Gevalia / Fruadulently obtained membership

1 Port Saint Lucie, FL, United States Review updated:

When I ordered some products from Vista Print, being extrememly careful not to click any memberships and to unclick any pre-clicked items, they still signed me up for this membership - plus 10 others. Fortunately my credit card company is on the ball - Thanks Chase!! they immediately recognized the membership charges as fraudulent and suspended the card until they had confirmed with me whether I had signed up for them. The card was cancelled - I am still receiving letters from companies I have never done business with saying they cannot process my membership.

Beware of doing business with Vista Print they are related I believe to this Gevalia company and to the AP9 and other bogus membership clubs and they apparantly give out your credit card info to anyone who asks. There is no possible way to contact every club they sign you up for - just report the fraud, cancel the card and have them send you a card with a new number.

Comments

• He
      19th of Nov, 2008

I believe you're right!! This same exact thing happened to me with Gevalia and I haven't been able to make sense of it... but then I read this and it all clicked!

Just before this crap happened with Gevalia, I had ordered my baby's birth announcements through VistaPrint! Those ###...

I called Gevalia today and ripped into them and they canceled the fraudulent account after I made all that fuss.

• Jk
      17th of Feb, 2010

A similar thing happened to me with Gevalia. Although I never ordered from Vistaprints. I got a call from my credit card company that they suspected a few charges to be fraudulent. They told me I had a $19.95 charge from Gevalia. I had never even heard of this company before. So I told them to cancel the card and send a new one. I then called Gevalia, and the girl I spoke to was very polite and canceled my account. She did not seem concerned at all that I never gave them my credit card # or ordered anything from them. Almost as though they expect people to call in and say exactly what happened to me. She said I could keep the coffee maker that they had already shipped me and restart my Gevalia account any time I like. That will never happen. This incident was about 2 years ago, and I have not heard anything from Gevalia since.

• Bu
      29th of Sep, 2010

Notorious for illegal selling practice with unauthorized charge to consumers' credit card. The credit card information is obtained illegally.

YOU MUST FILE YOUR REPORT TO Delaware Dept. of Justice directly because the business is located in Delaware. Here is the information that you can file a complaint online.:

There are many similar private complaining sites which do not help you at all.