Hotwire / cancellation reneging

1 333 Market St., Ste. 100 San Francisco, CA 94105 USA, San Francisco, CA, United States

I booked a hotel for a stay on Jan 6th through the 10th, it was a hot price deal, which I get no refund ext. However, I attempted to talk to the represenative on 28th of December, who then offered me for a Fee of $40, which again the hotwire site says it does not do, to cancel the reservation. I however, could not decide at that moment, and within 24 hours called them back and spoke to Jenny ID 713, who is the supervisor at the manila call center, then told me they could not honor the original offer of the fee, because it was only good for that call, which was not mentioned to me. This is ridiculous, because for one that agent should not have offered me the cancellation option, when it supposedly is not available for such bookings.
I am an avid user this site, but, I see the practices are immoral and in my opinion pose legal questions. From the lawsuits I have searched I see why they are sneaky. away. I will be sure to use other booking sites, and it will not be Priceline or any subsidiary of it, such as hotwire.

Fa