Heald College / Complaint!
As of 2009, Heald College was purchased by Corinthian Colleges Inc, and they are now a for-profit institution.
The main objective with a for-profit college is to make money $$$$$ and alot of it! And all of that money is being drawn out from us, the students. Rather than using that money in improving on the quality of an education that a student recieves, in the for-profits perspective, they would rather use that money in funding the pockets of their shareholders!
The tution they charge at this school is very expensive as well!
An AAS Associate of Applied Science Degree at Heald, costs between $18, 000 to $20, 000 depending on which program you enroll in. This degree is not considered nor does it qualify as a legitimate/valid degree. The coursework units that you take towards an AAS Degree are not transferable to any Traditional Community College. This degree does not have the same Academic Level/Rigor as that of an Associates Degree at a Traditional Community College.
An AA Associate of Arts Degree at Heald, costs between $9, 000 to $10, 000 for 6 months of General Education Classses at an Accelerated Pace. This degree is considered a legitimate/valid degree and is transferable to certain CSU & UC Campuses in the State of California, and Hawaii Pacific University / University of Hawaii in Oahu.
Heald College is in the process of establishing a Bachelors Degree Program. However, in my own personal view, pursuing your Bachelors at a Traditional University is the way to go. A for-profit degree in most cases, is not widely accepted by Employers! If you were to decide to pursue your Bachelors at a for-profit institution, then decide later on to get your Masters at a Traditional University, it is highly unlikely that your units will transfer!
If you are planning on continuing your education at a for-profit institution, talk to other students who are currently attending or have graduated and get their perspective on things. Because once you walk through that door, Admission Reps will do all that they can to get you in! They have a quota to meet, and need to fufill their recruiting line needs. An Admissions Rep see's a prospective student as $$$$$$, you are profit to them!
- do not sign anything! If you are being pressured into signing a contract immediately, Leave Right Away!
- As a student you have the right to request financial aid information on the Degree Program Cost. If they choose not to disclose this information into you, they are in violation of Federal Regulations.
- Paying Point, is a very common tactic that Admissions Reps use to draw students in, for example; " do you want to be stuck working at this place your entire life? I thought the reason why you came in today was because you wanted to make a change in your life! Do you want to change your life? yes or no? "
- in addition to the Paying Point tactic, Admissions Reps are trained very well into seeing what is bothering you. Do not fall for this!
More Heald College Complaints & Reviews
- Heald College - Fraud and cheating 
- Heald College - False Information 
- Heald College - Harassesed by the staff, no job placement, threaten they would take legal action against me 
- Heald College - Lifetime Career Placement 
- Heald College - Kicked out of Heald 
- Heald College - Being A Fake College
- Heald College - Degree copy
- Heald College - They will not give me a copy of my diploma 
- Heald College - Harassment
- Heald College - HEALD COLLEGE ATTORNEYS MAKING THREATS