Gmac / closing fee

PO Box 76101, Ft Worth, TX, United States
Phone: 18002410172

I had a chevy colorado on a smartbuy. I still owed on the vehicle, but I traded it in for an impala in november of 2007. My dealer and I had to get gmac on the phone to get a payout. During the course of the conversation, gmac stated that I would receive a refund. I thought, "wow, great." well, a month passed by and I called gmac. They said the truck was still on the lot, and nothing could occur until they sold it on auction. Needless to say, the truck did not get put on auction and then sold until february of 2008. They finally sent me a refund for $600. Two months later, I get a letter from gmac saying I owe $250 for a closing fee. I called them up asking why I would owe a $250 closing fee when they sent me a refund for $600. Why would they not take the $250 out of the $600. The representative told me not to worry about it and they will waive the fee. Granted this is either march or april of 2008. Fast forward to april 10, 2009. I received a letter from them stating that if I pay $200 within the next ten days, the debt will be closed. So I called them up again. It turns out that the waiver was denied, no one notified me of this. They stated that they did attempt to contact me. I called numberous times complaining about this. The first two reps stated that there was no phone number on file. The third stated that there was a number on file and that they did attempt to reach me. When I asked to talk to a supervisor, three different times of the day they stated that the supervisor did not start for another thirty minutes. When I finally talked to a supervisor, she stated that someone contacted me in august of 2008. I have no record of this call. When I asked for a transcript of attempts to contact me, they refused to give me a copy. I've had the same phone number and address all during this, so I know they are lying. My current car was also financed through gmac, so any mail from them I paid particular attention to. They are saying they attempted to contact me, which they did not. They won't even give me evidence to prove it. I told them to check my payment history, i've never missed nor have I ever been late. I told them to check my credit score and they would see that I take these things seriously. It's not about the money, $250 is not a big deal. This is all about principal. They lied about attempting to contact me. They sat on this for almost a year, and they expect me to pay within ten days or they will send it in and affect my credit. I told them I will send what I can afford when I can afford it. I've decided to send them $25 a month, so I can satisfy this situation eventually. I will not ever in a million years use gmac again, and as long as I have air in my lungs I will tell everyone I come into contact with. I did file complaints with the better business bureau and also the federal trade commision. If anyone knows of anywhere else I can complain please let me know. It would absolutely positively be my pleasure to.

Ma