HFC / terrible business practice

This is the WORST company ever! Several years ago, I took out an $11, 000 loan with them for home improvements. When my husband lost his job nearly two years ago, I called them on that same day to make temporary arrangements for lower payments until he was working again.Their response? Sorry. This was the deal. Pay us. Now, if I have a choice of feeding my children or making a loan payment, the kids win every time. I continued this for nearly a month to no avail.
I ended up trying to put all of my credit cards and this loan into Consumer Consolidated Credit. The credit cards - done deal. The nearly $6, 000 in debt is now $800! HFC played games for four months. "We don't show that account number", "The customer name doesn't match the account" etc. All of this while on conference calls between HFC, CCC and myself. Wrong account number??!! I had been making payments to it for a year & a half!
After all this, I heard nothing for a year and a half - no matter how I tried to rectify the situation. After all, the bill IS my responsibility. In mid-January - a YEAR AND A HALF after all this nonsense "ended" I went to use my debit card for groceries and found out they had a judgment against my account. Again - no problem (other than being broke), as I owe the money, but where were they when I was trying to handle this? So I called their attorney because I WANT to pay what I owe. Their own attorney can't even get them to return a call & now my $11, 000 loan is $17, 000.

Tg

Comments

Bu
  6th of Feb, 2009

They are the worst. I have had an account for 5 years and had never missed a payment. I recently hit some hard times and worked out a payment date and amount and was told, no problem, if you keep this arrangement, all will be fine. I did, but they still reported a 30 late to the credit rating trio. Now I'm screwed! I was refinancing my house, but when the late notice posted, my rating dropped and my loan fell apart. I kept my end of the arrangement, but they do what they want. All the people at HFC blame their computer system, saying, oh we don't controll it, it automatically sends the negative at 30 days. That's info that would have been useful BEFORE I set up the payment at 31 days!! I have been trying to get this corrected for 10 days and still I wait. They will not cut people an ounce of slack. Avoid them if at all possible!!