Grabit Floor Mopping System / Discontinued Replacement Chemical Cartridge

1525 Howe StreetRacine, WI, United States Review updated:
4.95
This company sold a floor cleaning mop that requires a replaceable chemical cannister. This unit did a good job with no complaints however the company discontinued the product and the cannister is no longer available and the mopping unit is now useless. I have surffed the internet and found thousands of owners of this mop with the same complaint. I think it only fair that the company give some sort of refund for this unusable mop

Comments

Fr
  16th of Oct, 2008
WHY did you discontinue this mop? I have TWO and can't find refills for the spray or the pads. Can't you help someway/somehow? THanks.
Me
  28th of Oct, 2008
I am having the same problem. The company certainly owes the consummers something for all the trouble and wasted $.
Ci
  29th of Oct, 2008
I TOO HAVE the grabit GO MOP. I love the product but like everyone says its useless now because we can't purchase replacement cleaner cartridges. Consumers should be compensated with a new mopping system, whatever one the company has out .
Er
  29th of Oct, 2008
AGREE! GIVE US A REFUND YOU CHEAPOS!
Ra
  9th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I spent 3 days looking to purchase replacement cleaner cartridges, for my mp, I can not find, we should get some compensation, else I will never buy any product from this company

Thanks
Ih
  15th of Nov, 2008
I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY WOULD DISCOTINUE SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT. WE PURCHASED ONE OF THE LAST ONES MADE. COULD NEVER GET A REPLACEMENT CAN.
Al
  24th of Nov, 2008
I agree. I just went to look for a replacement and there are none to be found. I may just go back to a mop and a bucket of water rather than committing to another proprietary solution.
Al
  28th of Nov, 2008
I really loved this product until I tried to find the refill and like everyone else I was unable to do so! This was one of the best easy clean-up mops I ever had. I can get the pads that go on the mop itself at Price Chopper but what good are they without the cleaner canister? Please bring it back or tell us where we can get it. This was too good a product to pull off the market.
El
  2nd of Dec, 2008
I have had the same problem. No refills available anywhere. I could use this on my laminate and vinyl floors. It did the best job. Why do companies do this? You find a good product and before you know it the product is off the market.
Ji
  4th of May, 2009
Save your cannister tops and put them on a similar product's 20 oz can. This way you can still use it. Swiffer wet pads also work for the bottom.
Gr
  11th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I'll never buy another johnson product again.

REFUND!
Wi
  29th of Jan, 2010
Now I know why I have NOT been able to find the replacement cannisters or pads. I have no problem with it being discontinued - my pet peeve is IF a product is going to be discontinued the company should advertise that fact so we can either toss it or stock pile what supplies we can so we can continue to use it for a while longer. Guess I'll be shopping for the Swiffer WetJet which I'm assuming replaces this mop?? I will indeed keep several replacement refills on hand at all times. Just a thought - if you run out of the pads just use a wash cloth in it's place... does fine.. Just make sure it's attached in the 4 corners real well. I've also used several sheets of paper towels in a pinch.. works fine...
Ba
  18th of Aug, 2010
I AM SO SORRY THIS MOP AND REPLACEMENT CANNISTERS AND PADS HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED! VERY POOR SERVICE FOR CONSUMERS.
Dw
  20th of Aug, 2011
Company should Make canisters for their customers and provide them FREE for their customers' inconvenience. This was just plain Wrong for a big company to leave its customers high and dry, after making a lot of money off of them. Shame on them for their taking advantage of people who bought their product in good faith.
Mn
  22nd of Jan, 2013
We too have purchased a Grab It mop system and have used the original can only to find we are unable to find a replacement. We have looked everywhere we could think of and were going to continue to look until I found out on line that it was no-longer available. My wife loved that mop. I think the company should give consumers an equivalent floor cleaning system, even if it that means from another company, that is current.
Ro
  25th of Aug, 2016
Still looking for replacement of spray canister for the SC Johnson Grab It Wet mop. Has anyone out been lucky? In Surplus or Outlet stores?
Ba
  7th of Apr, 2017
Wow, I'm saddened to hear this !
I actually have a grab it that is still unopened in the original box ! I was going to open it and use it this weekend. I will surely save the cleaning canister LID and try to put it on another product. I'm glad to hear we can at least use swifter pads !
BTW, I use a BONA mop regularly on my laminate floors. I previously used the same system at my old house with solid oak hardwood floors. I use a BONA micro fiber floor pad with BONA cleaner and polish. Their mop and pads work great, are reusable and could be used with your favorites cleaner. I wait for BONA to go on sale for buy one get one free, and then I stock up.
I have found that using the bottle that mounts to the mop is very cumbersome and not very effective. I just use the product in a spray bottle and spray with one hand and mop with the other. This goes twice as fast as using the spray unit on the mop with the mop mounted product canister.
For those that still have a grab it mop, you can use a swifter pad, and just put your cleaner in a spray bottle and you will have successful moping.
Ma
  28th of Dec, 2017
I have a never used new can of the cleaner. If anyone wants it and pays for the shipping, you can have it. Contact me by email at marylhsu@gmail.com.