Gulf Careers / recruitment - scam

Shamshiri Estate, Lakdikapul, Red Hills, Hyderabad, India, United Arab Emirates Review updated:

I am from australia and was looking for work in dubai. I started looking for career portals and then gulfcareers.in came through. I applied for a job through their portal and I started receiving calls from a girl named zareen from gulfcareers.in and started stating that the companies are looking into my profile and I should have an interview in the next couple of weeks but in order for them to see my profile I must pay around $48usd and they will highlight my profile and get me an interview. They will keep chasing you until you make the payment and once you have made the payment then they are gone. You would get one or two response stating that they are speaking to employers and trying to get me an interview etc. This a load of garbage. They are scam artists and just need your money. As soon as they get your money they are no where to be seen.

People please be aware, should you get a call once you have registered in a job portal and they start saying:

1. That the employer is looking at your profile; or

2. The employer will pay you a high salary + accomm + travel + medical even before you have told them who your are and what you do; or

3. You hear a fake accent; or

4. They promise to get you an interview in a couple of days or a week.

Please note that this is a scam. I have been stung by 2 to 3 agencies:

1. Gulfcareers.in
2. Naukrifastforward
3. Dubaijobs.net (almost got trapped into that one)

Please note non of these people can even hold a conversation properly, so the chances of them getting you a job is out of the question. When you get desperate you just think of paying some extra money to make your life easy (like me), but just donate it rather than give it to these scamsters.

When I sit back and think about it there were a lot of alarm bells going on but I chose to ignore them all as the money they asked was not significant.

Now my response to them is get me an interview first and then I will make the payment. As soon as I say that you can see them not agreeing to the deal and say they have to do a lot of work in the background. Absolute nonsense.

P.S. I know they scamsters are going to write positive reviews about themselves here. Please don't buy it.

Please do not fall for their gimmick and all the best in your job search.

Va
Jul 26, 2018

Comments

• Ce
      Aug 15, 2018

Thank you for your info, much appreciated as i am currently facing the similar situation. The girl name Zareen with email address zareen.[protected]@gulfcareers.in ask me to remit $99 based on the link given by them to enroll before process the resume. She also mentioned on potentially company require for manpower on correspondent mail.

• Za
      Aug 16, 2018

@cencaroo l HAHA I got approached too by Sayda.[protected]@gulfcareer.in But I spotted her B.S fast.

• Ph
      Aug 20, 2018

Sorry to heat this. I had a similar call but decided to not go through with it. Did you try to get a refund via paypal?

Aug 31, 2018

I got a call a from Rehan with NO CALLER ID and email domain is @gulfcareers.in, I am in Australia, saying that send me your resume.

Any idea, how genuine is it?

• Dm
      Sep 03, 2018

Yup, complete scam. as soon as they asked for money red flags. I got contacted by a lady with the email address [protected]@gulfcareers.in it defo not genuine Jazz, mere fact you're on here asking whether its genuine is indication enough to trust your gut.

• Bi
      Sep 05, 2018

has anyone who paid heard anything back?

Sep 06, 2018

sorry to inform you that we are not the scammers who take money and run away.

The companies who take money will not provide the refund option but we do provide it.

• Vr
      Sep 07, 2018

So I get a call today from a guy who pretends to be from Dubai Police (clearly had an Indian accent). So he got caught out completely when I asked him to have a conversation with me in Arabic. He speak to someone in the background and then hangs up. LOL (If you get a call from Sheikh Ahmed (apparently Cop from Deira Police Station), Mohammed, Zareen Khan, Sayda Khan or any other names, please do not even entertain).

Also, if they threaten you, just hang up the phone and DON't STRESS as NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOU! Also, download the recorder app on your phone and record their conversation, you could use this to lock them out of the name and google for good.

Meanwhile, I will be escalating this issue as I have recorded that call and will provide it to my mates who are cops in Dubai (as I am born and raised in UAE, which clearly Sheikh Ahmed :) didn't know). My mate mentioned they would be able to put out an official statement in the UAE and name these websites in there and get them blocked.

Please note that: Yes, they have stated their refund policy but in order to process that refund policy they have to answer your emails or calls. No such things exists.

DO NOT PAY THEM ANYTHING, THEY CAN'T FIND YOU ANY JOB.

THEY PAY THEIR BILLS BY SCAMMING PEOPLE, BE AWARE!

• Th
      Sep 25, 2018

Keith brown from gulfcareers.in

Approached me today called me and sold me the wages accomadation etc and i had an inteview lined up... paypal payment was also mentioned... but when i asked him to send me an email in writing... his email was so poor and the fact he had no signature was what gave it away...

• La
      Oct 02, 2018

Totally agree... this company is a complete scam run by a bunch of low-life, scum of the earth individuals who do not have the intelligence to string together a competent sentence. Avoid gulfcareers.in like the plague, they are only trying to con you out of your money as they do not have any connections to businesses in the Middle East and cannot get a job/interview for anyone. A so-called recruiter called "Mohammad" is not a Muslim at all, he is just another low-life individual from India portraying himself to be something that he is not... another con-artist trying to take your money. They claim that they offer a refund, but they do not refund your money and are just another company from India with criminals trying to take advantage of qualified people looking for work abroad

• Nb
      Oct 03, 2018

Thanks for this post! I just had a call from someone claiming to be keith brown from gulfcareers.in who asked so many question regarding my previous job and salary! The minute he told me I have to pay $49 processing fee I started googling. I told him to email whatever he told me and I will reply (as if). He also asked for my paypal account. I'm taking off my CV from naukrigulf. It's just too risky.

• Kt
      Oct 10, 2018

Do their emails look like this ?haha

• Ne
      Oct 22, 2018

Just received a call this morning from this very company, an agent by the name of Imran Khan but unfortunately not the cricket legend!
    Offering an amazing opportunity in Dubai with all of the benefits mentioned by other people above...price has now gone up though $149 they wanted to process my documents to the employers.
    Don’t fall for it people, as well all know...legit agents will not charge the candidates, they make enough from their placements.

• Ga
      Oct 30, 2018

I had a email today from them

• Ir
      Nov 02, 2018

Hello,

Myself Irfan hussain one of the MANAGER of "Gulf careers recruitment firm".

The customer who has complaint regarding our organisation has been contacting the complaint board to remove the complaint as we have provided him the refund as he willing to withdraw his application from our end.

As we do have a policy that if any candidate who is not getting any service or we got failed to provide him the service we will be refunding him the whole amount which he/her has paid to adopt the service.

we too also contacted complaint board regarding the issue which has been resolved but we are not getting responses from them .

we do have proof of the attachments where the candidate has been emailed us that the issue has been resolved and the proof of complaint board where they are not responding to us.

Please don't believe in rumors.

If you have any queries regarding this you can directly contact us on our email
    [protected]@gulfcareers.in

Thanks & Regards.

Irfan Hussain !! Manager.

Gulf careers.

• Ir
      Nov 02, 2018

Hello Everyone,

Myself Irfan Hussain, A Manager of Gulf careers recruitment firm .
    we are getting mails from last three months that we have not received any complaint on the complaint Board but still we are facing an issue with reviews that has been posted and the issue has also been resolved but still the candidates are unable to remove those complaints.

The candidate has contacted them but he is not getting any from there side so we are posting these messages for our customers that don't believe on the above as we are genuine in the process.

Please find the proof of mails that we are getting from complaint board everymonth.

Thanks & Regards.
    Irfan Hussain !!Manager.
    Gulf careers !!
    Email Id:- [protected]@gmail.com

• Ua
      Feb 10, 2019

@Irfan Hussain 12 Hello Mr. Irfan Hussain

I am trying to convince myself on the authenticity of your involvement with Gulf Career. Surely, your work email address can't be a Gmail account. Being a Manager of the company, just like the other scammers, your email id should also be from the same domain.

Just to let you know, I have emailed to [protected]@gulfcareers.in and copied your all other female scammers, asking for refund and had no response till date.

Please let me know, if you have any explanation to this.

• Vi
      Feb 02, 2019

Hi there,

I have got scammed by this Imran Khan from Gulf Careers. in.

Asking me to do payment for $129.
    Unfortunately I paid it for my husband's job opportunity.
    End of the day, no phone calls or reply from this guy..

Its totally scam...
    Please don't pay anything till you got a job and secured as well.

• Ua
      Feb 10, 2019

Hello all

Its good to see that I am not alone. I am based in Australia and was looking for work in Dubai. I also received calls from Zareen Khan with a weird accent( pronouncing Australia as Hostralia) .

Asked for the copies of my certifications and of course the enrollment fee. I was foolish enough to provide everything and now chasing my money back. I emailed them 3 time already. No response so far.

These scumbags from Hyderabad obviously will never be caught but would like to warn as many people as possible.

• Sh
      May 22, 2019

These fellas are a real scam. I got a call in January from the same Imran Khan so convincing and I paid USD 48 and until today no response from them since January. Until I paid they kept calling and emailing me. After payment all of a sudden no reply of emails. PLEASE BE AWARE. GULF PLACEMENT SERVICES IS A TOTAL SCAM.