Harrison Law Firm / Harrasment call claims my arrest

1 Bensenville, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8476300592

I got the same type of call from [protected] from a man calling himself dev hayer with the harrison law firm claiming i had taken a loan from cash net usa and then not paid it back. He claimed i had until tomorrow morning (He called me on 3 - 6 - 14) to get a lawyer or to talk to him and try and resolve it out of court. He told me that if i didn't cooperate, a no bail warrant would e issued for me. I asked for the address of this law firm and all i got from him was philadelphia, pa. The thing that really scared me was he had my social security number and my bank account number. I did a reverse phone look up on the number he called me from and it came back to ymax communications. I was prepared to just ignore him and then i get a phone call from [protected] from another gentlemen (Again with a very heavy indian / eastern accent) claimiing he was steve allen the cheif of the florence police department (Which is the city i live in) . He wanted to know where i was so they could come and arrest me for this fraudulant loan. I also did a reverse phone look up on that number and it came back as a landline for the florence police department! How can they do that? I am going to call the florence police and report all this. I called my bank (Where i just opened the checking account about 5 weeks ago) and there have been no deposits other than my income tax refund check, which i knew about. I went and took all my money out and let the bank know what was going on. I will post more once i talk to the police. This is unbelievable. I guess it is my own fault for being stupid enough to put my info out there, thinking it was a safe reliable web site. I wish i could catch who is behind this!
J

Ml
May 29, 2013
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Li
      7th of Aug, 2014

I also have been getting these calls I get between 20-50 a day and they now are emailing me and calling my work number. Something needs to be done and done fast. I don't know how they got my work number but it is very upsetting here are some of the numbers they call from most say I applied for a loan which I have not but now they are threatening me and telling me I hope God helps you. 202-552-1084, 847-380-6741, 406-559-2491, 314-222-2833, 949-800-7013 these are just a few. I get them from all over the country and they are all middle eastern descent people. I have had enough and I don"t know what to do about it. I have even filed a complaint with my states attorney general.

27th of Jun, 2014

I get email from to call 512-800-6585 and has a copy of the warrent for my arrest if I dint call them for federal fraud on Internet ??? Im not calling them guess they dint have my phone number I just going to spam it. Anyone else with this number ???

• Rg
      29th of Apr, 2014

I keep receiving calls saying they had a arrest warrant for me if I didn't call back in 30 minutes the number is 312-428-6248, reverse number look up is YMAX in chicago I had received a call from someone about a month ago saying speedycash had accidentally given me a loan and wanted the money back if i didn't give him my credit card number he would have me arrested the next day, I called speedy cash and they say this is a new scam going around and forwarded me to the fraud dept. They in turn called this David person this is crazy how people can be so cruel, hopefully they can be stopped

29th of Apr, 2014

The IRS can be vicious and scary, but this is NOT how they work. You do not get arrested for an audit! You get a notification, and an opportunity to dispute their ruling. What you received is a scam. Do not pay anyone any money! Contact the local office of the FBI and relate what you have been told. Then, get a good night's sleep. Even if the scammers are halfway around the world, we can reach out and ZAP! "touch" them.

29th of Apr, 2014

I got a call from 202-241-4905 saying they were from Criminal Investigative Division of the IRS and I was audited for the last 10 years and now there is a warrant out for my arrest. They gave me a warrant # and a case ID# and told me that I was informed 6 months ago and then 2 months ago and they have proof they I received correspondence from them, etc.
    This is outrageous and I wish I could do something to stop them

• Ne
      16th of Apr, 2014

They call my job pretending to be another company from 972.559.8334

6th of Mar, 2014

Good job, mlray! You did all the right things. "Encourage" the police to follow up on this. There must be many other victims out there.

23rd of Sep, 2013

They called my mum (who is elderly) and said "this is the third attempt to contact you so we can serve you... call us ASAP or loose all of your legal rights" Then gave the phone number. No name of who they are or who they are asking for.

29th of May, 2013

This sounds like one of the new scams going around. They try to scare you into giving them your credit card info, then rip you off. Refer this info to your police department; they'll follow up and also notify others in your area about this scam.