HughesNet / billing

CA, United States Review updated:
I have called so many times about our bill, I could scream. Hughes.net is charging us $5.00 per invoice. I was told the last three times I called if I received my invoice via email no charge. Today I was told I either give some one in the Phillipines Islands my card num. and have the bill it, or I will continue paying the $5.00 extra a mth. The bills change almost every mth. I have not changed my service, Whats up with this? Its it legal to put a fee for sending a bill/invoice out? If every comp. we dealt with did this, we would have an extra few hundred on top of our bills.. LOL this is By far the Worst Company to date I have dealt with.

Comments

Mu
  23rd of Feb, 2009
I feel your pain. I have been having a problem with them as well although we are dealing with a lot more money. They charged us over $200 for one month, said they would refund it to our card and on the next pill they were charging us $151. They didn't refund as at all and even worse they charged us more the next month. We called them so many times and they keep telling us that we have been refunded even though we just called the credit card company and they told us that we have not been refunded at all. It's terrible, we called and couldn't even get a supervisor. So now the only thing we have left that we can do is fill a dispute against them and have our credit card company help us. I have never had this much trouble in my life. Once we get this squared away we are going to try and switch companies but its hard because we live out in the forest and can't get cable. Anyway I just wanted to put my rant on here and I hope that somebody else will read this and think twice before signing up with this company.
An
  30th of Mar, 2009
I have never recieved a bill or an account number. Just a call from the local person that helps with setting up the equipment. We have had it for one month and still have not recieved a bill/invoice or anything like a contract. What is that about? Anyone else had this problem?
Jo
  4th of Nov, 2009
When my husband and I lived in Georgia, we went with Direct TV and also purchased the internet through them. Later on the internet part was taken over by Hughes. We had sooo much trouble with their customer service, which at this time was still in America. They never sent bills on time, and when they did it looked as though someone had stomped on it as there was dirt all over it and the typing was sooo bad and mispelled. It didn't even resemble a normal invoice. As I balanced my check book from day to day the check for them never came through. I called them and was transferred from person to person. I asked one person who owned this company and he replied "Howard Hughes, but he is dead." I finally was at one time transferred to an so called executive customer service. She gave me her name and the next time I called they told me she had quit. This fiasco went on every month. One of my attempts, with a name and regular address, I sent a registered letter. No one signed for it and it was returned undelivered. The post office felt so bad about this, they refunded my postage. After months of no checks being cashed it was finally resolved, but when our contract ran out we went with another internet service. I see all the complaints and realize the problem is much worse now. There is no way I would ever purchase internet service with them. I even get a little angry with their advertisement on TV. I advise anyone considering them as their provider DON'T!

Hughes Network Systems Logo Hughes Network Systems