HSA Home Warrantyclaim denied

We have lived in our new home for 4 days and the sewere drain backed. I spoke with a claims adjuster that said they would inded cover the claim for $230 less the deductible of $75.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Pittsburgh, PANow i just received a call from a girl stating that they will not be covering it due to tree roots! The plumber from Roto Rooter said it could have been numerous items that caused the drain backup! Including small piece of debris from home construction! HSA is a scam shop! Just pass on the offer if youre thinking about it!!

Comments

• Ps
      Jan 15, 2010

HSA SUCKS! Dont use them...before any work being done...the plumber needs to call them and check if its approved. Else no work is done. But in my case they approved it, plumber was incompetent, could not find the issue or fix it, left without getting paid for coming to my home(inspite of asking him to wait). I finally get a letter from HSA stating the claim was "Unapproved" and to pay double my premium. Will not provide break up of the charges, considering NO WORK was done. How did the claim become unapproved in the first place...since I call HSA who then calls the plumbing company! They take the word of the plumbing company over the customer. Not to mention the attitude of the plumbing companys techs. VERY RUDE and CALLOUS!