Gmac / mortgage

1 MN, United States Review updated:

On 04/01/09, just before a Sheriff's sale was scheduled for my primary residence, I received the following letter from GMAC:

Dear James
As we have been informed the above-referenced property is vacant, we will be sending a representative to the property within seven days to rekey and winterize, if applicable.

We are taking this action for the protection of our security under the terms of the Mortgage/Deed of Trust.

If you are maintaining the property, please contact teh Collections Department at [protected] and we will attempt to cancel the work order.

Collections Department-Loan Servicing

Since I LIVE HERE, I called to "cancel the work order, " which the representative did right away and seemed eager to dismiss the issue and get off of the telephone. I told her, "You know, I find it hard to believe that with SO MANY forclosures out there, that GMAC is sending people around to each of them to get "informed" about whether the property is vacant, and to rekey the property. This seems like more of an effort to avoid waiting the 6 months after forclosure to kick people out by having GMAC say the property wasn't occupied . . ."

She said that, "Yes, we send those letters out to everyone, and if they call in, we note that the property is occupied."

What a LOAD OF CRAP! So GMAC is putting hundreds of thousands of homeowners in a panic, as if they had nothing else to have anxiety about, by stressing them as to whether they have 7 days rather than 6 months to get out of their house after forclosure. And they do this because GMAC is too lazy, cheap, and greedy (sound like a familiar pattern? Like the one that got us into this mess?) to actually let the presumption be that the home is occupied, or to go check it out for themselves. There was NO INFORMATION that would have suggested I was NOT LIVING HERE. GMAC was on a fishing expedition and was hoping to bypass the President's efforts and statutory timeframes by claiming they'd made an effort and found the home unoccupied due to a lack of a response. If that's not illegal, it should be. I recorded the conversation.

Mi

Comments

• Ha
      21st of Apr, 2009

My wife and I just filed six complaints against GMAC, Three with State reps in the State of Washington, BBB of Iowa, Attorney General of the state of Washington and the Attorney General of the US. GMAC is nothing more than Mortgage Nazi's. They told us to get help with the Housing Education Project then submit the information for our modification. They then modified our loan using old account information and then admitted not using the information we put together through HEP! (Lauren Costill is great!!) Our Payment now is higher than before? What, thanks Nazi's now I can re-default.

13th of May, 2009

get this crap offa here

31st of May, 2009

Screw off. You're making money off of other people's sorrows, and no matter what helps you sleep at night, that's f----ed up. I wish you the worst of luck in your endeavors, because I want the full extent of the problem to play out (and hurt) the greatest number of people who helped to get us into this mess. Companies like yours only help mitigate damage, ultimately, to the top tier of this house of cards. Sell your lies to someone else . . . oh wait . . . you've already told me that's your intention. Sorry. . .

1st of Jun, 2009

RMS,
    Yeah yeah yeah . . . like a slimy politician using every response NOT to issue a fact, but to make sure you get your chance at equal spin. WTF ever.

And learn proper English. It's the first signal that you're a scammer.

Go learn about all "downside" predatory companies like yours? Yeah, I'll get right on that. If people had time to do that, we wouldn't need websites like this, WHICH ARE FOR CONSUMERS, not for free advertising, ###. What you're doing is like advertising for life insurance at a funeral. Real [censored]ing sensitive. But hey! Who needs sensitivity when there's money to be made, right?!

3rd of Jun, 2009

People reading this post are likely in distress, not fake-### money-mongers like you who bless with one hand and back-hand you with the other. I don't care WHAT people see me as, because I'M NOT HERE TRYING TO MAKE MONEY like you! I'm here to relay my experience, FOR FREE, in the hopes that it helps them avoid people LIKE YOU. You'd swear you were Christ on the Cross the way you make it sound like you're laying down your life for us all!!

"Well, I was wondering who would be the one to reduce themselves to using school bully language . . . you aggressive, one track minded person . . . " Hypocrite!

I'm not on here to write a book. If you are, then make it a love story and KISS MY ###. Over and out. Viva la revolution!!