Green Tree Servicing / Treatment by employee

United States Review updated:

This complaint is about an employee by the name of Chris Poorten x 36140. He claims to be a manager in the recovery department of Green Tree Servicing. Today, 4/18/12, I called at approximately 3:48pm to ask questions regarding my accounts that are under investigation for fraud. After being transferred a few times, I ended up speaking with Chris Poorten. Apparently he could hear frustration in my voice because he immediately reacted by telling me that I do sound upset and he is going to be VERY careful with the choice of words he uses with me. After conversing with him about the accounts., he placed me on hold to research any scanned documents that were on file. On file, Green Tree should have 9 documents that I faxed in two times, once on February 22 and the same exact documents faxed again on March 6, 2012. When Chris Poorten returned on the line, he advised me that there seemed to be only 2 documents on file. I said this, "You have got to be kidding me? I can't believe this. You have got to be kidding me?" Chris Poorten told me that I need to stop and treat him with respect because he is trying to help me and he is treating me with respect. I told him that there was no reason for him to tell me that because I was not upset at him, just at the situation in general. I told him if he was going to take my reaction about the situation personally, then he should get another manager on the line who can handle this because obviously as a manager himself, he was already not handling this very well. My reactions were about the company and the situation in general and were not directed at him. After I asked him to please get someone else who can deal with this better, he immediately became extremely irate and belligerent. He yelled so loud at me into the phone, I had to remove my ear piece from my ear. I was in complete and utter shock at the way he was screaming at the top of his lungs at me. I of course became extremely upset and began trying to talk over him. I demanded another manager on the phone, but he absolutely refused. As he continued to scream belligerently, I put the phone on speaker so my boyfriend could hear. Chris Poorten continued screaming at me. My boyfriend was appalled at the way this man was screaming at me. The conversation ended with Chris Poorten telling me he is going to disconnect the call even after he finally heard me request another manager. He actually ended the call and obviously ignored my request. I was trying my best to hold back my tears, but, I just couldn't anymore. I cried as I dialed the Green Tree servicing number again. When the first representative answered, he heard how extremely upset I was and immediately transferred me to a manager by the name of Chris Davis x69311. Chris Davis listened to my complaint as I cried about the way I was just treated by a manager in the recovery department. Chris Davis confirmed that yes, Chris Poorten was an employee in his department, but, was uncertain if he was a manager. He seemed very concerned about my complaint and promised this would be investigated. I did ask Chris Davis if the calls were recorded, but, he only said that they can be and they can't be. But, he was definitely going to investigate this situation and report it so they can see if the call was recorded. I tried to contact upper management such as the CEO or President, but, that is nearly impossible. I ended up contacting the Human Resources department. It was a voice messaging system. I left a message with some details about the situation and left my name and phone number for a call back. I can't go back in time, but, I really do wish I would have recorded that conversation on my phone. I really do hope the company investigates this situation, finds that the call was recorded and terminates the employee immediately. it was the most horrible experience of my entire life.

Comments

• Ed
      13th of Jun, 2012

I must say you sound like a whiner who didn't want to pay their mortgage and didn't like the fact that someone informed you that you must pay your debt. Like so many Americans who think complaining about someone who is working to make sure loans are paid back and has to deal with crybabies who think life should give them something and when they decide the loan is too much after the fact they push the blame somewhere else. I hope that employee is notified by their boss and given a "that a boy" for letting a wantabee freeloader the way things are handled in America. PAY WHAT YOU OWE AND SHUT UP.

• Li
      19th of Jun, 2012

The above comment about chris poorten is accurate. He is a bully and extrememly ignorant. Various investigations have proven that Greentree does support this kind of behaviour because noone has taken action. Chris poorten is a liar and a thief. He will falsify conversations and documents to cover himself. As will other members of management. Whats funny is that sooner or later this will come out and the players involved will have nothing to hide behind. The people at Greentree are untrained uneducated liars. The consistanly break the laws and could easily be sued and lose in court. They have alot of areas of state and federal laws, including labor laws they are breaking every day.

To the person that commented... you sound like a manager at greentree and would not be surprised if it was chris poorten himself. Its the cowardly thing that they do there.