Hometown Buffetbeing lied to

Yesterday, 3/25/09 I had a bad experience at the hometown buffet in lancaster, ca. My husband and I had a coupon for one free dinner upon buying one. It is our daughters 20th birthday. We took her to hometown buffet for her birthday dinner, she wanted to go on the night they have orange chicken. I called the day before we went and asked what night they had orange chicken, they said on wednesday night. Then wednesday night just before we walked out the door to go, I called one more time and asked them what was on the menu. I was told orange chicken, then I said you sure orange chicken, she said yes, then we left to go there. As they bring out the dinner food, I asked, when are they bringing out the orange chicken, then I was told they don't have orange chicken on wednesday. I, my husband, and my daughter all got upset and I told the waitress what I was told. She had the manger come talk to us, and yes, I agree they have a right to change things if they want.In this case they made tuesday the night for orange chicken from now on. The manager came out and told us it was on tuesdays now. But what upset us, is that just before walking out the door I called and I was assured there would be orange chicken. That was the only reason we went to hometown buffet that night. If we were told orange chicken was on tuesdays in stead of wednesdays, then we would have waited til tuesday, then the manager had the nerve to give us a coupon that we already get in the mail, buy one regular dinner, then get one for 5.99. It totally ruined my daughter's birthday dinner. All she wanted to eat for dinner was orange chicken and I was assured there would be orange chicken. We had no money to go there, we collected enough recycables that paid for our dinner that night. So I am trying to put in a complaint because I feel they did us wrong. My husband was so upset he could not eat anymore, it made him lose his hunger. My daughter was so upset she almost cried.

An

Comments

• Wa
      Nov 09, 2009

if you had no cash to go out to eat in the first place then you might have stayed home, , , thay sell orange chicken frozen and sounds like you may get food stamps...complaining about a dinner after you decided to eat is not smart, , , im shure if you did not eat the manager at that restrant wold give youa refund, , , your husband sonds like he is unable to deal with minor issues as he was upset so he was unable to eat, , , your daughter sounds picky as you stated the ONLY THING she wanted to eat was orange chicken, , , , not gee mom and dad thanks for the effert of my party thoe i know we had no funds for it, ,

• Pi
      Jun 11, 2011

I agree with you cuz the same happened to me! but first to washerw2009...for one how can you judge someone n assume they are on foodstamps because they didnt have money to go out and for two THATS ### CUZ THE SAME HAPPENED TO ME AND I DIDNT GET ANY ###ING REFUND! You are a sad person that you judge ppl! my brother lives 3 hours away and when he comes to visit we go to old country buffet just for the orange chicken... we to called 3 times before going and was assured there would be orange chicken... but lone behold when we got there it wasnt out... we told the manager if they werent going to have orange chicken we were leaving and we wanted a refund! BEFORE WE ATE ANYTHING!!! so she assured again that it would be out... when it did come out it was old and had no peppers or onions just chicken and some sauce n tried to tell me that they made it fresh! ###! little did they kno my bf used to work there and he use to make the orange chicken and when he made it it was amazing! So not only did they lie but they warmed up some old ### and put it out half ### just to get our money!!! We will never eat there again because of the ###!!! so i completely understand where you are coming from and as for you washerw2009 shut your ###ing mouth and dont judge ppl you dont know!