Gulf Coast Readers / Complete Scam?

1 Columbia, TN, United States Review updated:

Well I was just resently hit by this one. I recived a phone call just the way the ex-employee described. Well when I recived the first bill it was 59.80. Way more then what I could afford to pay so I called. Well I was again fooled by a worker and he said he would take some of the magizines off the list to make it cheaper. I moved about a week after that but I just recived another letter saying that they were going to bill my account again for 59.80. I have not recieved one magazine I just recently got the internet and decided to look up GCR instead of calling to change my address and see why it was still 59.80. I was really shocked when all I saw was complaints on this company! The numbers that I have ssen on here are nothing like the one on my bill. MIne is [protected] and the guys name on it is Edward Epps. This place does not even have a web page it takes you to a site that is probably full of more scams. Well I guess I will never see any of the magazines that I am going to pay for now I guess. If anyone ever figures out the answer please let me know because after this many people that has been trapped just think of all the one's that dont even know. Like me until about an hour ago. I guess as long as you change you account number what else can they do to get the money? Nothing right? They cant prove that we have recieved them or not they aren't signed for or anything they are just passing them out to where ever they think we are billing our accounts. How are you sopposed to trust these people if they never answer a phone?

As

Comments

• Li
      8th of May, 2009

I Have also been scammed by this comany! PLEASE GO TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND FILE A COMPLAINT!!! It takes maybe 15-20 minutes and anyone can do it! They said they will submit the claim to the company in 2 days. WE CANNOT LET ONE MORE PERSON GET RICH OFF OF HONEST HARD WORKING AMERCANS MONEY!!! We have to do whatever we can to shut them down. I know they already had several complaints. When trying to cancel my subscription the woman told me I couldn't speak with her manager because she was the manager then she hung up on me! what ligitimate business does that??? I also went to my state attorney general's website and the FTC website. DO NOT JUST LET THEM HAVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY! go to https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx. It is well worth the short amount of time it takes to file this complaint!

• Sh
      21st of Jul, 2009

I feel that I was victimized by Gulf Coast Readers because I received a phone call for a refund that this company owed me at 1-800-679-4046 and spoke with a person by the first name of "Eric". He said that I owed him money on mazagines that I ordered. I told him I only deal with a magazine company out of Montana that I originally signed an agreement with. But I do not want Gulf Coast Readers magazines. Then he played a recording and said that I made a payment from my bank account and still owed money for magazines. Eric stipulated that if I didn't make any more payments that he would turn me over to a Third Party Collection Agency. I told him that I did not make that recording and that I do not want his magazines. But he refused to listen and commenced to verbally threatening me.

I live in Washington state and don't feel that these type of harassing and scamming companies should be allowed to operate such deceiving businesses in any state.

I will refuse to my nickname as 'DOT'. I completely agree with Lindsey. WE DO WORK HARD FOR OUR MONEY AND THESE SCAMMING BUSINESSES NEED TO BE STOPPED.

• Pl
      26th of Feb, 2010

its not that gcr scams people they supply a ligitamate service. if you dont want to buy something then dont. if your not willing to pay for something that you order and agreed to you just expect a company to be out of money because U didnt listen to the facts they state to you

• Er