Great Expressions / Dental

1 Monticello, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 845-794-0706

After being in so much pain I was forced to overcome my overwhelming fear of the dentist, I went to Great Expressions in Monticello, NY, shaking and crying the entire drive, and also the entire visit. It turned out I needed and extraction, a root canal, and a filling replaced, and I also had an abcess, all on the right side. After being charged for an 'emergency visit' I was told I would have to wait 8 days to even have the extraction done. When I expressed concern about this because of the amount of pain I was in, I was told not to worry, that the dentist would call me something in for the pain. When I picked up my prescriptions, I saw that the pain killer was 800 mg of Motrin. I called the office back and explained that I had already been taking 800 mg of Advil, and was still in a lot of pain. I was told that the "Dr." didn't call me in anything stronger, because I told him that the hospital had already given me percoset. ???? I said, "He's thinking of another patient. I have not been to the hospital, I do not have percoset, and it not only hurts to eat and drink, but just my breath going over my teeth is excrutiating. I was told, "Sorry, but the doctor is not going to call you in anything else." I am currently on my 4th sleepless night in a row because of the pain, and I am simply shocked and outraged by the callousness of Dr. Collin Reid. My notion of dentists being nothing but sadists has been CONFIRMED.

Re
Apr 13, 2013
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• St
      20th of Sep, 2016

I have been to their location in Monticello several times. Every time I am in there I have witnessed men like myself being forced to wait over half an hour, sometimes an hour for care. The last time I went there proved it is not a place anyone should seek care from. My feelings have been confirmed by at least three other male individuals who have been subjected to the same treatment. Men are immediately handed forms to fill out (despite being their numerous times and filling out the same thing). Women are told "Hi dear, how are you?" and they sit for about ten minutes before being taken. The women who work there, including receptionists, nurses, managers and hygienists are intolerably rude and condescending. Also, they laughed at my fiancee the moment she walked in. Are they racists too (she's not quintessentially white)? Perhaps they are. Now, to my last experience. I received a cleaning and was told the doctor will be in shortly. Over half an hour I sat there wondering when anyone will even notify me of any changes. The nurses walk in and out checking the computers, in complete silence. Then I get told that since he's "backed up" (I wonder how backed up since everytime I hear him laughing and cavorting with the coworkers??) and it's better if I come back. Nonsense. I'm disabled and missed my medication dosage and had to take it much later than usual (my body doesn't react to it well and I cannot drive on it). Everytime I'm treated like dirt at that place. People need to go to another group and seek care elsewhere. Their cancellation policy is slavery as well. They schedule an appointment within 48 hours but lo and behold you can't cancel it because then you owe them a fee. The dentist, Dr. Uppal will not appeal to the insurance company for my fiancee's dental work despite it being painful, and having a screw out in the open from a previous dentist. I imagine it's more profitable for this location to charge the patient out of pocket for substandard work. I do know this, once her work is completed she is finding another dentist. In short, don't go there.

9th of Dec, 2013

This "Great" place that calls them self Great Expresstion is a joke, there is nothing great about this place! All they care about is the money not the patients.Somethimes I feel as if I'm in a department store...they always try to sell you something. Some offices are old and dirty. They need to invest some money into the NY offices.