Gulf Coast Readers / Total Scam

1 Cape Coral, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 239-540-0707

I called to cancel my order and was informed that I would have to wait until I received my initial paperwork and fill out the written cancellation request. So that's what I did. The account is cancelled, but I'm out $59.80 that they refuse to refund because the cancellation notice was received after my initial payment date--even though I called in and tried to cancel BEFORE my initial payment date. The manager I spoke with, Eric, informed me that I had a right to cancel by phone or by mail. When I explained my situation, he repeated this and followed by hanging up on me. DO NOT FALL FOR ANYTHING GULF COAST READERS TRIES TO TELL YOU.

Comments

• Co
      13th of Jun, 2009

i worked for gulf coast readers and they were the worst possible job set ups.
    i was treated like ###. and we do scam people out of there money.
    look if any one calls and says congradulations uve been entered into our 2009 or so all cash sweepstakes hang up imediatly dont even try to get on the do not call list because they will never leave you alone!! ever.
    my name is cory brown and i have nothing to hide on this company
    u can personally call me and ask 815 389 1004
    to hell with gcr and kevin swoliak the writer of the sale pitches.
    the magazines we sold will kill your credit card with bills trust me i know

• Qu
      23rd of Oct, 2009

I am a current victim of this company. They are not willing to assist in making their mistake correct but my bank (US Bank) has heard of them before and where willing to refund my money. Had to report it as fraud which it was and got my money back. This entire situation was very frustrating and I really hope that this company goes down burning. We are in a recession and it makes me want to take a trip to 1327 Lafayette St Ste A Cape Coral, FL 33904 and act a fool on whoever is sitting in there office and making all these crazy transactions on people. Please make a complaint to the BBB and hopefully we can get them shut down. I was not going out for a lose of $59 dollars. Damn that is too much money. Hell that is 4 hours at work and i be darn if I am just giving them my hard earned money. This has to stop.

• Ka
      16th of Feb, 2010

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS UPSET. I AM A DAMN COLLEGE STUDENT TRYING TO MAKE ENDS MEET AND THEY CALLED ME AND SAID, "YOU HAVE WON A $500 WALMART GIFT CARD BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO ABIDE BY THE FEES OF THIS MAGAZINE. WELL IM NOT STUPID. PAYING MORE FOR A MAGAZINE THAN MY PRIZE MONEY. HELL NO! I CALLED AND CANCELLED AND SENT THE NOTIFICATION IN WAY BEFORE TIME AND THEY STILL STOLE MY MONEY. IT WAS ALL THE MONEY I HAD LEFT IN MY ACCOUNT. WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO FOR FOOD THIS MONTH. THATS ALL THE MONEY I HAD FOR FOOD. I HATE GULF COAST READERS AND I HOPE NO ONE WILL FALL FOR THEIR DIRTY CONNIVING TRICKS.

• Jc
      1st of Feb, 2011

I was called by this Gulf Club reader place and i was talk to by Eric and was ask if i was satisfied with there buisness and i was confuse for multipl, e reasons beacause first of all what the hell i never had abything to do with them prior to this call and also when i told them that i never had receive anything from them they proceeded by saying " oh really were soory, i think your one of the cities where were having postal issues" i told them i city and they supposely looked it up and said "oh yeah ur city is in the list " i was like what a dam coisedence thats were everything started feeling like a scam .Then through the call the other things that were strange was that they had my account number even though i had never given it to them ...The told me i was gonna have 10 day to cancel from the day i receive the written report and the list of magazines to choose from, i never got the list and the wriiten report i had no number to call too i looked for the web site they didnt have one i googled and found tons of scams and they manage to find a # i called they hang up 3 times then when they finally answer the guy who did was SO RUDE N IGNORANT they didnt allow to cancel now they keep calling and everytime they do its unknow caller or private and they leave rude voice mails and threatning also they charge me 70 dollars so I CANCEL THAT ACCOUNT IN MY BANK..so dont fall for this its horrible they are RUDE and not willing to help and resolve anything ...We have to do anything we can to bring them down...Go too BBB.com

• Lg
      5th of May, 2011

I use to work there too they r a total scam, I quit cause I couldn't lie to people anymore, I only worked there a week, and it was a sucky job with crap for pay unless u scan enough people to buy their scam everyday... They need to be shut down