Hargrave And Associates / Credit Repair Scam

1 Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:

Hargrave and Associates might be out of business but BFS Credit Services is not. This company is still operated by Kevin Hargrave or better yet...his wife.

Check out the following links.

The office is right down the street from the old office. Is this a scam or what. Hope this helps

Mi

Comments

• Va
      12th of Nov, 2008

I signed up with Hargrave and Associates in June of this year and was suppose to stay in the program for 6 months for the amt of 250.00. At the end of my 6 months I was to have my negative info removed off my credit and they were going to send me my credit scores showing the outcome. I have been trying to contact this company now for the past month. At first it would just hang up on me and now, the number is no longer in service. I thought that the company was legal seeing that they sent me a contract and everything which I made copies of which they have broken! I am at least wanting them to refund me half of my money back. My credit is still the same and none of what they said happened.

4th of Mar, 2018

@Valerie I was not entirely sure how this works but I heard Spy Stealth is good at helping people with their credit scores in all honesty I could slowly work on my score myself, but the eviction I had on my account was seriously hurting me. I was living with a room mate who's brother will be moving in by May which means I had to move. I didn’t want to live in hotels anymore I just wanted to be able to get my own place...As I speak, Spy Stealth got rid of all negative listings and eviction on my credit at a reasonable price. Thanks to him, I can’t imagine what my life would have been If I had not met him. And for those interested in his services, his email address is spystealth . org @ gmail . com.

• Li
      12th of Nov, 2008

I am a pervious employee of Hargrave and Associates. When I was hired I had no idea that this company was scamming citizens out of there money. They were closed down for scamming and they reopened under BFS credit solutions. For everyone who was scammed out of your money you can now contact them @1-904-768-1211 and website is www.bfscredit.com to inquire about you refunds. I am quite sure them will act like they have no knowledge of Hargrave and associates, but there website tells it all, just look and the themes and color schemes. They even scammed their employees. When they closed we did not get paid.

• Cr
      12th of Nov, 2008

I singed a contract with Hargrave & Associates in May 2008 and was advised per the contract my negative credit items would be removed as well as other assistance would be provided which none of what my contract guranteed happened. I tried to contact the company numerous times only to find out they no longer exsisted until today that is. I received an email from what is now called BFS Credit Solutions (which is Hargrave & Associates) advertising credit restoration as well as a Master Card. When I contacted them about my account they advised me "they took over some of Hargrave & Associates files and would waive the sign up fee with a monthly payment of $50 per month they would repair my credit still" when I confronted the representative about my money that I paid to Hargrave & Associates and being ripped off, they then acted as if they didn't know who Hargrave & Associates was. I'm very upset about this and in the process of getting a lawyer. If anyone has any recommendations please respond. Thanks

I WANT TO SUE!

12th of Nov, 2008

If there is one thing I want most! it would most certainly be to sue every state!!! that have company's that are not registered with The BBB ( BETTER BUSINESS BUREA).or Charities.

• Ne
      12th of Nov, 2008

I signed up for the credit repair services too, and I haven't heard a word from them>> Really Upset an confused now!

• Ka
      14th of Nov, 2008

I recently just sign up with Hargrave and ###. on Oct.17. I am very agree that some will rip-off some that already has a credit problem are for that case any one at all. I am really upset and confused wonder want to do and how do I get my money back.

• Ca
      14th of Nov, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I did receive some results but they were minimal. Can anything be done about this?

• La
      14th of Nov, 2008

I have experienced the same problems with BFS aka Hargrave and assc..These people are the ### of the earth. I do not know if we will be able to recover any funds since these people are going to do everything that they can to avoid paying (ie. changeing phone #'s, addresses and websites). However what I have done (and reccommend that you guys do the same) is file a report with the Florida Attorney Generals office. There's a button on his web site for cyber fraud. You can file a complaint. Make sure that you mention BFS credit solutions aka Hargrave and associates. If enough people complain we may get some action. The ### individuals who perpertrated this crime are counting on us to give up since $300.00 is not enough to take legal action over. Lets feel the atty gen web site with our complaints before other people in unfortunate circumstances fall victim to these maggots.We may be able to form a group and seek legal representation for a class action law suit. [email protected]

• Na
      17th of Nov, 2008

I'M GOING TO SUE YOU ###!!!

• Ke
      18th of Nov, 2008

I agree with all comments being made by everyone. We are all victims of HARGRAVE AND ASSOCIATES. I tried calling them to find out the status of my report and like everyone stated the number is no longer in service. Now I feel asif $280.oo is gone down the ###ing drain. Natalie I feel you all the way! NOw all of our information has been transfered somewhere else. Since when did they change the name to BULL ###ING ### CREDIT SOLUTIONS.

18th of Nov, 2008

So I refer a G/Friend after signing up, and we find out that they have gone out of business with my $250 along with her $280. I went to the Florida Att. General site and reported my complaint. Also went to the new BFS site to see what's going on, the number is always busy (888-808-9328), but they are soliciting a secured credit card.. So then I click on the webmaster and see what info I can find, all of their advertisement is CHURCH related????? So I emailed the webmaster asking why is he working for a company that is continually taking money from people? I think we shoud bombard everyone we can affiliated with BFS and Hargrave & Associates with emails, because I have a feeling thy are all ONE of THE SAME. I'm lost for words and just as pissed as everyone else. I didn't know it was so easy to scam people with a business and open up another site with the same format, it's so unbelievable. We have to to something...

• Al
      19th of Nov, 2008

Oh my god! I had no idea all of this was going on until I looked at this website. I enrolled in the credit repair services in August 2008. Whenever I would contact Hargrave and Associates for an update on the status of my progress, the representative would always inform me that they couldn't release any info until the program is complete (which for me would have been February 2009). I didn't know whether or not I was suppose to be regularly contacted by someone or what. They just told me whenever I receive info from the credit bureaus to just make copies of it and send them the originals. So, that's what I've been doing. That was about over a month ago since I last spoke with someone. It was not until about 20 minutes ago that I tried to pull up the website and it said unavailable and I ran into this website. When I just read about the number being disconnected (which I recognized that someone just posted recently about 6 days ago), I tried to give Hargrave and Associates a call, and what do u know, the number was busy busy busy! I feel raped now. I know my husband can't wait to hear this one so that he can laugh in my face because he already told me this would be some ### that's not going to work. I never listen though. This IS the biggest ### I've ever spent my money on in my life. NEVER AGAIN!!!

19th of Nov, 2008

Well after reading the previous comments, I actually called the number that was posted 904-768-1211 and what do you know they claimed to have no clue about Hargrave and Associates. WOW! And when I asked them about the other company the rep said it with so much confidence that "we are not Hargrave and Associates and we did not use to be them" another WOW! So then I went to the web site " www.bfscredit.com and what do you know the web site is exactly the same as the counter part that is no longer in business. another WOW! But one thing I can say is they got a few things off of my credit report, but i signed up with them in February. But the way this went down is just unbelievable!!! For those that was burned by them I hope you get through this.

19th of Nov, 2008

I also noticed that they were too dumb to change the address because bfscredit address is the same as hargrave and associates supposedly old address was.

• Na
      19th of Nov, 2008

I got scammed by them too Here is Kevin Hargrave number 1-904-412-6180, 1-904, 374, 3761 Stephanie Baxter also is an associate of them Rob Sherman Shelly Banks Paul dont remember his last name Latrese hargrave I did receive the credit card but they made it out as I owe them 500.00 thats not a credit card I call New Horizons and they said that Hargrave & Associates did it like that so you will have to pay the dept off to use the card.

• Ty
      19th of Nov, 2008

IM SO ###EN FUSTRATED WITH THEM. I JOINED JULY OF 2008 AND I HAVE YET TO SEE ANYTHING. IM GONNA SUE. AND THAT ### MIA HALL CLAIMS TO BE A GODLY WOMAN. THAT TRIFLING HOE. IMA CALL AND CURSE THAT ### OUT IF SHE WITH BFS CREDIT!

19th of Nov, 2008

So after taking the afternoon off and calling everyone in Florida under the sun for answers no avail. I contacted the Att. Generals Office, BBB, Jacksonville Sheriff's Dept, I filed a complaint and suggest everyone do the same. I just called the number listed for Kevin Hargarve and he answered, I wouldn't give him my ss# number so he said he couldn't help me with any info. But if I was a customer of H&A . THIS GUY IS AN ###, HE STATING HE'S TRYING TO GET PEOPLE REFUNDS BUT HE'S TALING TOO MUCH ###. WE NEED TO BOMBARD HIS NUMBER, HE'S RIDICULOUS. THAT'S HIS REAL NUMBER CALL HIM UNTIL YOU GET AN ANSWER...

19th of Nov, 2008

Did some more investigating and found this link...very disturbing.

• Vo
      20th of Nov, 2008

Call the FTC and complain:

These are the individuals resposible for shutting them down. Mention that they are now operating under a new name: BFS Credit Services. www.bfscredit.com - New Name Same Old Scam

Jessica Grey - 404-656-1350