Home insurance / Home Insurance claim

1 TN, United States

Wish I had found this site before insuring my home with Travelers. What they do amounts to running a scam on the public!

Insured with them in 2003 and after 41 years of home ownership had to file my first claim due to hail damage to a fairly new roof. It's been months and I cannot get a roofer to do the job anywhere near the price Travelers will reimburse. They won't cover some of the areas of damage and recommend companies to me that are so poorly rated by the BBB that I refuse to deal with them. No wonder the top executives get such huge salaries. We pay high premiums thinking we are buying coverage in case there is an event and Travelers rips you off by NOT covering what you have paid the premiuns on. No one wants to ever file a claim, but it is truly disgusting that when your home is hit with damage, you get worse crap from Traveler's Insurance Company which blatanly rips you off by low balling estimates and considering 1/10 a package for roofing squares, even though you have to pay for the full square, after gouging you with taking the preiums for years! It's likely to cost me attorney fees to get the coverage I've already paid for, as I've had six quotes which exceed Traveler's adjustor's estimates, and the guy that came today won't even bother with an estimate after seeing what the claims adjustor worked up.

If you are searching for an insurance company, AVOID Travelers Insurance in case you should ever have a claim!

More Home insurance Complaints & Reviews