Hughesnet / billing after cancellation
I cancelled my HughesNet on 1/7/10 because of the high cost for basically nothing and broadband was finally available to my rural area. They gave me 4 weeks free to make sure I was happy with broadband, and told me to call back before the four weeks was up. I called back in 2 weeks and they told me they had no account for me: not by name, not by phone number, not by address - no account. So I told them to be sure they did not reinstate my account and charge me, and the non-US person on the phone said "well there is no account". Of course, in 2 more weeks, they charged my credit card!! I called again - this time they were able to bring me right up - amazing! Then they argued with me and kept me on hold for 48 minutes!! They refused to reimburse the entire amount, refused to cancel the service until the next month, and then begged me to remain a customer - really!?!?! Finally got them to reimburse all but about $5 which is still ridiculous since they are the ones who screwed up. I filed a complaint with my credit card company, so we'll see.
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughes Network Systems - unauthorized payment
- Hughes Net Satellite Internet - damage to roof from installation
- Hughes Network Systems - internet service
- Hughes Network Systems - service
- Hughes Network Systems - hughes internet service/ lack of!