GreenTree Servicing LLC. / Subprime lending fraud

1 San Antonio Minnesota offices, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-800-2684//8211265

Do not believe the written contracts GreenTree produces for the consumer home buyer they are full of ambiguous clauses to trap the consumer all they want to do is steal your money. GreenTree will lie to arbitrators and the court system to destroy a consumers dream of home ownership. GreenTree is a 31 billion dollar industry and will
kickout a family by use of unethical means, and apply every harrassing tactic possible.

Comments

• Mo
      2nd of May, 2009

This is a true statement. A class action suit needs to be started against Green Tree for their illegal business practices.

• El
      24th of May, 2009

I tried to work out every possible solution I could with Green Tree they refuse to do anything except raise payments, and then I had the home sold twice but the banks refused to lend because they said they can never get the Titles from Green Tree. Finally I had no choice but to let them take the house. I would Love to see them Legally taken care of.

• Su
      29th of May, 2009

If there is a class action lawsuit please contact me, my name is Susan my email is whimsicalsusan@aol.com GreenTree, LLC has destroyed my family's American Dream and we were forced to sell our home because they are predatory lenders. Our mortgage was sold to them and we did not have a choice in the matter, but they have caused an extreme amount of stress and mental anguish to me, my husband and our son. Our lives are forever changed because of these greedy money-hungry bast**ds.

• Ef
      7th of Sep, 2009

Please, I need everyones help to do this. I am getting ready go full force against greentree if we all pull together I think anything is possible. Its going to take time.

First, I need your stories sent to me.

cnefisher@yahoo.com

Dont forget to give me away to contact you and keep in touch.

• Cl
      23rd of Sep, 2009

I as well am looking for someone to file a class action lawsuit against Green Tree for the same reason as being a predatory lender and discuss my account with other family members without permission. Over charging on my loan, charging me twice in some instants.

So if we can get an class lawsuit going, lets do this.

c_ggee@yahoo.com

• Gi
      28th of Sep, 2009

Can you imagine having your home taken away for being 15 days past due. This company represents PURE EVIL! I thank God that I have GreenTree out of my life.

• Gg
      29th of Sep, 2009

Green Tree Servicing bought the mortgage from Irwin Union Bank (2nd mortgage on my home). Like others, Irwin chased 2 sets of buyers away by not proceeding with a short sale (that would of recovered 90+ percent of their money- I would bring the rest from my retirement) Now they have the balls to try and garnish my pay (I'm fighting it now with an attorney) My attorney has found so many procedural errors that they have made on the Writ of Garnishment, we intend to counter-sue Green Tree LLC and their assigned attorneys (as well as a 10 year discipline from the Florida Bar to the attorney that tried to commit fraud.) If anyone is going through this, note: it is illegal for a Servicing company to take any legal action against you since they do not hold the original note and mortgage deed, they are not the counterparties that you made your original agreement with and therefore have no legal standing to sue you (this was upheld in a recent Kansas Supreme court decision) Anyway, I'm suing these jerks for trying to ruin my life. I believe the best that can be done will be to recoup my legal costs, and maybe get the Bar Association of my state to censure the attorney involved. Good luck to all you guys that are fighting these guys.

• El
      29th of Sep, 2009

Somehow we must get a class action suit against this company, all they wish to do is Financially ruin good people, even after trying to sell my home the banks would not lend because they said they can never get the Titles from Greetree, so even that was a no go, I finally had no choice but to let them repossess the home, after they just kept raising payments and insurance rates even making me pay for flood insuarnce when I did not live in a flood area. This Company is a SCAM.

• As
      7th of Oct, 2009

I really hate to say it but I think that if your not passed due that maybe there wouldnt be this much of an issue. There is ways around losing your home but you have to be willing to work at it. Need to remember that if you get pass due on any loan past 30 days then it is harder for any lender to work with you.

• Le
      28th of Oct, 2009

I'd like to say that I'm not passed due, nor am I a client of Greentree. However, I've recieved harrassing phone calls at all hours of the day for the past year and a half. They leave long messages I have to suffer through and each time I call them back they claim to be shocked that they have the wrong number. And by "they" I mean "she" b/c it's been the same woman to call me each time. Incidentally we have the same conversation each time. I've been told several times my number would be put on the blocked call list, but that has yet to bear fruit. A "supervisor" even put me on it.

I try not to be rude b/c I understand these people probably don't have the best conversations, but I have little patience for the continued incompetence. I consulted a lawyer and was advised to file a harrassment charge with the police.

• Up
      30th of Oct, 2009

My loan agreement from 12/2001 is with CIT. Years later I received a letter stating Green Tree Servicing would be servicing the loan. My agreement states "No change in this agreement will be binding it is isn't in writing and signed by you and me (meaning me and CIT)." So to this date Green Tree stands in violation of my loan, because they failed to abided by the terms of the loan.

The agreement also allows me to make full or partial prepayments without penalty, which I did. Less than eight years later, I am ready to pay off the loan. However, I noticed that out of every extra principal payment, Green Tree took out an extra life/death payment on a policy I picked up 8/1/2005. When I asked about the over payments of insurance, I was told by Jennifer, Green Tree Customer Service, that the insurance company, Assurant, would rebate the money to me. I wanted to know why they would even take double payments in the same month. Jennifer stated well the policy calls for a premium to be deducted from every payment. I said no, "the policy calls for a monthly premium to be collected on or before the due date." I called Assurant to ask about my rebate and Rudy told me that there were no extra payments made. I said how can that be, I have statements showing the deductions and I am prepaid on my loan through the end of January 2010. So at minimum, there should be four extra payments. Rudy said no the payment schedule shows some monthly payments and at other times it shows that the premium was not paid and then Green Tree played catch up on the payments. I asked for a copy of the payment schedule; Rudy said he could not because Green Tree was the policy holder. Really, the loan agreement states "no ownership interest in this contract or security interest in the commodity may be created other than through possession of the original, and if applicable, a mortgage or deed of trust." So let's see I am paying for insurance, but no one has to show me the payments. Green Tree can not give an explanation as to what happened to the money they deducted but did not apply. Sounds like insurance fraud to me. They sold the policy and at the time I named my husband as the beneficiary. He is not mentioned on the policy, and Assurant represented that he is in their computer system as a 10% beneficiary with the remainder going to Green Tree Servicing. Assurant stated Green Tree Servicing can request the payment schedule and forward it to me. Amber and Christy Anderson flatly refuse to request the payment schedule from Assurant and send it to me. I guess they are running scared from insurance fraud.

Either way, I requested that Green Tree go back and post the extra insurance premiums to the principal on the days they received them and recalculated the interest on the note forward beginning on August 1, 2005. This request was made 10/15/2009 for which I had a payoff of $28, 220 good until 10/25/2009 and a monthly statement reflecting a payment due of $21.34. I also requested that the new calculations be sent to my attention. On August 26, 2009, I did not hear or receive anything, so I called again. The recording stated I owed $450 and that the loan payoff was $28, 130. Well these amounts are total incredulous. How could I owe $450 when the note states the payment can't be greater than $413 and the payoff only drop by $90. So I called again. Christy claims that my note was reallocated as I requested. I told her I did not request it be reallocated, I asked that it be recalculated going back to 8/1/2005. It is impossible for the amount due to go up when they had misapplied principal payments. To mitigate my damages, I short paid the loan and will argue the difference once Green Tree supplies the proper accounting, because at this point Green Tree has not supplied me with the proper pay off amount supported by a declining balance. Customer Service representatives just try to frustrate their customers in order to keep the interest clock clicking. In fact, when I asked Christy Anderson for the corporate address and phone number, she claimed she was it - that the call would just come back to her (I bet Keith Anderson would be surprised to hear Christy is the new CEO - you cannot blatantly lie about your position or the Corporate address, especially when legal action for service processing is a possibility). I probably should not have said anything, because then I could win by default. Ha! Ha! I finally got Keith Anderson, CEO, name out of her (wonder if they are related), however, she may have provided a fraudulent address for him of 1400 Turbine Dr, Rapid City, SD 57703. I googled Green Tree Servicing and found a different Corporate phone and address than Customer Service provided. I called and asked for Keith Anderson and was told he was not in. I tried to verify that Keith's address is 345 Saint Peter Street, St. Paul, MN 55102, Phone (651) 293-3400, Fax (611) 293-3622 and the lady who answered the phone said, "I don't know." Unbelievable! She then transferred me to customer service. I hung up and called back. This time she transferred me to the legal department where I left a message. Hopefully some one in that department has a functioning brain and will call me back.

Finally, today (10/30/2009) I received what looks like an Excel spreadsheet with no declining balance. So I called again and requested Devon send me the payments with a declining balance. She too wanted to argue over my request of reallocation. Well guess what my loan agreement does not call for reallocation, which according to the terms would have to be in writing. But the loan does allow for full or partial prepayments. And I reiterated that I requested a recalculation and I don't care what they put in their computer, because it is all lies.

Then I called CIT and guess what they are no longer in business. So to me it looks like Green Tree does not act in good faith, does not do proper accounting of payments, violates the terms of the note, fails to properly disclose, engages in what appears to be insurance fraud and has probably the worst customer service department I have every encounter. Yes, I would have to agree, customer service is filled with nothing but incompetent people, who just attempt to frustrate the customer's effort in the most deceptive manner that I have ever run across. However, this is one customer that is not going to back down.

Nor are these the only problems I have had with this company. When I would not buy their homeowners insurance (exact same policy I had only more expensive), each year they try to take out a policy on me even though I have one. So last year I started months in advance to have the policy endorsement sent. My homeowner insurance company verified that they mailed the policy three times. Each time Green Tree claimed they did not get it and last year took out a policy for me. I fought it vigorously and they finally reversed the amount. I would not call these actions a mistake. I called them at minimum an attempt to harass and annoy their customers, but it is more akin to deceptive trade.

If I had not decided to pay off my loan early, I would never had been the wiser that they were ripping off my insurance payments. Green Tree can drag their feet all they want in correcting this problem, because as far as I am concerned the interest clock stopped clicking on October 15, 2009, and this matter will not be settled until I receive a full accounting with a declining balance so that they do not get more than one penny due on the note. So Green Tree consider yourself on notice.

Loan 36003333

Any attorney considering a class action can reach me at decnet@hotmail.com I look forward to hearing from you.

• Cl
      14th of Nov, 2009

I've been praying about this predatory lender: Greentree better known as (Conseco), for 10 yrs thank you Jesus that we will have the victory in this matter, because too many of us can attest to the same situations. I'm online right now trying to make a payment with my prepaid visa card and can't because i'm trying to pay half according to my arrangements that i made w/ them it won't let me, it's all or nothing they're so use to making me do a quick collect w/ western union until i believe they must own that too, they close their website down on Sun. open it back up on Mon. morning. they ripped me off w/ fee's galore & added 2years to my pay off date as well, told me i don't qualify for the Obama plan, i'm ready to sue them Now!! Montgomery, Al.

Email: cowens0994@knology.net

• La
      9th of Dec, 2009

I agree with all of you and if there is a class action suit filed against Greentree count me in. I have been dealing with them for 9 years and was getting ready to sell my Mobile Home, 3 months ago I called to get the payoff amount and it was quoted to me to be about $6, 000.00 give or take a 100.00 or so. I called today and was told my payoff was $12000.00 and change. I almost fell out, so I figured it out and it seems that my Interest and Principle have been applied the exact same way since day one of my loan. In 9 years I have barely touched the principle which the total loan was for $18, 000.00 and change. This is highway robbery. there is no way that I could have this loan ever paid off at this rate and it was only a 15 year loan. At the end of 15 years I would be paying over 50, 000.00 for a 1987 Mobile Home. I knew at the begginning I would be paying more than $18, 000.00 due to the interest but over $30, 000.00 in interest is just plain stupid. laurielykins@ymail.com

• Me
      15th of Dec, 2009

Wow. I am currently going through a short sale and Green Tree is the second mortgage holder on my loan. My loan was sold to them like many others listed here. I have had a solid offer on my home since April 2009 and still fighting with the banks to get it done. GreenTree refusing to accept the portion the first mortgage is allotting them and will risk losing the deal entirely over about $2900.00. They would not work with me to modify or anything else when I began struggling due to job loss and an auto accident. Now I sit here 8 months later with an offer on the table that they refuse to accept. Plus, they want to come after me for the deficiency knowing that I am unable to pay them. I opted for a short sale in hopes of avoiding that and getting the banks as much as I could. I never expected to be in this situation. They are the worst to deal with. My first mortgage is through Bank of America and they aren't much better but at least willing to negotiate a little. They received the almighty bailout money and are supposed to be equipped to help people in this situation but they also drag their feet and lose paperwork time and time again. Glad those CEO's got their bonus checks this year!! I'm sure they'll enjoy my home much more than I do. What a joke!

Good luck to all of you in similar situations with these awful banks.

• He
      30th of Dec, 2009

I HAVE READ SO MANY GREENTREE HORROR STORIES AND I HAVE ONE OF MY OWN. I AM SURE, THERE IS NOT ONE GREENTREE CUSTOMER WHO WOULD NOT AGREE WITH US ALL...THE QUESTION IS, WHO CAN HELP US? ONCE WE CAN ANSWER THAT QUESTION WE SHOULD COLLECTIVELY MARCH ON THEIR ESTABLISHMENTS AND DEMAND TO BE HEARD!!! THE MEDIA CAN POINT US IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. AGAIN WE SHOULD RALLY TOGETHER AND PUBLICLY ASK PRESIDENT OBAMA VIA THE MEDIA, IF THIS WAS HIS INTENTIONS AND IF HE IS AWARE OF THIS UN -AMERICAN TREATMENT...( HENNDOGG2K@AOL.COM) LETS TALK ABOUT DOING THIS, (ANYONE) IT HAS TO START SOMEWHERE... WHY NOT WITH YOU AND I ???

• Ro
      22nd of Jan, 2010

I would love to get a class action suit going against Green Tree. I buy and sell manufactured homes. I deal mostly with Repo's so I have dealt with Green Tree in
    trying to buy one of there homes. It turns out the Regional director for Oregon is some
    how related to a dealer. Every time any dealer puts a offer in, it will not be accepted unless
    you work for the specific dealer. I was told do not put in any offers or bids for manufactured homes in or around Portland, Salem or Eugene because you won't get the bid. The Dealer related to Green Tree always wins the bid. They had me drive several
    miles to put a bid in so the other dealer would bid. Of course his bid was higher because he
    was told what the bid was. Totally bull crap. I have been dealing with this crooked lending company way to long. I"m ready to file a law suit. This is so illegal.
    e-mail me please rouse@99west.com Lynn Rouse Rouse HOmes.

• Aw
      3rd of Feb, 2010

If anyone is doing a class action, please email me. I want in. Thanks! awal2069@yahoo.com

• Ld
      11th of Mar, 2010

Add me! I've a story much like the rest of these. I have positive proof of the actions on my credit report. First Greentree sold our property for $5000 and left us with a loan default for $40, 815 (High Balance) 2006. Yet the amount owed was listed as $44, 962! I paid of about $3000 and low and behold in 2008 the Balanced owed had been raised to $46, 734!. All this with the account listed as "Debt Charged Off!" I have the same harassment, cursing, lying experiences as many others. ladyrosaleah@gmail.com

15th of Mar, 2010

I'm one of those trusting people who also found out I was being ripped off entirely by accident. I have an 8.25 percent second mortgage that was transferred to greentree by bank of america. Recently, the bills have begun to look a little screwy, so i went backwards and started to notice unexplained charges and, shocker of all shockers, that my additional payments of 125.00 a month were NOT being applied to my principle, but instead to the next month's payment. ok... then by that logic, i should be paid up to june of 2011 since i've been overpaying the account for THREE years now. but... no. that's not the case. I talked with a supervisor and she told me that they hold the money until the next payment, then apply it retroactively to the previous month and backdate the principle. huh???? excuse me???? that makes NO SENSE at all! Ok then... my principle should be lower then by about 1800.00... but no, that's not the case. It's about where it should be had I been making regular payments without additional principle. I have now contacted greentree about the discrepancy and hope to have a response soon. In the meanwhile, add me to the list of people who wish to participate in a class action suit against greentree... janet@webworQs.com

• Ro
      16th of Mar, 2010

I am currently disputing a "corporate advance balance" of 13.4k after my HELOC was purchased from GMAC. I sent a QWR on 2/16 and still have not received any itemized account or suitable explanation of these additional charges, so they have 30 days to respond or are in violtion of RESPA. Calling customer service is useless as I continually given questionable answers or outright lies, such as the balance was transfered from the previous holder (GMAC), yet I have a statement from GMAC clearly showing the transfered principal balance and no other charges.

The original loan was secured in June '06 35k fixed 8.4% 15 year balloon with no prepayment penalty. Every payment has been made on time and in most cases additional funds were applied to the principal. The loan was paid in full on 2/12/2010 and after calling to verify the payoff amount was shocked to hear a balance of 13.4k!

I have notified the Attorney General's offices in IL, MN, and WI, filed complaints with the FTC, Fed, FBI, BBB, as well as numerous media outlets over this matter.

Do not waste time with this company and notify every applicable regulatory agency immediately! If you even suspect fraud or abuse notify a professional early and get the ball rolling. Start with your local HUD official and file complaints with your Attorney General's office.