GoKartsUSA / false add & non delivery

CA, United States Review updated:
2.8
I ordered a Go Kart that add said "In stock" delayed 2 week, they asked for extension. I gave another week. Then
I recieved an "E-Mail" stating 10 more days. They have had my money for 3 weeks and no Kart??
This is fraud.

Richard Blickensderfer

Comments

Td
  8th of Dec, 2010
USA GO-KARTS TOTALLY RIPPED ME OFF. I BOUGHT & PAID FOR A SO CALLED YAMAHA DUNE BUGGY THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HANE A YAMAHA ENGINE. IT HAS SOME PIECE OF CRAP FORIEGN JOB. IT CAME WITH A PULL START JUST INCASE. WELL THE PULL START IS IN A PLACE YOU CANT EVEN USE IT. THEY PUT YAMAHA NERF PADS ON IT TO TRY TO HIDE THE FACT THEY RIPPED ME OFF. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE STRRET LEGAL ALL I NEEDED WAS THE POINT OF ORIGIN PAPERWORK SO I COULD INSURE IT. WELL THEY JUST KEPT TELLING ME THEY WOULD GET ME THAT PAPERWORK BUT THEY NEVER DID. MY THOUGHTS ON WHY THAT IS IS THAT THEY COULDNT PRODUCE PAPERS FROM YAMAHA BECAUSE IT WAS NOT MADE BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH YAMAHA. ANYWAY I PAID LIKE 7, 000 FOR A 2, 000 DOLLAR PIECE OF [censor]. I WOULD NOT BY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE. ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AT treese@sevendtrailers.com
He
  15th of Dec, 2010
RIP OFF ARTIST. Took my money back ordered item said it would be 2 weeks one week into it they send email saying ready to ship. but changed color to a color they didn't even offer on the web site. Asked what color they had red blue yellow . Said I would take red they said no your getting blue. I said no thanks I would take a refund. Item never shipped never left and they screwed me out 54 dollars for asking for a refund because I would not accept something they didn't even carry. Now I must give them $54 dollars worth of reviews. Suggest they change their name to: RIP OFF USA.
Aj
  8th of Jan, 2011
If I could give them a zero star rating, I would. I am actually embarrassed to have done business with this company. I should have done my research, not just on different go karts, but on this company.

Product was supposed to come 90% assembled, with buyer needing to do "dealer prep, " tightening bolts, attaching battery, etc. The gokart came in pieces, literally the frame was not even assembled. Was supposed to come with "assemby manual" and "very good information." It came with no assembly manual and when we called "tech support, " they said no manual was available, that they couldn't help us, and that we should pay a qualified mechanic to put it together. Mind you, the person I had assembling it is an employee of mine who maintains all my farm equipement (tractors, riding lawnmower, etc.), so he's no novice when it comes to vehicles and machinery. Some of the holes were not lined up and had to be redrilled. Took close to 6 hours to get the go kart assembled. Customer service was rude and indifferent about all the issues we encountered.

Now on to the product, a Kinroad Bantam 110 dune buggy. Day 1: tire came off rim; Day 5: horn fell off; Day 7: both headlights fell off; Day 10: another tire went flat; passenger seatbelt broke. Is there a warranty? Not through GoKarts USA, of course, and since there's no product information, I have no information about a manufacturer warranty.

They claim you're getting 50% off retail, but I found a similar go kart locally, fully assembled, for only $200 more than I paid for this one.

My recommendation? DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY
Rb
  24th of Feb, 2011
I ordered a scooter that they had listed on their web site. $888.00 dollars was drafted from my checking account, and I recieved an email stating that my product was on its way. One week later I noticed the money had been refunded so I checked my email and found an email stating that the item was out of stock. When I called to try and purchase something similar I was astounded at how I was treated. The man on the phone wouldnt even give me his name. He wanted 400 dollars more for practically the same thing. When I explained how I went without transportation and without my money to purchase something else for more than a week he began hanging up on me. When I called called back I didnt even get a hello. He answered the phone and said "We will not be doing business with you.". DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! Judging by some of the other comments I've found on the internet its a wonder these a holes are still in business. What a disgrace to have the American flag on their web page.
Ta
  11th of Apr, 2012
We ordered a BMS 250 from Go Karts USA because they said they had it in stock, color we wanted and all. Even double checked. We wait 3 weeks and hear nothing. Finally call the company, the Buggy is in Customs. They didn't have it in stock at all. They lied to us. When you call them, they won't let you talk to a manager/supervisor and when you email them they will not respond with whoever is in charge of this joke of a businesses name. It's been a month and we still have no idea where our Buggy is...please do not do business with these idiots. When I find out who is in charge, and I will, I will post it so everyone will know who to call. Also, don't hesitate to make a formal complaint with the Better Business Buruea and the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Ah
  14th of Jun, 2012

Gokartsusa.com - I ordered a set of mini bike wheels two weeks ago and still not delivered yet
Gokartsusa.com
gokartsusa.com

I ordered a set of mini bike wheels two weeks ago and still not delivered yet, so I call and they tell me tires are on back order, and they would call me back or email me back with in the hour... 4 hours later I call back and start all over again, lol. I'm sick of waiting for my package to show up. It's been over the 10 day shipping period so I'm asking Paypal to return my money today before it's to late !
Tr
  3rd of Jul, 2012
Yeah they are a total rip off. I ordered a madass 125 from them. I got the bike but sadly the mirrors weren't threaded and wouldn't attach to the bike. Naturally i called and told them what was up and they had me send them back to be replaced. Needless to say i called time and time again about what is going on and why haven't i gotten the new ones yet. Until the point that they start saying that they don't know what I'm talking about. I asked to talk to a manager and of course there isn't one there to speak with. I was told that this manager would call me the next day to clear the problem up and no such call has ever been attempted. They've fed me lies that they're on back order to they've been sent out and should be there in a week and now they claim they have no idea about my stigma. I've been trying to get this cleared up for close to 4 months. I'm telling you people, heed the warnings that are being typed. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. I'd just hate for someone else to have what happened to me and countless others to you or your family's or friends. Its probably only a matter of time before they start credit card fraud. Well played go kart usa...well played.
Wo
  7th of Sep, 2012

Gokartsusa.com - Hope their company goes out of business
Gokartsusa.com
gokartsusa.com

Absolutely Terrible Customer Service! I most definitely sure that the pitiful representative in Pleasant Hill California is a bottom feeder. How can you take $120 dollars from a family and not care that the size isn't right. I expected a gentleman to get on the phone and say "no problem miss, let's help you out and get the right size". This person needs a wake up call in his life. My husbands hard earned money where he bleeds and sweats to death was thrown away by his inconsideration and rudeness. OBVIOUSLY THE COMPANY BEHIND THIS MAN HAS THE SAME INCONSIDERATION FOR FAMILIES AND THEY ARE MINDLESS. DO NOT EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS HORRID COMPANY!!T A PRIME EXAMPLE OF EVERYTHING WRONG IN THIS WORLD. I HOPE THEIR COMPANY GOES OUT OF BUSINESS!!!
Gy
  5th of Jun, 2013
I received my scooter from this company. Upon receiving it the scooter mechanic mentioned that some of the screws appeared to have been partially stripped. I know the mechanic didn't do it because I was watching him just do the visual inspection. The next thing that he noticed is that the rear mud guard had a hole in the middle of it. Mind you, the scooter was not ridden to the shop, it was hauled in a truck. The cover to where the VIN number was etched was damaged. One of the four retainers was already snapped; probably happened when they etched the VIN on the frame. I contacted GoKartsUSA and they asked me to send pictures. I sent the pictures and a few days later someone from BMS called me to send them the pictures. I was assured that I would get the parts. It's been 2 and a half months and still no parts. I called them to inquire and they said the parts were on their way, still nothing.
In the first 28 days and 60 miles on the scooter, the scooter would not start. I called GoKartsUSA to get technical support so that I would not have to pay a mechanic yet. The representative told me the following, "check the fuel...maybe there's no fuel; check the battery, that's probably the problem if you have fuel in it; maybe it's electrical or something". First, there was plenty of fuel. As for the battery, it was turning over, as I had repeated several times. Lastly, to state that it was probably "electrical" and provide any insight what that meant was worthless. I have worked on cars that I've owned (Toyota, Nissan, Chevy, BMW, MBZ, VW) but never a scooter. So, I have a very good understanding of mechanics. Scooter, I can't claim to be a proficient. In any case, the "advisors" at the company probably don't even understand how to do an oil change, let along provide "Technical Support". After all was said and done, I was told, that if I brought the scooter to a mechanic, the parts that I need can be sent to me for free given that I purchased a 6-month warranty. Upset and frustrated, I didn't have the time to fiddle because I had business trips lined up. So, I sent it to the scooter mechanic.
The mechanic immediately said, "I told you so...you would have been better off spending $4K on a "real" scooter rather than a cheap chinese scooter. These are notorious for issues and the sellers of these pieces of junk will not support you." I gave GoKartsUSA the benefit of the doubt. In the end, I was advised that the carburetor and fuel pump were faulty. I let GoKartsUSA know what the mechanic advised me on the scooter and they said they would get back to me. In the end, I was told that the carburetor and the fuel pump were not included in the warranty. I would have to pay $250 for the carburetor and another $70 for the fuel pump. WOW!
Since I had already had the scooter at the mechanic's shop for over a week and a half, he was going to charge me for storage. So, I went ahead and paid the mechanic for the carburetor and fuel pump that he installed to get the scooter running. I have asked GoKartsUSA to either reimburse me or send me parts. To date, they have done NOTHING. I even asked for a refund for the FRAUDULENT warranty and also nothing.
Warranty - FRAUDULENT sale of a product that covers what??
Technical Support - FRAUDULENT claim when the agents on the phones know nothing about mechanics, let alone anything about the products that they sell.
Scooter - Poorly built and poor QC in their assembly.
Cost to fix my Scooter: $500...replacement carburetor and fuel pump, towing fees, diagnostics
Lessons Learned: 1. You get what you paid for...better to spend more money on a more reliable scooter (Honda, Suzuki, Kymco, Vespa). 2. Not too many scooter shops work on chinese scooter due to liability; 3. GoKartsUSA is dishonest, unreliable and they make false claims about their technical support and their warranty; 4. The picture of a wearhouse on their site is not their wearhouse...the scooter came directly from BMS in the City of Industry via air cargo from LAX; 5. Don't trust a company who has a physical address where they tell you that you can't see or try a scooter at their office...they are merely a reseller and nothing more.
Cj
  15th of Nov, 2013
Buyer beware. Don’t deal with this company, they will rip you off big time. I tried ordering a UTV from them only to wait over 2 months. They kept telling me they shipped it, which they never did. I ended up calling the local police to straighten it out (I told them they stole my money). Within a week they sent me a check. They were very pissed at me, which I enjoyed immensely. However they never sent the full amount. I should have known something was up when they wouldn't accept credit card transactions, only wiring money orders to them. Apparently the credit card company’s don’t trust them either. The BBB gives them an F.
Go
  14th of Dec, 2013
Hi This is Alex from Gokarts USA. We tell customers that our products are Factory Direct at Wholesale prices. That means your item arrives in a crate and the customer will have some setup to do. The customer will typically have to install wheels, roll cage, lights, battery, bumpers and other misc. items. The engine and running is already in place. We recommend and the manufacturer's warranty requires the gokart be setup by a qualified mechanic. This is posted in our order terms, displayed and approved by the customer at checkout time, and printed on the customer invoice. Gokarting is not for everyone. It's a mechanically intensive sport. We tell customers all the time. If you need tech support, please call Gokarts USA at 925-691-0330 M-F 8am-5pm Pacific time, ask for Alex
Go
  14th of Dec, 2013
This is Nick from Gokarts USA. This customer placed an order for a UTV a few weeks ago. We told him we had several colors in stock but he wanted camo green. We told the customer camo green was coming in in the next shipment due in 2-3 weeks. The customer decided to wait for camo. One week into his order, he decided to call the police. Needless to say, we decided to cancel his order and give him a refund. I don't see how the customer feels he was ripped off. We sell many UTVs, and Buggies to happy customers, however happy customers do not get on the web. If you need some halp, just give us a call at 925-691-0330 8-5 pst ask for Nick.
Tw
  17th of Jan, 2014
DAMN I just got screwed over! They just cant seem to find when the gokart was shipped, the batterytender made it to our home just fine! But no go kart $1500 dollars for kids Christmas gone. Just give us a refund . If there is anyone who can please help my email is todd73richard@yahoo.com

GoKartsUSA Logo GoKartsUSA