Homeplay / Charged for something I didn't sign up for!

I ordered a Swivel Sweeper several months ago, and it's been the worst move I've ever made. The sweeper works fine. It's the constant barrage of telemarketers that followed. I told them all "NO". I do NOT want to sign up for your program. Unfortunately, Homeplay is an unscrupulous company that took my information, and has been taking money from my account since May, 2007. Of course there is no one on the phone for me to speak with, so I will have to contact my bank, refuse the charges, and go from there. This company bilked me out of $67.80. And will take more if I can't find a way to stop them. Watch out, people! You can't just buy something over the phone anymore. You open yourself up to the phiranas.

Comments

7th of Sep, 2007

The same thing happened to us. We don't even know what they do. The number on the CC bill was. I called and they canceled. I even got an email from them saying it was canceled. I have no idea how they got my email nor my CC #. I disputed the charges especially when they addressed the email to someone that doesn't even exist as a card holder. The number on my CC was 800-566-8640.

• Be
      17th of Sep, 2007

Opened up my checking acct to check on charges that had cleared and found this charge from homeplay. I called the number and of course it had been cancelled and email will be sent verifying I cancelled. Had I not caught this now it would have had me overdrawn. They couldn't even tell what had been ordered. I am outraged that this type of fraud can exist.
    This make its hard to want to trust any purchases online or by phone. What is this world coming to?