Geoholiday Starpoint Geo Holiday / Timeshare Fraud

All of those who are sick of paying for timeshsares from these scammers please read this. If you are making payments through Equiant Financial you need to know this: They did not loan you any money!! They are just a payment processor for Geoholiday. They collect the money from you and give it to them!! So, if you stop paying, Geoholiday is the only one out money! If all of us who were lied to and swindled stop paying maybe they will take notice that we will not put up with their dishonesty. Stopping payment can be a pain in the butt. You may have to cancel a credit card or change bank accounts or even banks, but worth it. Also, stop paying your maintainence fees. Why pay for something you did not buy!! I bought what the salesmen told me, not what Geoholiday is in reality. For those of you who are paying through someone else, look into it. They may be the same sort of company as Equiant Fianacial. I hope this info is helpful to a few of you out there. I am going to continue to gather people together to try to start a Class Action Lawsuit. But that means people need to get in touch with me. I am a mother of 3 young children and don't have time to track down everyone!!

britbrat106@hotmail.com
Brittney Murphy

Comments

• Ri
      10th of Jun, 2010

I have been scammed by Geoholiday/GeoClub/Starpoints! How can we get out of that contract?

• To
      23rd of Nov, 2010

I also have been scammed . Can someone contact me at torannbender@yahoo.com

• Gg
      28th of Dec, 2010

I also was scammed by GEO timeshare. They send us all the fine print after we signed our paperwork 3 weeks later in the mail. They also told us at the meeting that if we were sick of our timeshare at any point in time they would buy it back for a 20% commision fee. When I lost my job I called them to buy it back less the 20% fee and they told me they never did that. I would love to be part of a class action suit. I also heard they had some problems with Las Vegas for fraud and mis-leading consumers. I own into the Jockey Club we have had it for almost 3 years now and have never used it. Please add me to the class action suit. gaylegjinaj@yahoo.com

• Ka
      28th of Dec, 2010

We have had the GEO timeshare and have been lied to from the start. We have never been able to use the timeshare. We got a hawaii vacation for joining but it was not honored and attitude was "oh well" here a coupon for 40% off for a dinner for two (with tax and tip it was a $100 dinner). The curise that we saved up for, and the guy at GEO holiday said that we could use, they would not honor. They said that guy was wrong and he's not working for us anymore. We have tried for three weeks to contact GEO but nobody is available to talk with us. We finally talked to somebody on the phone and they said that we should have met with them at the designated date. There requirement for this meeting is that both partners need to be at the meeting or it will not happen. I know this because we went to one a long time ago and all it is is a meeting to encourage you to plan for a vacation and this is where they lie to you. They promise you things like a cruise that you can't take - like they did with us. We have stopped paying GEO holiday and they are threatening foreclosure, court, and wage garnishing. I'm sick of all there promises that they never keep. I need help!!! keithblack1952@yahoo.com

6th of Mar, 2011

After reading all of this garbage, I noticed that no one is actually complaining about the resorts or usage. I see a bunch of crybabies complaining that their FREE stuff is not up to there expectations. It was your greed that got you into this mess in the first place. Next time, say no to the FREE ### you white trash losers. Have a nice day.

12th of May, 2011

We live in Canada and bought the 15, 000 geo points in Vegas. Disaster. we stopped paying about 5 months ago and receive nothing more than threatening phone calls. Does anyone else have experience with this group and not paying them any further?? we have found out that being in Canada they are doing what they can by making the threatening calls... If anyone has any experience, please let us know.

• Al
      6th of Apr, 2017

@nothapy I live in canada too and am in a similar situation. just wondering what happened to you re Geo in the long term. Considering options in terms of cutting the cords.

• Av
      16th of Mar, 2018

@Alessandra Correia Hello have you any success in cutting the cord?

21st of Mar, 2018

@Avoid Stressed Vacations Hi Alessandra...have you gotten any good advice? I'm thinking of stopping to pay my maintenance fees. I just don't want to get bad credit though.
    Thanks
    Josie

• Gu
      2nd of Jun, 2011

I have also been scammed. After I got the timeshare, I have not heard or received any information whatsoever from this company. The only thing I get is a bill from equiant. All false promises and lies.

• Sl
      13th of Aug, 2012

Is there any way not to continue paying them... i cant afford anymore.

5th of Sep, 2012

GEOHOLIDAY in my opinion is not a reputable company and their sales representatives are UNPROFESSIONAL.

I was on a trip in Vegas and was told that I would get discounted tickets to shows upon doing a "survey" of a tour of a newly renovated property. I immediately signed-up, thinking I'd be doing just that.

When I arrived at the front of PH - Miracle Miles shop (with a number of employees dressed in a red polo), I told them I had an appointment at 9AM. One of the representatives made a phonecall and my fiance and I were shortly escorted by a representative to the property, "The Jockey Club" located next to the Cosmopolitan Hotel.

At this point we got inside and completed the "Check-In" forms and was seated with a respresentative by the name of Dale. At that point, we realized that it was an infosession for a Timeshare. We decided to stay and listen to what the representative(s) had to say. After a short presentation which was interrupted by a fire alarm the representative brought us to another area and discussed the details of the timeshares. He threw numbers that made sense both of us, but it all came down to the legitimacy of the Company itself. After a fairly lengthy discussion with both Dale and his supervisor (who was apparently more familar with the discounted cost for Canadians), we told them that we were NOT INTERESTED in purchasing a timeshare. I found the both of them very unprofessional as soon as we stated the very fact that we will not be purchasing anything from them at that point in time. Yes the numbers made sense and SEEMED like a good investment, however we did not want to commit to something we knew nothing about. One representative implied that we were STUPID (by saying - well that's the opposite of SMART" while the other LITERALLY told us that our DECISION is STUPID.

That is very unprofessional! Never in my life have a met such rude sales representative.
    They tell you that it's just an infosession with no strings attached...but if you do not sign a contract with them in the end they will be extremely rude to you.

When I asked Dale how long it would take for the "Check-Out" process, he said he didn't know in a VERY RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL way with a "STUPID" SMIRK. In addition, he RUDELY stated that those who purchase something can get out within a few minutes, but since we weren't buying anything it could take awhile.

At that point, I was furious and started making a scene upon the return of his supervisor (who called us STUPID). As soon as I announced what their unprofessionalism was when they decided to allow me to go through "Check-Out".

In the end, yes I was given the tickets at a discount as promised - but the hassle and the misery I had to go through for over 2hours was not worth it.

Please note that the tickets may be annoying to get - since you are not necessarily guaranteed a seat on your chosen date (based on availability).

If you feel like going through the process of sitting with someone who pretends to be helpful and will benefit you for two hours by telling you WHAT to do and HOW you should do it then by all means go ahead and meet with a GEOHOLIDAY representative.

• Am
      24th of Oct, 2012

Geoholiday is a scam! Lies, lies and more lies! We just want to walk away at this point, but we know that they'll badger us for the maintenance fees

• Am
      24th of Oct, 2012

We paid for the membership (several thousand dollars), and what does it get you? Nothing but a pain, and you can never book at a resort that you've chosen. You pretty much have to book over a year ahead.

Hate it! I know we are walking away from a lot of money, however, $700 US a year is a lot when you can't have access to a desired holiday destination.

Some of their resorts are rundown!

10th of Dec, 2012

I was just in Vegas this weekend, guy offered $200 in casino play, 3/4 stay at the Jockey Club, and $50 gift card..
    so my girlfriend and I took the "tour" they said 90 min max... so after showing us them on the BBB site with A rating (which is bull ###) then the rooms, they tried to sell us this crap package for 10k plus 10 percent down and $400 HOA fees a year, said no, after a few min of going back and fourth the sales guy gave his little buddy a single and he came over and said "give them 20k more points for free" still said no, so after a few more min they dropped the price to 8k, still told them no.. so after all that crap they sent over another guy that was suppose to check us out, well [censored] me it was another guy trying to sell a smaller package for cheaper, then tried to get us into a trial package, i told them no again, so when it came to get our gifts they gave us our gift card, the free nights was bull ### had to put $90 down i told them NO, when it came to my free casino play those ### gave me $200 in promotional play at Casino Royal but the thing is you cant keep your winnings unless you win over 4k or hit the top jackpot.. do not buy from these guys pass this along to anyone that is going to Vegas.. have them take the tour then at the end make a scene in the room yelling really loudly that this is a scam and get your gifts and leave...

• Ka
      12th of Feb, 2013

I see alot of remarks about about the free stuff which I agree were crap. But we bought into the timeshare, we have 5 days to cancel. Is there anyone that currently has the timeshare and would you recommend it? We got 15, 000 points for $4000.00 plus some other bonus stuff. We are wanting a timeshare I just want to make sure this is a decent one. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks

• Av
      5th of Mar, 2013

We have been scammed by Geo Holidays since we bought in 2005. Every year we have to consume our points by a certain time if not they expire. We recently wanted to book a resort through RCI in Asia and were told we have to pay a fee of USD$227 for a week resort plus 12000 points. The other option is to rent for $219USD with no points. So why would one exchange? They force you to use Geo Clubs and many are run down or not well located (or lose the points). Further, the resort we are looking at was not able to be viewed for details unless we pay an upfront cost of USD$227 to do a search. On top of this fee, we are paying a monthly membership and already a significant fee was paid at initial agreement. Since 2005 the rules to GeoHoliday constantly change without notification. One could use 30, 000 points for a cruise, now it is restricted to 10, 0000. We like to travel but most of the resorts that GeoHoliday offered are very limited and mainly outskirts of the cities. If you are one that like to travel to different places in the world and are not at retirement, Geo Holiday is not for you. Geo Holiday is a SCAM as far as we are concerned because when we signed up we were told of all the luxury hotels available in the WORLD. And a stress free vacation at the resort. Trying to use the points every year is very stressful. Don't expect the words you hear today to be true tomorrow.

• Vi
      14th of Mar, 2013

HI, i too feel scammed, we bought years ago, paid around 15K, we only used RCI once, and never the GEO. I tried to speak with their CSR, very rude, and out right defensive. Tried to tell them that I cant pay anymore. I am a disable widow and my husband is gone now. I have never used it and I don't want it anymore. They were rude and nasty every time i tried to get out. I stopped paying the 75.00 in RCI fees, and then this year I refused to pay the 500.00 dollars in yearly fees. They lied, they told us the fees would be paid in CAD because we were in Canada. We pay 1200 every two years to travel for one week every second year. The resorts arent worth that kind of money. I have since stopped paying them the 500USD and now they have suspended all member rights and are sending me to collections. I am interested in a class action suit against these people, and I think this industry must be legislated by our government. I recall every second of the high pressure tactics to sell this, and we felt captive there. We were there for hours and hours and it was relentless. It is a ripoff and their people who really work for us are rude and nasty when you want out.

17th of Apr, 2013

Agents of Geoholiday are liars. We bought the cheapest package they have. Was told the timeshare was for lifetime and that we can will it to to our kids. After several weeks, we found out it was for 45 years. So we ended up having to paying several thousands more to upgrade to the lifetime. And of course, that mean higher maintenance fees. Damn..total rip off..

• Mi
      22nd of May, 2013

We have made no progress. We have not paid then one more cent though! We changed our numbers so we would stop getting harassing phone calls from the collection agency. So horrible and I hope others read this before they make a HUGE mistake like we did!

• Th
      27th of May, 2013

I don't know why people buy into timeshares. If somebody can share some info I would appreciate.

• Ik
      17th of Jun, 2013

We are Geo Holiday member since 2005 and bought our package for 12k but not a single time we got chance to use our plan but keep pying $550 every year which is keep increasing every year without any notice. This year a very rude CSR called to collect dues and based on her behaviour I decided not to pay them single penny. In addition as per agreement if payment is not made then Geo Holiday will cancel plan along with all the privelages which are completely useless. In addition if I ask them to cancel it they say "there is penalty of $2000". While agreement does not say anything like that. I really want to get out of it. Even if i have to go through lawyer I would.

21st of Mar, 2018

@Ikhalid Hi...did you have any luck?...josie

2nd of May, 2018

@Josie Corso Let me know if you decide on stopping payment of maintenance fees

• Vi
      22nd of Jul, 2013

We paid about 10500 a long time ago. We were lied to by the high pressure sales people. they kept us there for over 6 hours, when we kept saying no they brought this other guy over and we finally gave in and signed. we just wanted out of there. we paid off the loan we supposedly had and then the fees that we were told were to be paid annually were to include the rci and membership shot up over time to over 500.00 per year. they lied to us told us they were a canadian company and then we get the bill it is in usd. we used the vacation points once in all those years, and it was an rci trade. my husband got sick and we never ever used it. he died and i am a widow now with no possibility of travel. year after year i explained this to their csr.s they were rude, confrontational and nasty. i told them year after year i wanted out. this year 2013 i stopped paying them their annual fees. their collections people call, write letters, and they have destroyed my credit rating. We felt ripped off, trapped, and intimidated by these people. I want to get a lawyer as well to fight these people back. 10500 gone, and all the money every year for absolutely nothing but harrassment. we are from the toronto area and i would like others to help in a class action suite against these people. it never lived up to their robust sales pitches and the outright lies they told us. please help. we need to fight back.

21st of Mar, 2018

@Vitctoria72 Hi..I'm in Toronto area too. Have you had any luck? I'm thinking of stopping to pay my maintenance fees.
    josie

2nd of May, 2018

@Josie Corso Same here Josie

3rd of Aug, 2018

@Josie Corso Has anyone actually stopped paying ? Looking for info on what happens ?

• Kg
      22nd of Sep, 2018

@annemalena I am also looking for info. Stopped paying 2 years ago, started getting daily calls but from an automated thing so I just ignore it. As per item 11 of the contract it says they take back ownership but how long does this take? I tried calling them before I stopped paying to let them know and give them the opportunity to take ownership but was threatened with collection agencies and credit rating destruction