Hughesnet / false advertisement.
Hughes.Net certainly wins the black ribbon for worst ISP I've ever had the displeasure of using. Upon moving to the somewhat rural area of Darlington, I had to use satellite internet for lack of a better choice. The salesman on the phone outright lied, saying that satellite would be perfect for things such as online gaming and networking with multiple PCs.
To make matters worse, they impose the FAP (The air is thick with puns) which stands for Fair Access Policy, a polite way of saying you can only download 200mb before they throttle you down to speeds that are almost as bad if not worse than Dial-Up, and having to wait 24 hours for it to "restore." However, in the end, there's nothing you can do if you lack better options, and Hughes.Net no doubt thrives on this sort of monopoly over rural internet users.
Armstrong Cable and Verizon also provide painfully close to my home, literally a short walk up the road, this could warrant whole new complaints about these companies on how they seem to have simply abandoned the 1800 block of the street and skipped over to the next road for no apparent reason. Simply, I am in a Bermuda Triangle of Telecommunications.
Although it is partly my fault for not researching as well as I should have, the thought did not occur to me, and many others, that an ISP could impose such ludicrous limits.
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughes Network Systems - Hughes internet service/ Lack Of!
- Hughes Network Systems - Internet service
- Hughesnet - internet service
- Hughes Network Systems - satelite does not work
- Hughes Network Systems - internet services