HomeComings Financial / Awful experience

Homecomings Financial
I too have had many problems with Homecomings Financial. The only way I got them to do the right thing (so far anyway) is to go through NACA.com. Although the process took 4 months to finally get them to contact me through the program, they finally did. At least I had the phone number of one person and worked through the process with her and she was very helpful and always returned my calls. Please try NACA, their president Bruce Marks is relentless and very very adamant about getting us help.

I too had a ARM, it was restructured and I went from a 11 percent rate back to a 6 percent interest rate. Although its for 5 years, but in 5 years I will be able to refinance a fixed rate or sell by then. My mortgage dropped from $3621 a month back to $2600 a month including taxes and insurance. Although its still about 300 more than I want to pay - it's better than paying $3600 a month. Its hard to beat these crooks but try everything before letting Homecomings take what belongs to you. Best of luck.

N  10th of Mar, 2009 by
You are not alone.. before this all started with the housing market downfall I was a victim of this company and it's practices. We had purchased our home in Aug. with an arm (I know bad idea) after 6 mos. of paying we were to re-finance with a fixed rate. After 3 mos. my husband left me with all the bills. I could barely make the payments on my own and got behind. Like others here I was told by Homecomings that if I agreed to the re-payment plan they would work with me to re-finance so I could afford my home. Wrong! I stuck with the plan, sent the payments via Western Union and absorbed the costs of their 'lawyers' but they did nothing. I got one month behind again and I again tried to work with them but went into foreclosure again.

In the mean time I had 2 cars repossessed. I then had to pay 12, 000 to bring my loan up to date. I filed bankruptcy payed the amount (borrowed) and tried again to keep my house. I called told them about the bankruptcy they said no, don't pay right now wait until the bankruptcy is done and then start paying agin. By this time my loan had gone from 1, 100 a month to 1, 800 a month. When I called to make my 1st payment again after the bankruptcy period I was informed I was in foreclosure again because I hadn't paid even though I was told by them not to!? I gave up! No one could help me at that time because the mortgage crisis hadn't hit yet. I had to leave my dream home, lost my good credit on various levels and I am renting now.

I have all the documents for this issue. I have filed with the BBB but Homecomings just said that they did everything they could and that is pretty much the end of it. From what I can tell they are still doing to others what they did to me. If anyone is starting a suit with these people I would love to join. It would be the only ray of hope I would have had out of all of this mess. To this day (4 yrs later) I still do not have the money to divorce the sob who helped me get into this position, nor can I buy a home, or a car. Homecomings says they try to work with you but they don't they live up to their word and make promises they have no intention of keeping. They are after your home and any fees they can collect. I have advised all my friends and family of their business practices and now I'm advising you. Do not work with them or let them have your loan! You will pay like the rest of us!
A  2nd of May, 2009 by
We are experiencing the same thing also, we had to file bankruptcy in order to keep our home, but the ARM is hurting us and will increase again in June, and to no avail and with the help of our bankrutcy attorneys we still can not get ANYONE to respond to us in getting a loan modification aor a fixed rate. But we will not give up and I suggest to anyone don't you either.