Glidden Paint / Ripped off!

PO Box 10006-1Douglas, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-255 -9431

I purchased Glidden paint on June 30, 2007 and saw that Home Depot was offering a rebate program for this purchase. I completed the form, attached the receipt, attached the bar code from the can and mailed the first week of July, 2007. I called the Glidden 800# on 10/10/07 to ask where my check was, and the service rep said it would be mailed out that week - 'sorry for the delay'.

I called again on 12/13/07 to ask where my check was, and the NEW service rep explained that the rebate program was 'taken over' by some funding company or something like that - telling me there were problems with the program and checks being sent. She ASSURED me that she saw my file, and asked me to verify the information; then stated that the check would be sent that week - for sure!!

It's now 2/20/08 - and I have NO check - and the Glidden 800# is NOT working and the website is NOT working! I guess I'll never see my check!

I've wasted time, effort, etc for this rebate and it leaves a bad reputation for Glidden and rebate programs in general.
Va

More Glidden Paint Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Be
  31st of Aug, 2008
Had the same thing with Glidden Paints; During Memorial Day weekend of 2007 I purchased 6 gallons of Glidden paint with a rebate of $5.00 on each gallon. As of this date I'm still waiting for it. Wrote several letters and called even more - it did not help. Glidden paint lost a customer for life and I make sure all my friends know about this company scam. As for Glidden, I just have one thing to say; I can live without the $30 but your reputation being tarnished cannot be recovered. I feel bad for the people that do not know about this scam and eventually will fall trap to the same game like I did - BEWARE!
St
  16th of May, 2011
Hello my name is Steve Presley i have a complaint about Glidden Paint, I just built a new home on a cost of about $28, 0000.00.I purchase Gliddon latex primer and Glidden Latex paint olive branch in color i primed and painted the living room and hall way with it a few months ago .Will this past week me and my wife was doing some finish work in the living and one of the wall had got skuffed with a pease of crown molding, so the next day i went the sand and repair the skuffed area and the paint stair peeling off the wall very bad as you can see in just a few of the pictures below it all over my walls like this.I have tried to contact Glidden but no luck. I hope if the read this post they will contact me by spresley001@centurytel.net
St
  16th of May, 2011
Here is Glidden's America Finest that has pill off like pilling a Orange.Now i i am worried about the rest of my house.

Bo
  21st of Oct, 2012
Paint does not merely peel by itself. There is a reason, usually surface preparation or a lack of priming, which contributes to this. America's Finest is an entry level (lower grade) interior product.
Du
  18th of May, 2015
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was a contractor for 28 years. I tried many different brands of paint. I found that Glidden paints do peal more than any other paints I have used. Did not matter if new walls were primed or when using their paint with primer in the paint. Re-coat time is 4 hours or more. Even that is not enough time for second coat. I found not to do second coat for at least one day or more. Not to use this paint on a rainy day or when high humidity. Glidden paint almost always needs two coats. It is not a one coat paint and does not hide small flaws or nicks and scratches in the walls. I found that some colors on a 90 degree wall is totally different when painting around the corner. It was if I painted two different colors. When used same can of paint in separate rooms. Rooms looked different colors. I don't know if the paint lacking pigment or something other paints have or why the color changes so drastically when the light hits it from different angles. If you want the room to look all the same color. I suggest you get two of the same samples. Hold them next to each other at different times of the day on the corners of the room you are going to paint..