Hp India / Delayed services and customer cheating

India Review updated:

I had purchased a HP Pavilion notebook (model no. dv6226tx) for about 60K INR on 9th April 2007.
My complaint is regarding the customer service and Service Center. My laptop while working suddenly went down and didn't switch on after that. I submitted the laptop to the HP dealer in the month of June 2008. After for a month there inspection Dealer & Service Center told mother board needs to be replaced. But that model of Mother Board was not available in Indian supplies; so it was called to be sent from Singapore.

After one more month i have received a response from HP Service center and they are asking for whopping 20K INR for mother board replacement!!! I don't have any option now other then to agree with them for the replacement. But 20K is too huge for me to pay. Specially when i see there was fault from my side as the speculated reason for motherboard failure i receive from them is as Power Fluctuation. But at the time Laptop got down it was working over battery and not connected to electric supplies and Regarding Promised gift; I have sent all the document along with the DD of Rs. 500 to Solutions Integrated Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd. I have received a confirmation mail from HP redemption cell that they have received all the document. But till now i haven't received the TV Tuner Card. More the 2 moths a laptop under there service center and there after a bill of 20K INR and not receiving a promotional gift doesn't leave me with any good image for HP India as such.

Regards,
Rohit.
Ro

Comments

Ra
  10th of Sep, 2008
I too had purchased an HP Laptop in June 2008 and as the rest of the customers, I too have submitted all the documents and a cheque of Rs.250/- but till date I too have not received any gift which was promised at the time of the purchase.
I feel thoroughly cheated. If such reputed companies get down to such small acts, then what can a common man do?

Its a shame on HP rather than earning thru their products they are earning by cheating their customers.

Please, whoever is reading this, pls NEVER EVER buy HP goods.
Am
  23rd of Sep, 2008
I purchased a HP laptop in May 2007 and within 3 weeks it started creating troubles with speakers and battery. I went to the service centre in New Delhi, India and after fighting for 2 weeks I had to take back my laptop in a similar situation.

Again, last week, around 14 Sep 2008 my laptop's keyboard started creating problem. I went to a repair centre in No. 1, Dr. U N Brahmachari Street, Kolkata. Now even after more than I call them 3 or 4 times daily, but still after putting so much fight nothing has been done. Everytime I call I am told it will be done in 2-3 days.

HP should understand when a customer is buying a product worth Rs. 60, 000, then after sales service is of critical importance. I am totally frustated with the services of the company who claims to be one of the best in its industry. HP keen on expanding its base in India, should first learn how to take care of the existing customers.

I too strongly recommend NEVER BUY ANY HP PRODUCT. There are other numerous good companies who give value for money.
Vi
  8th of Jul, 2009
I had purchased a HP Compaq Presario SG3630IL Desktop PC in 28-Jan-2009 at the price of RS-25000. After 3 Months The DVD player of the Compaq Cannot work. I was informed Where I Purchased, He told all Hp Model are Direct Company warranty U Contact HP Customer Contact.May First week I gave full Compleate deatail about Pc. But they are not take any Step. Now I Feel WHY I PURCHASE HP PRODUCT.

Please, whoever is reading this, pls NEVER EVER buy HP goods
Ma
  1st of Dec, 2009
I had purchashed compaq Desktop SG 3630IL Desktop on 25th Feb 2009 and sent a DD as per HP Redemption cell's Terms and condition.I recieved a UPS but did not recieve the printer yet.I had tried to call the redemption cell office and emailed them on this regard but noting has been done till date.My redemption code is MJDRTTZFE.Pls help me.

amundhar69@rediffmail.com