GNS / acai berry pills

1 Arvada, CO, United States Review updated:

I too ordered Acai berry pills from a phone call I received after I had expressed interest inthe "free" trial pills over the internet.

That was on 1-/30/09. Today, I received two bottles of pills and an invoice stating I will be charged 79.90 next Saturday, Feb. 21st and every month thereafter. The person I finally talked to after 30 minutes of waiting told me the pills are not free. You get to use them for free for 21 days (in this case, only 7 days, eh?), and then you are charged for them. I never signed anything, as it was all done over the phone.

I am in a panic. I have called and emailed them. I got a return authorization number and I am returning them immediately. If they do not receive them before Friday, they will hcarge my account. Last week I got laid off from work and they are going to cause my checking account to bounce. I used my VISA/debit card to pay the 3.97 "shipping and handling" as I have no other credit cards at this point. I am scared I am going to get screwed here and have my mortgage and electric bills bounce. I am down to my last few dollars and now I have to deal with this.

What really rots also is I have to pay postage to send them BACK, Fedex or UPS with two day delivery so I'm sure they will get there. That's really expensive and I don't get that back. I have filed a complaint wiht the Florida Dept. of Consumer services. Wish me luck.

Ca

Comments

• Vi
      26th of Feb, 2009

I accepted to receive the product over the phone on 2/05/09. once I read the complaints on the internet, I tried to cancel the order on same evening via email. but their email just returns useless auto responses without any follow-up on their end.
    I cancelled my debit card immediately to ensure that no other charges are made to my debit card. if you can afford that, it is the safest way to get the re-occurring charges stopped.
    I receievd the items in less than two weeks. I was able to get a hold of a customer rep. on 2/14/09 after 35 minutes of being on hold. so, do not give up on calling and holding on to get someone on the phone.
    I was able to get an rma # without any issues. I also cancelled the monthly auto ship contract/order and got a confirmation #.
    I sent the product back on 2/20 and entered the rma # above the return address.
    Package was received by their office on 2/24.
    They emailed me today (2/26), exactly 21 days after the original order date, and requested me to send them a credit card #!

So, just want to let you know that it is not that hard to get it straightened out. their customer service via email is really bad. the last resort is to cancel your debit/credit card. as soon as I mentioned to my bank that I may be in for a scam, they suggested to cancel the card and get a new one. it only takes a few days for the new card to arrive, and your checking and saving accounts are intact and no major changes are needed to get your life back together.
    Best of luck for all of you out there.