Gilt City / voucher expiration

1 United States

I had the same issue, which then spiraled into something more!
When purchasing, I didn't notice that the Puritan's Pride voucher could not be used on all brands. I then went on the Puritan's Pride website and it turns out that of that list of 16 brands, a full SIX of them are actually NOT AVAILABLE for sale. I chalked this up to my mistake and managed to cobble together an order, which I placed on Jan 10th at 9:30pm from my home in San Francisco.
The next day, I get an email from Puritan's Pride claiming that my order can't go through because my voucher had expired. True, my voucher expiration was January 10. But I assumed I could use it until the end of that day - what I did not factor in is that Gilt works ONLY on Eastern Standard time. What??? So much for being a national service. Both myself and the Puritan's Pride customer service agent have attempted to speak with Gilt and they have refused to reinstate my voucher.
This is the 2nd time this sort of issue has arisen with them. They are hard-lined about returns/refunds no matter what and the customer service people are unfriendly and unhelpful. I will be cancelling my account and warning people against them.

Gilt City