Harvey Normanlaptop and camera rental agreement

I "purchased" a camera and laptop from the Cannington store in WA. I had the funds ready to go but was pursuaded to go the flexirent agreement. I specifically asked if there would be a balloon gap at the end of the lease, which I was told that I could offer flexi rent $1 and they WOULD accept the offer and the goods would be ours so after the lease I would own the goods. This was not the case. I have ended up paying double! what the products are worth and now its almost at the end of my agreement and they want another $1000 so I can own the goods. I would have paid close to $8000 on something that is only worth in store $4000! which I should have paid in cash.

Not only that but the laptop was faulty and I had to organise a new one through HP. I am shocked that a business can run the way it does and not tell customers all the details. How can it be legal to pay $8000 to "loan" a product and then an extra $1000 when the products in store were only worth $4000. I have called the store in Perth and they have transferred me around the shop to only be told they would call me back. VERY DISAPPOINTING will never buy from Harvey Norman again! why have this rental agreement with flexiloan.

Sk
Jul 03, 2018

Comments

• Ha
      Jul 10, 2018

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with HN but unfortunately when it comes to electronics, cameras, laptops and computers etc this is now par for the course for this business, they make it up and spin whatever crap to suit the sale.
    Rule 1 : Believe nothing HN they tell you, always take at least 40% off the quoted price and if they recommend something - you probably don't need it!
    Rule 2: Always refer to Rule 1.