HerbaLife / rip off

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

I made the mistake of giving my credit card number to these people and now they have charged me over $500 of my hard earned money and I have yet to receive a refund. I have returned all of their stuff to them and have filled out their refund slips but haven't received any kind of refund as of yet. It has been over 2 months since I realized that this was a scam and requested a refund. Do not give out any financial information to these people, they are crooks and they will rip you off big time if you let them. I filed a dispute with my credit card company but after a month went by they put the charge back onto my credit card, and then Herbalife had the nerve to charge my account again without my permission. My credit card company called me to let me know this so I immediately canceled my credit card so that it couldn't happen again. The nerve of those people to charge my credit card when I never gave them permission to do so just really irritates me to no end. What tipped me off was when I started reading the reports from other people that had written about them on this site and realized that I had ripped off. When I read that people were having health issues because of the Herbalife supplements that some people's livers were failing them, I became really scared and decided not to even try any of the products at all. That's when I contacted my so called sponsor and he started his [censored] response that I need to not listen to what other people were saying about Herbalife. But then I got to thinking all of these people can't be wrong? When I challenged my sponsor about he called his sponsor immediately and they both got on the phone and did a 3 way call to try and talk me out of it not getting involved with them. But I didn't listen and I'm glad that I didn't because they were really trying to brainwash me and I would have no part of it.

Va

Comments

• Ta
      6th of Sep, 2009

dude herbalife is bad ### anyone can do it even a crook so why in the world would you let have your credit card number [censored].

• Ar
      13th of Dec, 2009

The mistake was not giving your Credit Card to "Herbalife"
    The mistake begins with Greed and being Vain.
    I too had some greed in me once but after really working with this company they really make you see the true purpose of this MAGNIFICENT Company. It's a shame really that some people like to give out opinions before facts.
    You, COMPLAINERS, are a perfect example of what OPINIONS are made of, people without FACTS.
    You in particular Varnet, how can you judge a company without even trying it. Also I would like to say that ANY OF YOU who might read this that if people are dying or being affected while drinking this product means that they were to late when they sought for help. Most people really just want to walk in and say cure me in a week. This product takes times to work because it is not a drug like other dangerous products out there so you cannot overdose with the product but that doesn't mean any of you should go try to get OD (you will only waste your time and probably get beneficial results MAYBE)

anyway

lastly
    when you got to thinking and you thought all the people cant be wrong,
    who were really these people?
    people like you in who will eventually in time become another scammer?
    or those other people who took the product thinking change was going to be fast like fast food?
    to be an effective distributor you have to be disciplined like all the successful ones
    I bet you wanted to become a distributor and not be disciplined.

• Ww
      11th of Mar, 2010

About 11 PM on November 30, 1996, a Hawthorne police officer pulled Hughes over for driving on the wrong side of the road. Hughes, the police report said, was making his way from Los Angeles International Airport to the Bare Elegance strip club. The officer had him exit his Jeep Cherokee and put him through several sobriety tests, which Hughes failed.

Hughes said he had only drunk two glasses of wine. But a field breath test registered a blood-alcohol level of 0.22, almost three times the legal limit. Says Dr. Haraszti: "On the face of it, that is diagnostic of alcoholism. It is such a high level that an ordinary person would not be able to stand up, much less drive. You have to use a lot to develop that level of tolerance."

He had become a problem drinker by the early 1990s.

Reason of Death:
    The Los Angeles County coroner's office concludes he died of a toxic combination of alcohol and Doxepin, an antidepressant he was taking to help him sleep. His blood-alcohol level was measured at 0.21, more than 2 1/2 times the legal limit for driving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hughes often stated that his mother died of an accidental overdose of prescription diet pills when he was 18, which he claimed was the impetus for founding Herbalife. Her autopsy and toxicology tests suggest her death was due to an overdose of Darvon, a painkiller[1]. At the time of her death she was 5-foot-6-inches tall but weighed only 105 pounds.

Hughes's Dad confession:

Hartman adamantly denies Jo Ann had a weight problem. "This whole story is not true, " he insists. But she did have a problem. "She was addicted to pain pills, " Hartman says, singling out the popular painkillers Darvon and Percodan, which have never been prescribed for weight loss. "She used them in combination to prolong the high."

• Te
      2nd of Jul, 2010

Were you dealing directly with Herbalife in Los Angeles, or were you dealing with an independent distributor? There is an important distinction.

This issue with liver damage...remember ephedra? The old formulation from over 10 years ago did contain ephedra, but that was reformulated with another herbal compound. So that was very old information I think. Your sponsor should have done a better job at explaining it...but chances are this: They never used the products themselves! It was just about the $$$$$.

I had a person who was concerned over it once near the end of my time with them...I did sit down and talk as best I could about the risks of ephedra, because it was just now becoming known to us in the field (but all remembered those occasional people who got rapid heart beats while taking old "green"). At one point we just stopped including the old green and substituted the new green, unless the customer specifically asked for it. We just removed the green from his kit and refunded his money for that -- he was happy.