Grand Miramar

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 by

Legacy Centurion

2.9
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
I just thought I would add to this board after our recent experience.My husband and I bought at Grand Miramar in March of 2013. From start to finish the whole thing was bad! We were promised all these wonderful things and Got nothing. We paid 22, 000USD for nothing! We felt scammed! This past April 2015 we were invited to Guadalajara to "FIX" everything. We were very hesitant to go after everything that has happened. We did go and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. After reading on the reviews that this too would turn out to be a scam! In fact just so anyone who may be affected by this is aware. Went to Guadalajara, they paid for the whole trip. We had a meeting and we told them everything that had gone wrong. They did help us and we have received our original investment back. We no longer own there but we feel they have made restitution for all that we have been through.
Complaint comments Comments (43)    Updated: Complaint country Mexico Complaint category Hotels

Comments

N  17th of Oct, 2016 by    0 Votes
It would be interesting to see IF you truly got your money back by now.
If you did or did not, how much other money did you pay?.
Please report back. Others are saying that they were again being scammed
into paying all sorts of "Taxes".
Thanks
N  7th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
@azjmangione They tried to get the taxes out of me. 16% IVA and 28.5% SAT. I knew it was a scam right then. I had a buy back agreement signed. It is now expired and my account is frozen. They never planned on honoring it.
@Steph63 Exact same thing here. Please contact me at slmorgan0923@yahoo.com
N  31st of Oct, 2016 by    0 Votes
Do you (azjmangione) suspect that the original message by Reviewer96948 is fake? I do.
N  7th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Calidris I sure do.
N  5th of Dec, 2016 by    0 Votes
Yes, I think the same thing. I too went to Guadalajara to fix things, and was promised my investment back by May. They keep wanting to pay another tax to get my money back. Anyone get their money back?
N  12th of Dec, 2016 by    -1 Votes
@doc73 OMG! We went to Guadalajara also, our money was supposed to be here last month! It still isn't here! Did you receive credits through Centurion ? They need a $500 activation fee before we can use them? They are all crooks!😡
N  7th of Jan, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@doc73 I went to Guadalajara also in Sept 15. I had to pay back the initial upfront money from Diamond management (who was supposed to sell 2 of my time shares) $2, 700.00. They paid for the trip though. Signed the buy back. Come to find out at a later date they wanted IVA 16% and SAT 28.5% taxes up front plus my 3 weeks maintenance fee for the buy back sale. I complained, now my account is on permanant hold. I am out almost $38, 000.00 from their scam. I am in the process of hiring an attorney right now.
N  6th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@doc73 Please see my comments that I posted on July 3, 2017 (below).
N  11th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Steph63 Can you share information on Attorney? Maybe it would be useful to pool information and have one attorney represent a number of us.

fihalper@gmail.com
N  21st of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@ajkneale Same here. Please contact me at slmorgan0923@yahoo.com I am a victim.
N  5th of Dec, 2016 by    0 Votes
We paid all their tax requests. They then said the Mexican Government had frozen the account to make sure everything was in order. Then they CLAIMED to have sent the wire transfer. But since it never arrived at our bank, we asked for a tracking number. Right now they are "looking into it."
N  7th of Jan, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Calidris My account is also frozen since March 2016. The tax requests are a scam. You will never get them back on the back end of the deal because the buy back will never go thru.
I have an attorney I am hiring right now.
A  11th of Jan, 2017 by    +1 Votes
My experience is very similar to what's mentioned above. I bought a new program and sold my existing one last March, 2016. I paid all the taxes and was told the government of Mexico is auditing my sale and it can take up to six months for the money to be released. It's now been near three months that I've been waiting. In addition, I can't even make a reservation to stay there now as I can't get my reservation confirmed even though I paid a fee to activate my Legacy Centurion credits.
N  13th of Jan, 2017 by    +1 Votes
These people need to spend a few years in Mexican Prison! Beginning soon!
A  24th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
Hello, my name is Bill Curran. I agree with all of the above complaints. I was invited to Guadalajara back in April 2015 to discuss my buy back contract with Richard Bounds &Vivenne Lewis (she is their legal rep.). They told me then that they would honour my contract and that I would be paid within the year. That was an outright lie.
By April 2016I I still had not been paid. Then Richard Bounds told me by phone that I had to pay $22, 734.00 USD IVA tax. He told me that once that was paid I would be paid and the tax would be refunded. I paid the tax. Then he said there was another tax that I had to pay $9, 727.00USD then I would get paid, another lie. Then I got an email from the accounting dept.saying that the government had flagged my account and that I had to pay a luxury tax of $4, 372.00.USD. If I did not pay my account would be frozen. I paid. Their lawyer( Ms Slater) sent me a signed and notarized letter saying that there would would no more payments and that the letter would stand up in any court of law. Now they have come up with an Acquisition tax of $10, 492.80 USD. I have no money left. These people are criminals, and should be jailed, or worst. Is there anything that I can do? I need help to get these people.
N  29th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
@curran My wife and I paid everything as you did and they still did not send us the wire transfer. Actually, they SAY they did, but gave us no tracking number, and nothing has come in to our bank account. We reported them to PROFECO, and so far have heard nothing.

I would go to the FBI in this country and have them go after Bounds et al. under the RICO statutes. But what can be done in Mexico? I asked the people of PROFECO that very question, and so far no answer.
N  22nd of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Calidris Our story is very similar - we did the buy back agreement, paid the so called liens that Diamond Management had against the timeshare, gave up our memberships in our other timeshares, and have been requested to pay more and more taxes. Same story about our money being held in an account and got a letter saying there would be no more payments required by us once this last tax is paid. We're finding it very hard to believe we will ever see any money and it is a considerable amount. We are going to Profeco as well - has anyone heard anything from Profeco?? or received any money from Legacy??
N  6th of Jul, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@JimmyGD please see my comments below on July 3, 2017
N  21st of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@curran Same here I am a victim of the same thing. Please contact me at slmorgan0923@yahoo.com
N  21st of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@JimmyGD Victim here also. No, you will never receive any money from Legacy. In fact I tried to contact them today and all the email addresses were returned as no good. Please contact me slmorgan0923@yahoo.com We are forming a group who are interested in going after all the no-goods.
N  3rd of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
No one is going to help us, especially the Mexican government. the only way to get something is to send a messenger like Tony Soprano down there to talk to him personally.
N  3rd of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@doc73 I dream of that, to get some justice!
A  17th of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have had very similar experiences but now cant get in contact with anyone. Has anyone recieved their money or found a way to penalize them in any way? I have trusted Richard Bounds and really believed in him so this will be a real disappointment if he is scamming people as this certainly looks like on the surface at least. I will certainly apprecitate advise on proceedings or joining others if anyone knows any way to do it. The Mexican people are truly painted in a bad light with all of this and in allowing it to happen. The Mexican economy will never improve it this experiences are allowed to happen to tourists with no protection. This is truly a problem bigger than they realize because everyone will become so distrusting no one will invest with them, etc. So sad. Let me know if anyone has some answers.
N  3rd of Jul, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Former tourist see my comments added today July 3, 2017
A  9th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
I too have been involved with the exact same situation as read above, paid all the taxes, promised the last tax and then there is a surprise new tax, which I foolishly paid, just recently, as soon as I paid the 'last' tax, I have not received any responses to emails or phone calls. I also believed Richard was being honest, I did receive the legacy travel credits, which do work, so that made me believe the rest was also valid, but they are a minor amount compared to what I had paid them. I am currently in the process of finding an attorney who will deal in international law and can practice both in the US and Mexico, sounds like others would like to join me in the endeavor. Will keep you posted.
I would also be interested in any response from Profeco that anyone receives.
N  3rd of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@mouki Please see my comments just added today, July 3, 2017.
N  3rd of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
It happened to me as well. Richard Bounds and Vivienne Lewis, as well as AURIGA SA DE CV, ROYAL LOOKWOOD MANAGEMENT, SA DE CV/ LEGACY CENTURION PROGRAM/ TIMESHARE ASSOCIATION GROUP and GUINDI MANAGEMENT, SA DE CV.
I am in the midst of working with Profeco, my 2nd hearing date is July 11, 2017.

I found some people who are forming a class action suit, incase you want to join please contact Lloyd via email here:
lhrobertson@sasktel.net

You can read testimonials of us here:

If we all join together, maybe we can get something done.

Karin G
N  6th of Jul, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Karin G Re the link above, just remove the period after "pdf" so instead, enter this into a webbrowser:

N  4th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
Karin, I would like to join, will contact Lloyd, I am also preparing paperwork to file with Profeco, keep us informed of your progress. BTW I could not open the link you provided.
N  6th of Jul, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@mouki Hi there, just take off the period after pdf so the link should be entered as follows:

In regards to status with PROFECO, during my first hearing one of the listed companies had a representative present and stated my contract was cancelled/monies refunded a few months after I bought it, because I disputed with my credit card company. Well my cc company said I lost the dispute because they (Grand Miramar) showed my cc company another contract that apparently I signed on Dec 29 the same year (must have been a forgery). And then they pursued me 2 years later (like you) all in regards to the initial contract that was never cancelled. Why would they pursue me about it if it was already cancelled? Once in Guadalajara, probably the same office you and the others were at, l was asked to finish paying for that contract and then given paperwork signed by legal (Vivienne Lewis) showing I paid that contract in full, and then activating the buy back contract which, like you, I paid more money to get that money. I only did this because I am also a Grand Luxxe owner and they claimed they had a lien on it and will take it from me if I dont go ahead. I paid alot of money for that contract so I only went ahead because I didnt want to lose that. In the end they said I could keep my Grand Luxxe contract if I moved forward with paying off the Grand Miramar contract, and if I went ahead with the buy-back. So really I had no choice. And like you, I never got any buy back money or anything in return. So, this is a short version of what I gave PROFECO to refute on my part on July 11. I would very much think this is proof needed but knowing them, I am sure they have something else up their sleeve. These are such complicated schemes. And PROFECO already notified me that there are only 3 times they can go to a hearing, so the other party knows that and likely will keep this up until its over and there is nothing to get from them. I believe there is no way they can refute my details and proof but we shall see. I will come back and post what I find out. It took PROFECO nearly 6 weeks after the 1st hearing to get back to me so I might not be able to post anything until Aug or Sept.
N  6th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Karin G I forgot to mention, on Dec 29 of 2014, Grand Miramar charged my same credit card again two more times even though I had no further contact with them since the initial contract signing in April, 2014. Their lawyer or representative told Profeco in my first hearing that they returned my money and cancelled the contract I signed in April/2014. If thats the case, why do I have 2 more charges on my card from them? To make matters worse, my credit card company said they cant help me, I lost this dispute. What kind of credit card company is that? MASTERCARD. If you have one, cancel it. Stay away from MASTERCARD too.
N  21st of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@mouki Please do mouki. I am in part of it and we are all victims.
N  7th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
Did anyone elsre get a call from these guys requesting to buy our share for the Miramar. They claim Richard ( and his wife Vivienne) are wanted in Canada with a warrant for their arrest. They want a 10% transfer fro to release all of my funds. I also got a call form a "real" attorney in Mexico . Pretty sure they are all in the same office.

1494620845902_PastedImage
Fax: 205-449-0044
Email: info@royaltripsandeventplanners.com
www.royaltripsandeventplanners.com
N  21st of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@doc73 Same here. I just got off the phone with them and they are scammers.
We have a group of over 20+. Please contact me for info.
slmorgan0923@yahoo.com
N  11th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
I am in the same boat. Have you found others who have the same problems? Any attorneys who are pursuing this?

Let's share our information and pursue this in every way possible.

Pls contact me at fihalper@gmail.com

Phone 713-825-0199
A  31st of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
I was in Playa Del Carmen in April 2017, and talked to Gilded Rose about purchasing their vacation program. They offered me money for my current vacation program, and I had to pay for their 30 year program (13, 876.00). They set me up with Livingston to purchase my older program/club, and gave me a guarantee that it would be sold in 90 days. Livinginston property management needed $3, 000 to activate the sale, I paid this late april. The 90 days was a week or so ago, and Livingston set me up with a proposed NY broker (Capital International brokers). Yesterday, Capital sent me a falsified Bank Wire statement from Bank of America (BOA), saying the money was transferred and I needed to pay $2269.50 for Mexico Registry Foreign Investor payment. I researched the statement and identified it as fake, and that the person (From BOA) did not even work at that branch any more. Right now I have not said anything to them (Gilded or brokers), but Gilded has been preventing on providing ANY vacation plans I have been trying to make up to this point. It appears, they are all they same (Gilded Rose Royal, Livingston property management, Capital) with payments going to an HSBC bank in Cuauhtemoc Mexico under the account name (Mancini Management SA DE CV, at Av. Acueducto No. 4851, Fracc, . Real Acueducto, CP 45116 Guadalajara, Jalisco MX, . I've contacted HSBC with this information already, and provided screen captures of the acct, org and location of all.
N  31st of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@MGardler Left off the part that these all seem to be associated or the same organization being discussed about the Grand Mirimar, lookwood managment...
N  19th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have been reading the comments that have been posted on this site. So I dug out my contract from my purchase back in February 2010. I paid 16, 622.00 + 2530.00 for closing costs + 2292.69 taxes to purchase a Master suite at Grand Miramar. There was no talk regarding Gilded Rose, Livingston or Legacy Centurion. At that time there was only buildings A and B. C was only a pile of dirt. No one was staying there. The sales office was where people enter today. At that time the entrance was where the exercise equipment is now. The first time we stayed at the resort C was under construction. In fact at that time there were two sales offices, one at the entrance and the other by the top units in building A. Many sales were being made. I understand very few owners are left who bought then. I truly love Grand Miramar and look forward to going there.
Last year I met a couple that had purchased only a few days before I spoke to them, and were having second thoughts. She decided to cancel and since she had paid just over $12, 000.00 for the opportunity to go to Grand Miramar she had the sales person sign that she wanted to cancel. He told her to do so she would have to pay the taxes which totaled over $24, 000.00. She completed the paperwork at Perfeto and no additional funds have been taken. She had a reversal on her credit card for the original $12, 000.00 and never paid the $24, 000.00 that the sales person told her that she had to pay.
I feel badly for the Americans and Canadians who are caught up in this situation. I never heard of anyone who received the money back. Richard Bounds, the Englishman, I was told was to not be involved anymore but I saw his twice last year.
I truly do not understand why Grand Miramar is going along with the situation that is there now. Grand Miramar is a beautiful resort, with a wonderful staff. With what is going on I have a hard time being proud of ownership. I hope it changes back to the original sales plan soon.
N  19th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
What evr you do. Do not send any more money.
A  17th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
We to were scammed out of $50k in March 2017. We were in Playa and here are the players I know of. Gilded Rose Royal, Richard Bell, Mancini Management, Livingston investment services. Capital international Bonds, Legacy Centurion, AURIGA, David Krause and so many more. HBSC SA. refuses to help, My credit card companys cant help. I have so many emails and phone messages and call records and documents.

I just received 2 emails within 2 weeks from Gilded Rose claiming they are now buying my Vida and Fiesta Americana timeshares but cant get a response back when I try to call or reply to the email. Below is the email.

It is a pleasure for us to inform you that our company, Gilded Rose Royal, will be purchasing your membership from you instead of Livingston Property Service and we will start taking care of you as we need more inventory for our clients.

Thank you very much for your attention.

We are very honored to make business with you.

Nicolás de La Garza

Asistencia.

www.gildedroseroyal.com

My Fiesta Americana Timeshare has been paid for years but my Vida ( Grand Mayan ) we still owe $13k and cant make payments. This has total took us from a family who was able to take a trip once a year to almost bankrupt.

If anyone can help let me know.
A  27th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Have the same from Nicolas going on here. He said they were going to honor the buy-back of the Gilded Rose, but needed me to sign the contract so that they could buy-back the Gilded Rose contract. I have a feeling they are trying to get my older vacation club, but sent them a copy of the contract and told them do not sell this through this organization, or to this organization as I believe they are trying to use the signature page as validation that I sold it to them, which I didn't.
This appears to be coordinated by someone calling themselves Richard Bond, and his future wife here: Karina Michelle
Here is a link to his Wife's purchase of a wedding dress with our money: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hot1sSjK9Rw
there are pictures of him in the mirror, he moved to Tulum after running the scam in Puerto Villarta
A  28th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Nicolas has contacted me also and wants another $1050 in fees to honor my Gilded rose / Livingston agreement. What a joke. Richard Bond is actually I believe Richard bell who scammed us in Playa

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree