Gevalia Coffee / unwanted shipment

1 Dover, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1800 438 2542

Received my free coffeemaker and for over a year recieved and paid for automatically delivered coffee. This month I received (unwanted) 4 8oz. packages of coffee and was billed over $41.00 for the 2 lbs. of coffee.

Comments

• Ms
      26th of Nov, 2008

They just did the same thing to me. I called the and canceled my account with them. I'm keeping the coffee, but they will never get my business again. I will tell everybody that will listen about my experience with them.

I hope they understand that angering people with unwanted shipments will only hurt them. They would have made more than $41.75 off of me in the long run by just shipping me the stuff I ordered.

• Kb
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I have never even heard of this company. And for some reason- I kept getting shipments of Gevalia Coffee being sent to my address but to a totally unknown name. I didnt think to return the shipment since I didnt know who they were and actually threw the coffee's away (thinking it was pretty suspicious). And today, I happen to look at my bills and noticed I was being charged by Gevalia on my Chase Credit card. I have no idea why I was recieving this shipment and being charged for it. Especially when it was addressed to an unknown name. I called Gevalia and they did not have any record with my name. Really bogus. They gave me a hard time about refunding the money. This is a huge scam.

• 7c
      27th of Dec, 2008

They did the exact same thing to me and when I received it, I called in and was told to keep it or give it away and my credit card would be credited. Well...today I got my credit card bill and there is was, $41.75! I called again and was told it was now taken care of. We shall see...

I cancelled the account as well. I will be checking daily to see IF the refund is made!

STAT AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS!

• 7c
      27th of Dec, 2008

Be advised that the Account Number with Gevalia for this "Royal Vinter" is different than your regular Account Number which I just noticed.

Though I told "Ash", the customer service rep t0o cancel, I am calling to cancel again as when I logged onto my account, it had not been cancelled.

BUG THEM AGAIN!

• Eb
      27th of Dec, 2008

we've used gevallia coffee for more than four years and have never had but one order we didn't order but the truth came out my wife wanted a 2 cup coffee maker she ordered it part of gettin the free pot is you get more coffee blends sent to you. if you call them they will cancel the shipments

• Mr
      18th of Mar, 2009

I cancelled the shipments because I fell on hard times. I told them my issue and they agreed to stop the shipments. I had $40 in the bank, so I went to three different stores with coupons trying to save as much on food so I could to feed my children. They charged my card $41.65 which cost me $100 in bank fees, because of the other three store transactions that I made. I called and ask them why did they charge me card and they said we sent you a card about our exclusive yearly coffee and you did not respond. I thought cancelled meant cancelled. They refused to refund me or pay my bank fees. Now my children has to pay the price for this unwanted coffee.

• Tr
      16th of May, 2009

I, too, tried to cancel my account with Gevalia, but in Jan., I received a box of coffee. I called to ask why, and they said it was a "special". Because I never signed up for it, they agreed to not charge me for it and I didn't have to ship it back. Then, I kept getting a bill from them for over $35.00. I called again a few months ago, and a man with a strong foreign accent said that it was all taken care of and I didn't have to pay it. He said that my account was clear and I would only get coffee if I went on line and ordered it. Today, I got another NASTY bill from them saying I still owe the money. So I went online and PAID it. Then I called and got a young woman who said she'd cancel my "special" account yet again! I don't know how many times you have to call to cancel an account. And the real tragedy is that I love their coffee, but I am afraid to start up again because all this business with getting extra shipments that I will be forced to pay for will start again! What has happened to this company?

• Ki
      17th of May, 2009

They will track you down. I cancelled service over six moths ago I paid them for the coffee I received and thought that was it... NO WAY, they "said they made another shipment to me" althought I did not receive it they still charged me. Now I am suing them in small claims court for the cost they charged me and court costs. I urge everyone to take them to court. It is a needed document if they try to hurt your credit. It only cost $25.00 to sue.

• Ph
      24th of Jul, 2009

I am having the dmae problem - I never signed up for them and they now have sent me a bill that went to a collector agency for 35 dollars - and I nevr even asked for it. When it is delivered to me it doesn;t even have my name fully - it says "to mr or mrs smith" It doesn't even know my first name!!
    Now I have called 3 times and three times they said they cancelled my bogus acct and still i am being tracked by a credit collector! I hate this company and don't even know how they know about me!

• Yu
      24th of Jul, 2009

We just cancelled our credit card because of fraudulent avtivity. Two charges were fake, and one was Gevalia. Loke other posters, we received a shipment that we didn't order and with only part of the name correct, but we'd been charged on our card.

Call the bank if this happens and report fraud, and then cancel your card. Don't deal with their customer service, as they will lie to you and try to let you think its ok so you wont cancel your credit card.

Also, I will be five dollars to your nickle that the people psoting in gavor of this company are frauds. They are paid bloggers or they are in on the scam. Dont believe them, cancel your card, and comlplian to the Better Business Bureau. Tell everone you know.

• Cj
      12th of Nov, 2009

last week gevalia called me and offered a free coffee maker if I agreed to buy their coffee. I already have their coffee maker and coffee . Dont like the coffee refused the offer. Just checked my account and find I have been billed for shipment of coffee. I will have to cancel my credit card . Apparently they will continue this scam

18th of Nov, 2009

I to had been charged for a shipment $41.75 that i did not ask for, i called and the rep said something about a special and a card they sent out i still dont know what there talking about and told them i did not order it and if that was the case i was just going to cancell the whole account, which i do get a small shipment but only every 5 or 6 months he said he would credit back the money on my card for the $41.75 but after reading this i guess i will see and really dont even trust them anymore so think i will have to just cancell out card to cancell the account.

20th of Nov, 2009

Just got a coffee maker for two and two coffee bags. didnt order this crap. called and 'cancelled' my account. called again to their automated service and there is a delivery scheduled for the middle of December for more freaking coffee. called the customer rep again and they said my account has been flagged 'fraudulent' but wouldnt give me a confirmation number or any other information. ###. i dont even like coffee !!!

• Ji
      30th of Nov, 2009

I thought the coffee was good, but didn't like the lack of helpful customer service when i needed to change my order.

Switched over to www.camanoislandcoffee.com - Same thing without the headaches - and the coffee is arguable better. Good luck!

• Fa
      2nd of Dec, 2009

Just received a coffee maker and 2 packages of coffee from Gevalia today, shipped to our address in my wife's name. She swears she never ordered it, so she called and spoke to a CSR. Somehow, they had our name, address and correct credit card number, and even gave us a time/date when the order was placed. There is absolutely no way she made this order. We cancelled our "account" whatever that means, but based on the remarks I'm reading here, I have no confidence that they won't continue to send us coffee and charge our card. I can't imagine what the strategy is behind this deceitful business practice.

• Pm
      24th of Dec, 2009

Hi, all. Our experiences with Gevalia go back longer than a decade, and they have been positive. It began with a relative sending us a gift from Gevalia. Some years later, when they had a special offer of a coffee maker, we ordered some coffee. We received the coffee maker, the coffee and all was fine. We canceled the automatic shipments in less than a year, but did place some orders occasionally. I was worried that it would be difficult to cancel the automatic shipments, since they had sent us a free gift, obviously hoping that we would maintain the monthly shipments, but we had no problem. We also liked the coffee. In March 2009 we purchased a Tassimo coffee maker. An offer for free Gevalia 't-disks' came with the coffee maker. We submitted the coupon and received the free coffee without any problem. We placed one or two orders of Gevalia coffee for our Tassimo coffee maker, since Gevalia has the largest selection of Tassimo 't-disks'. We have had no problems with Gevalia. For the Tassimo coffee maker, the Gevalia Signature Crema is the best coffee we have had in the USA. The taste of this coffee is the only thing even remotely similar to the coffee that we have had in Paris. You may want to check the reviews of the Tassimo coffee maker on Amazon, where you will find some reviews of Gevalia coffee. I haven't looked at the reviews since the first quarter of 2009. I don't remember there being negative reviews of the company on Amazon. I'm going to check it out right now, though, to see if there have been any recent negative comments about Gevalia.

30th of Dec, 2009

I signed up to get two pkgs of coffee, one decaf and one regular, every 12 weeks. I too got the holiday shipment that included four boxes, all decaf which is their more expensive coffee, and returned it marked NOT ORDERED without opening it. I got a postcard yesterday stating they had credited the amount and were cancelling my account until I called them. Suits me fine. Then I also got a bill stating the refunded amount is for the coffee only and that I'm still responsible for the return shipping costs. That I plan to fight. Thankfully, we paid by check when we signed up and they can't charge our debit card.

• Sm
      1st of Jan, 2010

I am leary of this Gevalia coffee business the complaints are real. If you had used a prepaid Visa like me you wouldn't have any problems they wouldn't be able to charge your credit cards unless you provided them with it. From now on use a prepaid Visa Card It will save you headache.

• Fa
      21st of Jan, 2010

Just before Christmas I received a e-mail telling me that my coffee had been shipped. I thought to myself, I didn't order any coffee . I was charged $47.00 for the so called gourmet coffee. I haven't called them yet, but, after reading all the complaints here, I am making it a priority. I paid the $47.00. Actually they charged my card. You can call their actions anything you want, as for me I call it a scam. I think $47.00 for 2# of coffee is absurd, gourmet or not. as soon as I get finished with this comment I am going to cancel my subscription. Another company that should be BUYER BEWARE is Columbia House DVD club. The company requires you purchase 5 dvd's at regular club prices after you get your free dvd's . Not only are the dvd's expensive, they charge a shipping & handling charge. when you add it up, the cost of a dvd is $22.00 and when I looked closely at the product, I noticed that they where generic. By that I mean, their was no sleeve and no information you usually see when purchased at a store. I order Slum Dog Millionaire and when I reieived it it would not play on my blue ray player even though it was suppose to be a blue ray disc. This is another company I am going to cancel my subscription with. The old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. " BUYER BEWARE is all I hae to say.

• Be
      24th of Jan, 2010

-i've been a long time customer of gevalia, i think for about 3-4 years now.after reading all the complaints that you actually posted against them, i really can't believe that they are really doing that because they actually explained everything from the first shipment how the membership works and it is really up to you how you are going to handle the acct. i really love their coffees and the service as well. the rep are really nice although sometimes it's really hard to understand them because of their strong accent. i also received that special shipment that they are sending once a year. i got irritated too when they sent that to me but when i called them, they told me that i can keep the coffees free of charge. i am very pleased when they did that!