HP India - Free Gift / Failed to recieve the gift (Student's Offer) as promised

1 India Review updated:

I had purchased a HP Pavilion notebook (model no. 5200TX) on 31st july and according to the student's offer I was supposed to register online and submit some documents at HP redemption cell Nehru Place New Delhi to claim for a free gift i.e an apple ipod according to the offer.

But I haven't received the gift yet as it has been more than 6 weeks now (it was promised to be delivered within 6 weeks). HP cheating customers.

Comments

• Ta
      26th of Dec, 2006

The complaint is relevant. I too have submitted a redemption claim for HP PSC F380 with serial no. CN67AGK2JY via courier dated 30th Oct 2006 to redemption cell in Nehru Place, N. Delhi. But till date, no USB Pen Drive is received. It seems to be a poor service by HP which claims to be a global brand, but has in fact failed to keep its promise and unable to keep pace in the market. I am would suggest my friends and company not to deal with HP since it seems to be a tout.

-Tanuj Sood
    Software Engineer
    (For Swadeshi Electronics)

• Ni
      29th of Mar, 2007

I had purchased a 1 Hp Laser jet 1022 on 29/11/2006 and according to the offer I was supposed to register online Model No. HP LaserJet 1022, Serial No. CNRJ76W036, Redemption Code NO. I9SBI7TJO and submit some documents at HP redemption cell Nehru Place New Delhi to claim for a free gift. But I haven't received the gift (Black Metallic Swiss made Irony Chromo Swatch Watch) yet as it has been more than 4 months now ( it was promised to be delivered within 6 weeks).

• Um
      11th of Sep, 2007

I have purchased a HP pavilion dv6226tx notebook in June 2007 and sent all the document along with the DD of Rs. 500 to Solutions Integrated Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd. I have received a confirmation mail from HP redemption cell that they have received all the document. But till now i haven't received the TV Tuner Card. It seems that HP is cheating his customer through the promotional offer.

• Vi
      28th of Sep, 2007

same with me.....purchased on 19th june 2007

4th of Oct, 2007

ya, i too agree that HP redemption cell is cheating the customers.I bought the TX 1003AU and was assured apple i pod.i registered the site on 11/07/07.and by this date ,also sent the required documents to Delhi.i also got the mail of acceptance of my documents,demand draft,etc.they also convinced me that my claim has been accepted and the gift has been dispatched.but till now i haven't received it.I THINK THAT HP INDIA DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE COMPANY'S REPUTATION AND IS NOT INTERESTED IN LASTING IN INDIA.

15th of Oct, 2007

I have purchased the hp pavillion laptop in July 2007 and I have registered my tx 1003 au laptop on 02/08/07. I have also sent all the required document to them at Delhi and they have accepted my document , demand draft etc. They also convinced me that I will get my registered ipod after 6 weeks of registration... but till now I have received nothing... my redemption code is MQ3CDQH470nw also they didnt talk to me... I have met other customers of hp they are also complaining of same thing... I THINK HP IS CHEATING WITH US... AND I SUGGEST MY FRIENDS NT TO DEAL WITH THEM...

• Ab
      19th of Oct, 2007

Yes even this happens to me. I bought dv66314tx on 9th of July but still i didn't get the ipod. I didn't get the insurance what they promised to be delivered in 25 days after the receiving of the full papers. My redemption code is O8K1PEGHMG . I have full papers with me about my purchase and sending. I can file a case on hp under civil penalty code of India.

• Ga
      25th of Oct, 2007

I purchased hp pavilion dv2214 in the month of may end. I applied for the scheme of tv tuner card and accordingly send required documents with a demand draft of 500rs. More than 3 months have passed and I still could not get the gift hamper. My redemption code is rz893pa#acj.

I expect a quick action regarding this complaint.

• Is
      5th of Dec, 2007

hp is cheating to his customers

6th of Dec, 2007

I totally agree with this.

I too bought a compaq presario V3000 series laptop, for which i was supposed to receive a headphone and on web cam after copleting all the formalities and the redemption code being OB374KZSTE.

After receiving all the documents and the D.D,i expected the redemtion cell to deliver the goods within 20 days as promised, but i am waiting since 110 days without any response. i have spent more money on phone scanning the documents i.e., invoice copies and the required documents which were repeatedly asked by the redemption cell because of their careless maintainance.

I am taking a severe action against the HP Redemption cell if i dont get any response by this weekend, for cheating the customers in this manner, so that there will be no trouble for the customers in future..

• Ar
      19th of Dec, 2007

I am glad to be reading this page. I was about to send my cheque for 800 to Solutions Integrated Okhla to get the free headphone.
    ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE? Now I shall phone that number and maybe visit the place. If I had seen this page, I may not have bought my lap top ( which incidentally is very good ).

Arun Prasad.

24th of Dec, 2007

I think it is not enough to complain, i am going to consumer court and then this company will have to pay me the componsation also.

I sent the compaq c702 bill copy and sticker that contained serial no. of my laptop and the required 350 rupees cheque around 70 days back to HP redemption cell at solutions-intg .my redemption code is EOFO9LC718, the webcamera and headphone have not reached me till now.

• Ra
      30th of Dec, 2007

i want to know the link to where i need to register my number n get that identity number for the gift??
    i have this hp 6516 n ws to get headphone worth 7500..ny1 tell me or mail me at naputaboy@yahoo.com.
    thank you.

• Kr
      2nd of Jan, 2008

The complaint is relevant. I too have submitted a redemption claim (DULCT1NGYM) for with serial no. CND7392T1K via courier dated 25th november 2007 to redemption cell at Okhla Industrial Area Phase -I , N. Delhi-110020. But till date, no Hauppage TV Tuner is received and no any confirmation. I was 3 times made a call on (011-41306700) call was gone hold,voice meassage or exective told i will reply the mail but still nobody can replied. It seems to be a poor service by HP which claims to be a global brand, but has in fact failed to keep its promise and unable to keep pace in the market.

3rd of Jan, 2008

I purchased HP Pavillion Tablet Notebook in March'07. As per the requirement, all documents including a DD of Rs. 500 was couriered to HP Redemption Centre. Redemption Code: PNR4LKMSYE. Gift has not yet been received.

Manish Khandelwal

• Ne
      14th of Jan, 2008

I bought a tablet pc (hp) in july 2007 and I also recieved the confirmation mail that my documents are in order and hence I'll recieve an i-pod and the laptop skin according to the student's offer but it's been nearly 20 weeks and i haven't recieved any further mails or even my i-pod.

It seems hp is cheating on the customers and extracting money out of them.

• Ji
      1st of Feb, 2008

I have purchased the hp pavillion laptop in July 2007 and I have purchased my dv2214t u laptop on 20/07/07. I have also sent all the required document to them at Delhi and they have accepted my document , demand draft etc. They also convinced me that I will get my registered gifts after 6 weeks of registration... but till now I have received only the i pod and hp skins... my redemption code is UE9HX53SZGfor the tv tuner card and for the internet data card the redemption code is 09122419FH..i have full faith on u plz provide me with the gifts which are left behind..thank u..

• Kr
      12th of Feb, 2008

I agree on this. i had to wait for more than 3 to 5 months to get the HP gifts. if you donot follow up . they will defenitely forget you.

More over with the windows Vista original they give Airtel BroadBand connection free of cost. they when you contact the airtel office. they say . they dono anything about it. i dono who is cheating whom here. Microsoft says they have tie up with Airtel . But the Airtel People are not aware of this. Worst of Worst Services by all Top brands.

• Vi
      23rd of Feb, 2008

Can someone give me the way to consumer court, the whole process
    please.

• Sh
      3rd of Mar, 2008

Hi ,

I have purchased Hp laptop ( Model : V3702AU ) on 14th jan and i have applied for the gift ( TV Tuner card ) that i was entitled to get .

I have already send a demand draft of Rs 1000 for which i was supposed to received TV tuner card within 30 days but to my surprise i have not received it till date .

kind send me the gift or else return the demand draft .

thanking you,