Hello Peter / False Reporting - Legal Extortion

1 180 Point Road. DurbanSouth Africa Review updated:
Phone: 031-8280889

Hello peter is not the consumer watchdog they portray, instead it is owner Peter Cheales' personal cash cow to legally extort money from companies.

We had a minor complaint against our company Earth Africa Curio when a private consumer Chris Scott from Cape Town, tried to sneak through the back door and buy on a wholesale basis. He complained that the products were poor quality - what a crock! We deal in African products www.earthafricacurio.com and all our products are handmade and so will never be perfect, they also carry minor scratches etc, which is the very nature of African Arts and Crafts and the reason people from all over the world collect these curios. When he complained we asked him to return the products for a full refund inclusive of return transport costs. We never got the products back even though he said he sent them twice, this is an issue he needs to take up with the Post Office and not blame Earth Africa Curio for bad service. Eventually after numerous phone calls from him asking if we had received the goods we decided to refund him anyway which we did as the value was small and not worth the irritation. Chris Scott sent a scathing report to Hello Peter and blatantly lied about not receiving the refund and left out more info than he put in. Hello Peter never once verified the information to be correct but went straight ahead and published it. We picked up the article on google six months later and when we tried to defend ourselves on Hello Peter we found that we had to pay extortionist admin fees (sic). We sent through an email to Hello Peter to complain about the fact that we were not provided with a suitable platform to respond to the spurious and untrue complaint against us. They in turn contacted Chris Scott who stuck to his story that he had not been refunded - WE HAVE THE BANK TRANSFER TO CHRIS SCOTT TO PROVE WE HAD REFUNDED HIM IN FULL INCLUSIVE OF TRANSPORT COSTS, even though we still have not received the so called "returned goods" more than six months later.
Hello Peter is not interested in consumer complaints or justice for the consumer, they are only there to make money, their method of business is tantamount to blackmail where they make you pay them to defend yourself even though you may be totally innocent. If Hello Peter were a reputable consumer rights campaigner as they claim to be they would check the veracity of the complaint with the supplier before they publish the complaint which ranks high on search engines and has a negative effect on the supplier, or at the very least offer the supplier the opportunity to respond for free.
I will not be held to ransom by Hello Peter and pay blood money to defend myself, instead I will spread the word through all social media platforms to inform the world of just how miserable and corrupt they are.
Since this incident I have researched Hello Peter and found a lot of other companies / people accusing them of nefarious business practices... please follow this link: http://www.earthafricacurio.com/information/hello-peter-cheales-earth-africa

Ea
Apr 29, 2013

More Hello Peter Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Be
      29th of Apr, 2013

I have spent hundreds of dollars on both the US and the UK sites, and I have gotten many of my family and friends to join as well. I also watch the offers like a hawk to time my purchases. This morning, I received an e-mail promoting $40 off with promo code 40CUSTOM.

• Be
      29th of Apr, 2013

I would however not form part of the initial transaction since I don't have the 100K shares that were required. He however thinks there will be a second transaction in that the buyer collects the smaller positions at a lower price.