Gta Hotels / Not given room I paid for

1 NY, United States

“If you decide to use this firm please be very careful when you complete the last part of their booking form (where you give additional information). Recently I made a booking with GTA Hotels for a 1 bedroom apartment in Reykjavik. I requested that the apartment had twin beds. However, when I arrived in Reykjavik it turned out that GTA Hotels had made a reservation for a twin bedded room. Luckily the hotel was able to supply me with a studio apartment. When I originally made the booking the 1 bedroom apartment was obviously more expensive than the studio apartment which I ended up staying in. Initially the firm said that I had booked a twin room and this was shown on my reservation slip. I did not book a twin room as I had only ever wanted to stay in an apartment! The reservation stated that I had booked into Fron Apartments. After much negotiation the firm did offer a 20 euro credit note but I requested this as a refund. GTA Hotels ARE REFUSING TO REFUND THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE between what I booked and paid for, the 1 bedroom apartment, and what I stayed in, the studio apartment. So again, I warn people who choose to use this firm (and I certainly will not be doing so again), to be vigilant when providing them with additional information. Alternatively, use a firm who is ABTA registered BECAUSE GTA HOTELS ARE NOT ABTA REGISTERED, (I wonder why not?).