Genie Bra / Allergic to It!

Michigan, Holt, United States Review updated:

I purchased a pack of Genie bras locally at a large chain pharmacy--so I was spared the outrageous costs others paid by ordering over the phone. I agree with most of the others that the bra does not have the support advertised--and the lower band is not thick as they advertised. I've been wearing the bra for a couple of weeks, all the while developing a worsening dermatitis on my breasts--horribly itchy, burning and red. I couldn't figure out why it was happening, until I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized it was the bra itself. It is made of elastic materials that I am allergic too. Worse yet, these materials don't breathe, and the moisture builds up in the bra, the bra actually remains "moist" to the touch after being off for 8 hours. If you are allergy prone or have sensitive skin like I do--don't get this bra, you'll be in misery for several days until you figure out why and then you'll find yourself in the same spot as me, $25 less in your pocket and still no bra to wear!

Comments

8th of May, 2012

I, too have purchased the set of bras from a large chemist chain 2 weeks ago and have developed a rash which started on my chest and back and has gradually spread all over my body. When I put it on this morning I notived a gradual burning sensation within the bra area and it gradually spread to my neck and arms. By the end of the day it will have spread further. I thought I would type these details in to see if it had been experienced by others. Do you know if it is possible to get a refund?

• Pr
      27th of Dec, 2014

The same thing happened to me and I'm so miserable Right now. The rash started on my b rests and upper back and is slowly spreading to my shoulders, neck, stomach, arms, and lower back. I didn't notice anything untill I took the bra off and jumped in the shower and felt my chest burning and looked down to see the rash! I have no Alergy to latex but I did do some light exercise while wearing the bra and the material seems to not have any way to breathe.