Hire Right / Incorrect information

Hire right was contracted to do a background check on me. I have a nice position at Sungard they would like to offer me, contingent on my background. I was told that I committed a Larceny in N. Carolina in 1993 and I did 3 years in jail in 2008 for a drug possession. Well since I did not do these things I have disputed their findings. I would think since they did employment verification's on me they would know that I could not have done 3 years in jail in NJ and work in PA at the same time. Both charges have my mothers maiden name on them ( a name I haven't used since the 4th grade). I understand mistakes happen, but when I call to ask them to remove the incident in NJ immediately because, as I stated I couldn't be working in a different state and be locked up at the same time, they tell me i have to wait until possibly 10 biz days for the dispute to run it's course.
How can't they see their own mistake? It's ridiculous that I may lose out on a great opportunity because of Hire rights incompetence and unwillingness to fix their mistakes. I really hope this place closes it's doors or fix their internal issues soon!

• Badlands Babe's Response, Apr 02, 2018

Continue...
    So, because of HireRight's ineptitude, I'm told they "lost" my UA & I have to submit another UA, fine, not really but, whatever, I have a new job to start Monday. NOW this is the part that infuriates me.
    It's because of HireRight's ineptitude, my start dates changed, costing me a wk & HireRight doesn't say it's because of them NOT ME.

Ss
Jun 13, 2013

Comments

• Th
      13th of Jun, 2013

You better move quickly. See link below and/or consult with an attorney. CRA move their behinds faster if they are contacted by an attorney. I would also talk to your potential employer and state the same facts, and that this is being resolved by CRA's and they have said it will take 2 weeks (or say more) to resolve, could you be patient?

• Ba
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Hireright - Background check & Drug screening.
    Albuquerque
    New Mexico

By filling out HireRight's detailed application, I did their job for them. Re; my drug screening, I'm given a receipt for my UA, this is the Friday before my start date for new employer, I receive an email. HireRight I'm asked to provide a number, no place on my paper apparently I was NEVER given, their ineptitude, NOT mine. Pt 2 below.