Guaranty Bank / FEES and Customer (So called) Service

1 Deerfield, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 414-362-4000

I was recently charged "overdraft fees" on my account with Guaranty Bank. When sending in an email to customer service to request the fees to be removed, I simply recieve a canned response that this not possible. So I call into the customer service department after TWO rounds of being hung up on after over a 20 minute hold each time, I speak to Lakesha (not sure if that is spelled correctly).She was extremely rude, cutting me off as I spoke.What kind of customer service center do they run? I also called back to speak to a manager, spoke to a representative, young man with the same attitude and response He would not let me finish a sentance, its like they have the same response for every customer that calls.He proceeded to tell me there was nobody else there I could speak to. Being persistant, I FINALLY got a manager, who then ACTUALLY let me ask my question and explain my reasoning as to why I was requesting my HARD earned money back. But of course the same response, they are not able to refund me. No one there could explain to my why at my local branch I was told I could "contact corporate for a reversal"(as this was the only place who had the ability)and why they were telling me this was merely IMPOSSIBLE.And then to be told to ask for Leah's manager Shane who was not even in the office.WHAT A WASTE of TIME AND HARD EARNED MONEY!!My personal opinion is that they need to screen for better help, people who sound more educated and considerate! I have never seen a company who has no reguard for a consumers financial stability as this!

Ri

Comments

• Ti
      26th of Dec, 2009

If you hadn't actually overdrawn your account, you would have said so. So, why on earth SHOULD they reverse the fees? Don't spend money you don't have.

• Vi
      27th of Jun, 2011

Guaranty Bank: Branch manager Tanika Reed and teller Erica Perkins in the Forest Park are rude and very disrespectful. When customers walk away from the counter they speak about them in such a horrible manner and they call so many stupid and laugh at them I even heard the Branch manager yell at the tellers when she was the one to leave the place nasty and she was late for work, coming in at noon when she was suppose to be there at 9am. Somebody really needs to do something about their actions.

• Ia
      7th of Jul, 2011

I had numerous situation with this bank unethically holding money in my account and then charging over draft fees. Guaranty bank also charges for any non-Guaranty Bank checking with drawl and to check your balance. Most of the staff are flat out rude and the reviews I've read from previous employees is that they have unethical policies that do not protect their customers OR employees. I closed my account at this bank and will continue to bank with Westbury Bank whom I've been with for 15 years. I trust my money in this bank and haven't had the same issues with this bank as I have had with Guaranty Bank.
    My guess is that your account may have not actually been "over drawn"...example: I have $1200 in my account. I drop off a $90 check-balance is $1290. I write a check for $1250 that same day. The $1250 check clears but then there is a $35 over draft charge becuase they said they held the $90 check? But they never told me the check was held? This is how the scam works. They also hold payroll checks for 24+ hours. I feel bad for the working class that continue to bank with this institution. They are money hungry.

• Pl
      2nd of Nov, 2011

My husband & I have been members of Guaranty Bank for 5 years. Yesterday we wen to the Bolinbrook, IL branch to deposit a check issued by the Illinois State Lottery Winnings. We previously deposit the same type of checks from winnings in 2009 (4) and 1 less than a month ago on September 28, 2011. He was told by the teller they have to verify the check by calling teh bank that issued the check or they can't deposit the check. this was the 1st time this has ever happen. I thought you could deposit a check, wait for it to be cleared by the issuing bank, then withdraw money if needed. They told us no because the lady teller told him she never knew anyone that won the lottery & they were issued a check the same day. I told her she need to go to the State of Illinois building on the 7th flr. and stand sit there for 10 minutes & watch people file their claim & receive a check. I called customer service while in the branch & they aknowledge we have direct deposit income to the account every 2 weeks, confirmed all the other lottery checks we deposit, and our good standing with the bank. She call the manager, and he told us he will hold the check for an undetermined amount of days until they can contact the other bank. He estimated the time at 15-20 days. The other teller told us they refuse to cash the check because we do most of our banking in the city at the other branch. The city branch confirmed who we were, talk to my husband & manager on the phone & the manager told him he didn't believe it was him after showing him his driver's license, credit card, debit card & verifying his identity with customer service. We left and went to PNC Bank wher I also bank at & they let him deposit the check into my account & it was cleared by PNC this morning. We will definitely stop bank with Guaranty Bank after this. They are rude, very unprofessional, & thought they could talk to me any kind of way. But they had a rude awakening, I cut them an a--hole from one end to the other. I will not be disrespected by anyone. "You don't have to like me, but you must respect me". Everyone please find another bank to put your money in. I DID.

• Ki
      10th of Jul, 2013
    Guaranty Bank - deceiving customers to keep them from closing the account
    Guaranty Bank
    Country Club Hills
    Illinois
    guarantybanking.com

I couldn't even begin where to start with the horrible nightmare customer service received from this bank. Since opening the account as of Feb of 2013 I have not been able to get a single straight answer regarding any of the issues with the customer services reps! I opened the account with a bank deal of three direct deposits and so many card transactions in return of the bank depositing $75 to my account after I fulfilled my end of the bargain. Which I by far have done, I have spoken with reps about 20 times about this deposit over the past 3 months. Every time they told me the deposit was coming. Now I after all these months and misguided information they tell me they are not required to fulfill their end of the bargain. Due to some technicality from months ago. My question is "Where do your bankers go to school????????" In three months time I have spoken to at least 15 of your "so called bankers" all which agreed the deposit would be coming and that I had fulfilled my end of the deal! Now suddenly months later I get a banker that claims they know what their talking about and I am not entitled to my promotional deal! This bank is a joke. They either are still incorrect or several people there don't deserve their job! Not to mention the sneaky way they hold on to three dollar checks and wait to resubmit it twice when the account is low! Or all the other misguided information regarding re-ordering debit cards. Tellers at the bank saying cards couldn't be ordered over the customer service line, when customer service line says they can. And don't even get me started on when the bank tellers told me to never call the lost or stolen number on the official bank web site!!! This is by far the worst bank experience I have ever had!!! I wouldn't recommend this bank ever to anyone!!! Now I'm contacting the Better Business Bureaus and filing a complaint! As a consumer and a customer I feel violated...I believe they all knew the whole time this was an issue and LIED to just have me keep my account open!!!

• Gu
      30th of Oct, 2013
    Guaranty Bank - money taken out of childs savings
    guaranty bank
    Phone: i-800-235-4636

I went to bank to check on my 10yrs son savings account. I found money has was taken from( child, s saving account). Reason; I was told.( Return of mail). During discussion with bank I have found they were sending letters to an address where son and I never resided. I was told a change of address notice was not forwarded to bank. Response; why would that be done when myself/son never lived at address letter was sent to? I heard of my being custodial parent son pays taxes on account etc. The fact of the matter is the bank screwed up and stole a child, s money from account and can only replace $5.00. I have never received a letter from establishment to my residence of 5yrs. THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES Thank You, Timothy Vann St.Paul mn.