling charges. The trial tube comes with a letter stating welcome to the membership club where your free trail ends 10/13/08 and at that time a tube for $84.00 + shipping & handling will be charged to your credit card. A phone call to the number on the letter on 9/17/08 - the day this was received via USPS, said we're not taking calls now can you call back? I will not return this as I've paid the shipping & handling for a FREE trail - the website account member information is not available or cannot be found - I think this is a consumer fraud activity. I will not be paying anything further and if a charge appears on my credit card for anything other than $5.95 for S&H, which has already appeared, I will file a complaing with the Attorney General of Florida. This is fraud - the ad should have stated that you're signing up for an $84.00 shipment every two months. In this economy that is outrageous and it was not clear in the ad.

• Ka
      20th of Sep, 2008

I, too, purchased the sample and my account was debited for shipping. When I tried to contact them to get a RMA number as instructed to return the product it has been impossible both online and the phone. This is the first time I have done any purchasing online and I don't think I will ever do it again.I will cancel my card and send it back "collect" as someone mentioned.

• Je
      21st of Sep, 2008
    Hydroderm - Sent merchandise I didn't order
    8500 Higuera St
    Culver City
    California
    Phone: 800-840-4043
    hydroderm.com

I did not order the WAY overpriced anti-wrinkle cream they sent. I wouldn't have ordered this; I don't have wrinkles. They sent the "free trial" indicating they billed my credit card, even though I cannot find the charge but they said they will bill an additional 84.00 after 30 days and then send me more every 30 days for $100 a pop!
    They indicate that I can cancel it on their website. The website is down. Or, I can cancel via a phone call. When I was "next in line" to talk to someone, I was disconnected.

• Al
      24th of Sep, 2008

They are doing the same thing to me. I've called and called and called. They keep telling me that they are up dating the system. Then they wouldn't take my calls anymore. Plus there is no way of logging on they're site. Now I'll have to cancel my credit card so I won't be charged for a product I have tryed to cancel. I feel and know they are a scam!!!

• Fe
      24th of Sep, 2008
    Hydroderm - idenity theft
    8500 Higuera St
    Culver City
    California
    Phone: 800-840-4043
    hydroderm.com

On Sat. 9/13/08 I received an unordered/unwanted shipment from a Co. by the name of Hydroderm I opened the package to review the packing material to my suprise it stated that my credit card has been billed $38.85 and that my free trial ends on 10/10/08 and that I would be billed another $49.95 The only problem is I've never heard of this co. or their product and I sure didn't order anything from them. Even the username and login listed on the invoice is not mine. The invoice goes on to state "We can not process or refund packages marked return to sender" . I tried to access the web site and got no where. I called the customer service dept. 6 times on Mon.9/15/08 got the same 3 people telling me the same story. "Our system is being updated and we can not access any orders."
    While I'm on the phone another package is delivered to my home.I finally got transfered to a Supervisor on Thurs. 9/18/o8 who was no help at all. she had the same story "Were not able to access our system at this time therefore we can not provide you with any information., please call back later" The worst part about this I don't even know which credit card is going to be billed. What do I do to keep these charges from hitting my accounts? How do we stop these theives?

• Sh
      25th of Sep, 2008

The Hydroderm company is fraudulant! You'll never get anywhere with attempts to cancel your trial offer. They'll just continue billing your credit card for $ 89.95. This company has to be stopped!

27th of Sep, 2008

After ordering this sample product, I did some research and found that Hydrodem gives no information on WHY thier product works. Why would they not do this? So, I decided to cancel. Which brings me to why does Hydroderm give you a Return Policy that is impossible to perform? There is no such website as to the one they give you and no one answers at the customer service 800 number. They are either closed or busy. Kind of fishy, huh? So, I too, am going to get stuck with this sample over my 30 day limit and get charged for 84.00 plus S&H for a new shipment which I am sure is on it's way and is on my bill now. I think this whole deal is lousy and sleazy and I would not recommend it to anyone. I am going to call the Better Business Bureau and check them out or turn them in.

• Ro
      1st of Oct, 2008

I have been billed without approval for $54.07, for something I have never recieved

• Su
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I have just gotten into this mess with Hydroderm. I agreed to the $5.95 trial od their product and when it came their invoice said I will be billed $84.00 12 Oct. 08. What $5.95 free trial is this? I called them the day the package arrived and "their computers are down until next week Wednesday". I have called every other day for the past week and get busy signals. I have tried the internet address and I wind up here.Am I missing somethine, or am I being hornswaggled; not unlike the other commenters on this page.